It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we be ashamed? Why, yes, yes we should.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
They are leaving Turkey because they aren't getting enough and heading on to Europe, so that makes them economic immigrants more than refugees. And I don't blame anyone but the parents for that little boys death.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: Parthin96
OK, they had their Dead Baby moment. Frankly, see those hordes of able-bodied men of military age simply RUNNING AWAY fills me with disgust. Oh, save us, when do our benefits start. Like most third-world people, the bulk of the Syrian men would rather hide from the bombs than fight for freedom. Such people are doomed to be ruled by evil men with guns. Our ancestors risked death to be free, and some of them died. Yes, there are brave freedom fighters in Syria, but it's not enough for victory.
a reply to: seagull

Maybe they are not the bloodthirsty savages the media make them out to be and they choose not to kill other human beings.

There's a difference between just up and murdering someone and fighting for the right to live. One is savage, the other is understandable by any rational person.

I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence...Ghandi, there is a time when even the most peaceful must fight for survival.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Shamalamadingdong
a reply to: TinfoilTP

So their lives don't matter?

What does your drivel have anything to do w it? I've seen you say all lives matter

Hypocrite

When the US wanted to go in to Syria after Assad went full blown tyrant on his people, the world said no to saving people just like them. So yes their lives matter but Russia Iran and others blocked their lives from mattering. Go shout about it at them.

Errrrr.... Assad didn't start this mess, the west did.
Syria was always a secular state, very little trouble at all, but Assad didn't bow down to Israel and thus has to go. Once the western backed, funded and armed Islamist "rebels" were finished in Libya, they were transported out along with arms to get things going in Syria. Very few of the "Syrian" rebels were actually from Syria, but were instead from western backed proxy groups.
So, don't go blaming Assad for this mess, or Russia or Iran either, put the blame squarely where it belongs, on the heads of the USA, the UK, Israel and all those others who go along with the constant warmongering.

Just to make certain no one missed the truth the first time around.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

OK, they had their Dead Baby moment. Frankly, see those hordes of able-bodied men of military age simply RUNNING AWAY fills me with disgust. Oh, save us, when do our benefits start. Like most third-world people, the bulk of the Syrian men would rather hide from the bombs than fight for freedom. Such people are doomed to be ruled by evil men with guns. Our ancestors risked death to be free, and some of them died. Yes, there are brave freedom fighters in Syria, but it's not enough for victory.

Maybe they are not the bloodthirsty savages the media make them out to be and they choose not to kill other human beings.

There's a difference between just up and murdering someone and fighting for the right to live. One is savage, the other is understandable by any rational person.

I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence...Ghandi, there is a time when even the most peaceful must fight for survival.

Fight or Flight response. Not everyone has it in them to kill. Given the circumstance they are not yet organised to take on a Army armed to the teath. Maybe in a few years those refugees will go back and take their country back, but they aint gonna do it with sticks and stones.

Remember how the vacuum happened that allowed the likes of IS in in the first place.
edit on 3-9-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Fight or Flight response. Not everyone has it in them to kill. Given the circumstance they are not yet organised to take on a Army armed to the teath. Maybe in a few years those refugees will go back and take their country back, but they aint gonna do it with sticks and stones.

Remember how the vacuum happened that allowed the likes of IS in in the first place.

Technically it's the flight, fight , or freeze response. Despite any background I can understand that. But family must be around for these guys and if nothing else. I would hope that alone would allow them to say f fear and f freeze. If not I could introduce you to mothers all across America and I'm not referring to Palin. If your not willing to fight for your own survival or those you love. I suspect you never will.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: yuppa

I do hurt inside about them all.

Well not saying i dont feel anything for them as human beings,but there comes a time you have to step back and let life happen by itself. WHo is to say that it was not theses peoples time to die? I look at i t like this you do not die before you are suppossed to.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Technically it's the flight, fight , or freeze response. Despite any background I can understand that. But family must be around for these guys and if nothing else. I would hope that alone would allow them to say f fear and f freeze. If not I could introduce you to mothers all across America and I'm not referring to Palin. If your not willing to fight for your own survival or those you love. I suspect you never will.

