It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we be ashamed? Why, yes, yes we should.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Anyone with even a modicum of historical knowledge will not blame the west solely.

There are many "sides" complicit in the making of today's situation.

That's why it's going to be so hard to fix.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That's where the difficulty lies. It's easy to blame others, it's literally human nature linky

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Your audience hear you...

Your target audience are now too apathetic and brainwashed to respond humanely.

I won't be back to read the incoming excuses.

Just to say, there are plenty of others, pictures all over Twitter all week.

It's a f#ing disgrace.

RIP.

Well, immigration is a disgrace, in that it does NOT solve any problem.

When does anyone take action to disgrace the actual scum behind it all ??

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: thesaneone

As you...

I do what I can. Habitat for Humanity has not only received my money, but my time as well.

Soup kitchens have benefited from both my money and my time.

Reading programs for kids and adults likewise.

I've donated my time giving rides to the local VA for veterans who may lack transportation.

Imagining the general public to be the ones to blame here is the same as the global warming crowd.

In fact, I blame the likes of YOU for the systems so easily being the way they are.

Without knowing it, the mentality involved is actually easier for the elites to maintain when we have spotlight mentalities such as this.

It ENSURES nothing is ever done to look at the real problems, it blames us all, as if WE the PEOPLE have power..

Get over the delusion that WE have a say in nearly anything that goes on.

Not like this we don't.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Whoa there buddy. The only reason why there is conflict in Syria is because Europe, along with the US, Saudi Arabia, UAE and a few other players want a pipeline through Syria so Europe won't be so dependant on Russian gas, thats it.

The Bashar is a tyrant as much as the US president. Gaddafi had that "tyrant" label put on him and the US killed him via a proxy army. How is that working out for Libya?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
so no one cares about the glaring inconsistencies of the story? its the whole reason for this thread isnt it? Ive read at least 10 different articles and some of them contain factual errors which change the entire premise of the story.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

take that to another thread my friend, Gaddafi needed to go, if you don't know why, I suggest you do some research. The M.E. issue in general has been going on for about a thousand years.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ratsinacage

That is the media for you. Take bits and pieces, NEVER trust any one source.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Imagining the general public to be the ones to blame here is the same as the global warming crowd.

Who do you blame then? That great omnipresent "other"? Untouchable. Unknowable. All powerful. Grow up, yes there are powerful folks with agendas who profit from the pain, and the suffering of others. But they're human. Just like you. Just like me. Just like that little boys father. They aren't untouchable. Unknowable. All powerful. That we allow them to be untouchable. Unknowable. Seemingly all powerful, is our fault. Who else's, may I ask?

In fact, I blame the likes of YOU for the systems so easily being the way they are.

Mea culpa. I've been led down the primrose path a lot in my life. ...and undoubtedly will be again. I'm not omniscient. I'm just a guy doin' the best I can.

Without knowing it, the mentality involved is actually easier for the elites to maintain when we have spotlight mentalities such as this.

Spotlight mentalities...
. Nice.

It ENSURES nothing is ever done to look at the real problems, it blames us all, as if WE the PEOPLE have power..

Get over the delusion that WE have a say in nearly anything that goes on.

Larger agenda's with in the events of the day... Shocking. Truly shocking. ...glad you're here to point this out to me. We have the power should we decide to use it. Only an apathetic person would think that we can't do anything about it. Or a delusional one.

Not like this we don't.

Not like what? Hiding from the big bad untouchable? No one is untouchable, if you're willing to do what it takes to do something about it. One person alone? No. You're pessimism is warranted. But many one persons? That's something else entirely. Deny it as you will. I really don't care.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Thank you for being a voice, so i can just listen

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yes, yes it is. Humans have been known to over come our basic natures. Happens quite often.

Now on the scale this will call for? I don't know. I can't know. I'm not omniscient. But larger things are effected by smaller all the time.

Perhaps, maybe, we can overcome the demons of our baser natures, and tread where angels fear to go.

