It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we be ashamed? Why, yes, yes we should.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Same with some of our leaders in the UK. They don't seem to be following a sensible foreign policy. Our leaders seem totally intent on destabalising the Middle East, specifically those countries that were still secular, thus encouraging the near complete ethnic cleansing of Christians from their ancestral homeland. Mental

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm moved to tears watching this - the plight of these people and the world basically shunning them.
But then also their resolve and spirit in the face of hostility and peril, they march onward looking to provide a safe haven for their children and loved ones - while they're herded like cattle and treated like a subhuman species.
Just unbelievable.
edit on 4-9-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
They are leaving Turkey because they aren't getting enough and heading on to Europe, so that makes them economic immigrants more than refugees. And I don't blame anyone but the parents for that little boys death.

Really?

So no blame lies with those committing atrocities in Syria?

No blame lies with those funding and providing arms to them?

No blame lies with countries such as the UK who are leaving it to surrounding countries such as Turkey to cope with the majority of refugees resulting in a struggle for survival in dangerous living conditions for many?

No blame lies with the people traffickers taking advantage of desperate people and providing fake life jackets?

The treatment of Syrian refugees in general in Turkey seems pretty dire. It can't all be down to Turkey though, there's only so much they can do. The number of refugees inTurkey is expected to rise to 1.9M in 2015, way more than their 'fair share' I'm sure everyone would agree.

Only 217,000 are housed in camps where they receive basic supplies, the remainder are left to fend for themselves and the majority are given nothing. Classed as 'guests' rather than 'refugees' due to a loophole in the system, they are not afforded any legal protection and often work for a pittance. Often children have to go out to work too just so that a family can survive.

The need to provide basic food and shelter means that families resort to desperate measures to try and make ends meet - even putting their children to work.

Ten-year old “Ibrahim” and his family fled Aleppo two years ago and moved to the Turkish border town of Kilis, where they live in a cement bunker. To survive, father and son collect plastic from garbage bins, earning 1 TL (50 cents) for each ½ kg of plastic. Young Ibrahim told Amnesty International that he wakes up each day at 6 am and finishes work at around 4 pm.

www.amnesty.org...

If you can't imagine yourself in one of those boats, you have something missing. They are dying for a life worth living. #refugeeswelcome — J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) September 3, 2015

Source for stats www.unhcr.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
One has to wonder why no one has asked countries like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, the UAE, etc., which are still stable and are definitely wealthy to step up and take on some of these refugees.

I thought one of the pillars of Islam was charity and the people from Syria are closer culturally and geographically to these nations I listed above.

And if you want to complain that Western nations share blame for the destabilization of Syria ... it's not like these nations are innocent of that either.

So why no blame being sent their way for not allowing in refugees?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
One has to wonder why no one has asked countries like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, the UAE, etc., which are still stable and are definitely wealthy to step up and take on some of these refugees.

I thought one of the pillars of Islam was charity and the people from Syria are closer culturally and geographically to these nations I listed above.

And if you want to complain that Western nations share blame for the destabilization of Syria ... it's not like these nations are innocent of that either.

So why no blame being sent their way for not allowing in refugees?

Some of those countries don't even acknowledge refugee status.
I also wouldn't wish some of those on my worst enemy - talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Heck HERE they're destabilizing US with a fake RACE WAR,disobeying constitutional laws and TRYING to kill our military.
They have produced a generation of self serving WUSSIES who would surrender when confronted by violence.
You guys are being videotaped in BATHROOMS by now it seems.
By Pedos who are quite busy immigrating MORE problems as well as doing the same to your military
edit on 4-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

Given that they had UN status when that was signed ... how exactly did the weasel out of that one?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The point is that we don't need our military to get involved, we need to get out of the ME and we need to take in refugees.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

The point is that we don't need our military to get involved, we need to get out of the ME and we need to take in refugees.

We have hungry children, homeless, those not getting medical attention at home. I guess from that view how is it helping to take people in if we can't guarantee basic needs . If we are guaranteeing basic needs for refugees over current citizens here. We have a much bigger problem.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

There's no excuse for either.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

How MANY are indeed Jihadists I will need to kill?
HOW will you stop that?
I want EACH and every innocent we can SAVE brought over here ,JUST as bad as I wish to exterminate Jihadists.
We still have to create a new industrial base ,ifrastructure replacement and a rearmament to confront the MESS rising up all over the world before we get HIT in the arctic or by Iran giving a nuke to an inbound tango.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Let Israel take them in, we are already being invaded. They have been the most destabilizing force and their proxy fighter America. Yeah that poem was written by Jewish Communist Emma Lazarus. It really has nothing to do with the Statue of Liberty. Only because she intimated so.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
I'm moved to tears watching this - the plight of these people and the world basically shunning them.
But then also their resolve and spirit in the face of hostility and peril, they march onward looking to provide a safe haven for their children and loved ones - while they're herded like cattle and treated like a subhuman species.
Just unbelievable.

It's hard to watch, but I would recommend easing your mind a little by checking out the great things individuals are doing to help them too.

While there are some truly vile people voicing their gross opinions on forums like this one, for every one of them there's a hundred volunteers and Humanitarians helping out on the ground

Some of the stories coming out of Hungary and Germany are amazing, with people opening their homes to take refugees in, people delivering water and food, people taking their old clothes to the people at the station, people arriving on the march rout on the way to Austria to give people food and water.

The vast majority of people understand what being a Human actually means, unlike posters like Wardaddy454 (appropriate name) who are basically sounding like they belong in 1930's Germany.

Thankfully these disgusting inhumane creatures have no power and are not the ones making decisions.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Reallyfolks

There's no excuse for either.

Maybe not but there's no excuse for making it worse either. It's really just common sense. Even if what you are attempting to help, if you make an existing problem worse or creating more problems in the process are you really helping? Or are you making things worse for even more people and negating anything positive you thought you were doing?

I get the emotional aspect, but there has to be some common sense to go with it. Seems to be lacking when addressing immigration, refugees, etc.

(post by Rocker2013 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I would assume if those with power and making decisions weren't disgusting inhumane creatures to begin with the problems wouldn't exist to begin with. Whatever blows your hair back though.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

No I know, there are some simply beautiful stories too - even some prominent figures celebs looking to rehome families etc.
Also the resolve and spirit of these refugees is just inspiring, humbling and deeply moving.
It's a really difficult watch because one minute it's heartbreaking and I'm sobbing at the desperation and the next my heart is singing with joy and my faith in humanity is restored.
It's simpy an incredible and unimaginable situation.

But yes, there are positives despite the horrors
edit on 4-9-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowsOfEridu

Yes, let's ignore the other sides in those conflicts that date back quite literally centuries, and blame it all on the bad ol' Jews.

This is precisely the mindset that keeps any sort of meaningful peace from ever happening. Complete and total blinders to the reality that is Middle Eastern history. There is no one bad guy. Every damned entity has been, at one time or another, the big bad ol' boogey-man.

Jewish Communist? Really? Surely you can come up with a more unique insult for her than that?

Why not just call her a poopy-head, and have done with it.

Jeeze.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowsOfEridu
a reply to: seagull

Let Israel take them in, we are already being invaded. They have been the most destabilizing force and their proxy fighter America.

Here they are again, the "Blame the Jews for everything" posters!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join