6 million Jews went to there deaths in the 40's. Hundreds of thousands were incarcerated in camps, slowly starving to death and not many fought back against those who wished to annihilate them. Humans are a strange bunch.
edit on 3-9-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

6 million Jews went to there deaths in the 40's. Hundreds of thousands were incarcerated in camps, slowly starving to death and not many fought back against those who wished to annihilate them. Humans are a strange bunch.

There's a big difference when something is presented as a simple move ( but no choice)so pack your bags and get on the train, reality hits and it's oh crap time. Vs in your face open hostility, I'm trying to kill you. My guess would be had the Nazis presented it as an in your face attempt to kill you vs were moving you so pack your bags, wear your best and bring the family. The reaction would have been much different.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

it was even worse over in russia. something like 50 million russians were killed by their own government under stalin, and eventually, he started killing jewish doctors and other educated jews, as well. but first, he pretty much murdered via starvation, the entire ukraine.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Errrrr.... Assad didn't start this mess, the west did.

No the 'west' did not start this mess.

The mess in the ME started long before there ever was a west.

The Sunnis and the Shias are the ones who started that 'mess' backed by Russia, and the west didn't stand by got in the action.

AFTER other ARAB countries in the middle east like Saudi Arabia, and Iran with their proxy wars.

That span from Yemen to Syria, to Libya,to Afghanistan, and Iraq.

But i forgot everything is the west's 'fault' because we all know 'everyone' in the middle are little angels right ?

The op was about the face of just exactly who gets caught in the middle of east and west.

The Sunni's and the Shia's 'Hatfield, and McCoy' blood feud.

The worlds longest running show of stupidity.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

No we should never be ashamed to be honest with you, we just need to get our act together and help where we can. What good does it bring of feeling ashamed about what's happening when in the nature of it all, a minority is just baiting us and bring out the bad vibes in us.

A lot of people on here know too well not to fall this emotional trap, be of gratitude and help where you really can.

Peace

edit on 3-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Everyone forgets Russia invaded Afghanistan first.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

That they did.

The Peshwar Seven, and the Tehran eight.

As it was in the 80s so it is today.

But it's the 'west's fault.
edit on 3-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Shamalamadingdong
a reply to: TinfoilTP

So their lives don't matter?

What does your drivel have anything to do w it? I've seen you say all lives matter

Hypocrite

When the US wanted to go in to Syria after Assad went full blown tyrant on his people, the world said no to saving people just like them. So yes their lives matter but Russia Iran and others blocked their lives from mattering. Go shout about it at them.

Nice of you to not point out that the rebels we back have murdered far more than Assad ever did. Not to mention it was the rebels that used the chemical attack killing innocent people. Stop watching FOX and you may actually learn something.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

That they did.

Kind of forgot what we were doing in that country huh?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Na, The UK beat Russia by a few years

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

The Brits were all over in those times lol.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: neo96

That they did.

Kind of forgot what we were doing in that country huh?

Sure didn't forget.

Russia invaded Afghanistan Saudi Araiba, and Iran (The peshwar seven, and terhan eight) trained in PAKISTAN aided by China,Europe, and the US fought the soviet union.

Of course that wasn't the only time Russia invaded the most 'holy' land of the muslims it invaded Iran during world war 2.

But no one really gives a crap about real history or the truth.

Everything is the 'wests' fault. The Middle East has NO culpability what so ever.

Right.

Even that Al Qaeda's roots, and ISIS roots can directly be traced BACK to Saudis GIP, and Pakistan's ISI.

While the flipside of that coin can be traced back to Russia, and Irans VEVAK.

And again NO ONE cares.

It' ALL the west's FAULT!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Never crosses my mind as a serious issue.
Kinda figured that out the moment we got the GO code for Desert Storm.
You're worthless if you are scared of dying and it controls you.
I wonder why any of those SUPERIOR farces in ALL those countries that are supposedly BETTER than America ,haven't stepped up?
I think it's mostly testicular function. WE ran into nastier fights in a FEW towns in Iraq than the Russians faced.
NOT to mention China got their asses kicked by Vietnam.

We can't save the world,as much as we wished we could.
THEY don't want us to do so.
edit on 3-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

it's easier to reference current times than research actual history, how dare you say such things

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join