Maybe.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: yulka

You're welcome?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I'm currently working and saving to buy my own land and create my own utopia. I'm studying solar power a lot. i wan't to get "off the grid" as much as I can be. I will welcome any and everyone willing to contribute to necessities of survival. Now such a proposal WILL require effort from all. You cannot just create a society of unskilled refugees. I'm willing to teach all I meet and welcome (not a cult thing, a survival thing). I have enough land purchased to do this, BUT. Yea the big BUT. Will they go along with my carefree attitude on my land? Or will they try to spread their religion/culture? The unfortunate is usually the latter. At least that is the case with the Mexicans I have met. They don't want American life, they want easy life.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Where 'bouts? You needn't tell me, of course...but I can't help but be curious.

I'm relocating in the next couple of years myself. Some land in the backhills of Tennessee beckon. My sister's husband has family there, and I'm talking my family into going...and many friends within a short drive. I may not be able to effect the macro to any great extent, but the micro is a bit more manageable. Not that I'll stop trying, but a sense of realism forces me to admit that this may be a Cervantian windmill I'm jousting at...

I wish you well on your endevour.
edit on 9/4/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I'm buying a bit south of the Hoover Dam, land is super cheap.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Ia reply to: seagull

So give up your house and all your money for this cause then. Or do you want others tax dollars to do the work? Put your money where your mouth is.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

we have zero control of where our tax dollars go to, that is relevant for any nation.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

Is this a none too subtle way of calling me a hypocrite?

As I've said numerous times in this thread, perhaps you've noticed, I do what I can. I've given money, and I've given time to help others in need. Would that I could give more, but I've got to eat, and pay for my internet connection, of course.

So far as a home goes, I am what one might call homeless. Not roofless, mind you, but the home isn't mine. For reasons I've really no interest in divulging to you in the slightest.

I've no control over where my taxes go, nor anyone elses...and that, my friend, is precisely one of the problems facing this benighted world. Isn't it?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I feel so frustrated over this because I know Cameron has very dirty hands over Libya, and Syria it was Blair over Iraq but nevertheless our politicians should have thought through their - what do they call it Foreign Policy and its repercussions - which is what everyone is suffering from today. Its these men who should be up on charges against humanity and made to face them.

But nevertheless there is limit on how many people can suddenly flood into different countries without destabilising them and destroying their infrastructure - schools, housing, the extra funding required for them as they arrive with next to nothing - all of which I would give willingly if we had enough to start with. You can't even get a GP's appointment for a fortnight in many areas today because of overcrowding, we don't have spare capacity in our schools, NHS/GP's surgeries etc, social housing etc because of government cutbacks so you can't suddenly increase the demand on resources that are being financially cut back. I do voluntary work within one of our leading Housing Associations and they are in dire trouble having to make 1% cut for the next 4 years because of Camerons budgetary demands. Jobs, new housing and all other facilities are stretched beyond their capacity with who we have here already.

The picture of that poor little boy and the knowledge that his brother is also lost is horrific but I am going to make a very unpleasant point. Their father has a responsibility for his son's deaths by choosing that means of transport and that should not be shushed under the carpet. Apart form the horrendous tragedies, many probably not reported even our anguish is caused by political greed and the possible expansion of borders by clearing out as many of the indigenous people living in Syria as possible.

Its those causing the problems of which ISIS is merely a tool that need to be identified in public and made accountable for the whole policy of trying to get rid of Assad. The experience of interference on this scale is a world scandal, we are all being emotionally blackmailed into accepting this illegal policy, but its time we all demanded an explation and action. Syria needs to be put back together so its people can stay where they live, not be made, like the Palestinians to leave and then be other country's responsibility.

I dare say my opinion will offend, but its also what I believe is happening especially in that country and we already have Libya and Iraq as examples of why I think the way I do.
edit on 4-9-2015 by Shiloh7 because: spelling errors I missed sorry

edit on 4-9-2015 by Shiloh7 because: sorry missed the

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The simple fact is people need help and we are not doing enough.
Our governments have made this mess be it the Syrian, UK, USA, Russian we should all take the blame.
Are we going to man up as a specie and do what is right for a change? demand that our politicians do something?.
I hope so but I think this is just the start of millions of people being displaced.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join