It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prominant Iowa Conservative Talk Show Host: Wants To Make Illegal Aliens SLAVES!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLegend

I'd offer that thinking of forced slavery as a "job" is a few steps beyond using convenient euphemisms. As for Israel? Not my country. I don't have as much of an ability to directly address their issues. However I am quite happy to state my disapproval of the way Israel handles the Palestinian issue as well.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I hesitate to even post this because I don't like to think of people in these terms but a few years ago I was talking politics with a psychologist I know he suggested a theory to me that the crazies in the Republican party get more of a spotlight because conservatives are naturally a bit more hierarchical, they like having people ranking from the top down and listening to what those above them say, examples of such being a radio celebrity driven RNC, the military, and the church. People on the left tend to look at people who are crazy and simply ignore them.

I don't know if this is true or not because people like Jesse Jackson get plenty of positive attention from the left, but after the 2012 election and what we've seen so far of the 2016 election where the more moderate candidates are being ignored on the right I wonder if there's something to it.

As far as Trump goes, I think there's enough of an electorate that can think critically that he has no chance. That said, primaries are usually all about being extreme because of who typically turns out to vote for a primary. For the Republicans that means everyone is trying to one up the other with conservative rhetoric, but in a general election where swing states (and thus the entire election) are won by those in the middle, they tend to be a little more sane.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I got an idea . Let's round up some of these illegal immigrants and register them as Americans! The right shouldn't have a problem with it. "It's a technicality" they scream. They are illegal. Let's just legalize them.

You are welcome America.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

If they weren't deported then the government is saying it's fine that they're here. That's essentially legal status, so what's the problem? They're here working and contributing.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
Wow,

Any other labels you'd like to throw?

And, thank you ever so kindly, but, I won't be taking *your opinion* on the matter.

You break a law, you receive the prescribed punishment. Our problem is bleeding hearts who refuse to acknowledge that in order to live together, WE NEED LAWS and the LAWS NEED TO BE OBEYED.

We also need people to fill the jobs they're taking. Georgia had a successful anti immigration policy, it was so successful no one hired any immigrants. It took under 2 months to nearly bankrupt the agriculture industry, and the farmers demanded the policy removed. The state had no choice but to do so.

How much do you want to pay for a piece of produce? If illegal immigrants aren't doing these jobs, food prices are going to have to skyrocket. It's estimated that even $20/hour wouldn't be enough to get people to work them.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
I got an idea . Let's round up some of these illegal immigrants and register them as Americans! The right shouldn't have a problem with it. "It's a technicality" they scream. They are illegal. Let's just legalize them.

So, "let's forgive millions of criminals in the US"?

Is it wrong for a nation to have a border and to enforce its laws against foreign intrusion? Since when did this common, national law (universal even) become a "right" thing?

We're already more "left" than Europe when it comes to illegal immigration. We're about the only country in the world dumb enough to give incentive for foreigners to illegally sneak in here and reproduce legal children - stiffing us with the hospital bill and a lifetime of welfare to doll out (since we don't have enough jobs for everyone as it is, with 35% unemployment).

My bro's ex-gf from Trinidad did this same thing. Got preggo, got a work visa to NYC (lying about her pregnancy on the form), went to NY and had her baby, got the birth certificate and went back to Trinidad 2 days later. Didn't pay a dime towards her hospital bill. Just a "thank you and # you."
edit on 8/22/2015 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

So you want justice, right? Cold vengeance. You want to crush them beneath your fists and demolish the hope out of them? Throw them back to that rotten cesspool they escaped from? Where is your compassion? Your empathy??

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Here I'll make a concession . You can lock up the ones that commit crimes. I guess you chain gang them or whatever you crazy kids call it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Why not blame the industries, agriculture and construction primarily, for incentivizing the migration? These industries openly exploit the border issue to their advantage.

In fact a quick history study will show that the twentieth century had a major theme of overlooking this issue specifically to benefit agriculture, manufacturing and construction. The people at the top don't want the border closed. Even Trump, who singlehandedly caused this debate to happen, utilizes undocumented workers.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

The disregard for the law, and appeal to irrational emotionalism, is strong in this one.

Can I see your green card pls?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

No doubt there. It has been exploited by the ultra-wealthy for as long back as I can remember.

And I do have a problem with them and do blame them for giving these incentives (anchor babies, welfare, etc. all so they can get cheap labor that's essentially funded for by the government for their corporations).

I don't blame illegals for wanting a better life for themselves and who take advantage of our generous system. That's the smart thing for them to do.

And it's the smart thing for us to do to get rid of illegals, shore up the border, and have them go through proper channels of legalization like everyone else.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Agreed.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLegend
So, "let's forgive millions of criminals in the US"?

How do we fix it? Ideals quite literally do not put food on the table. If we shut down the hiring of illegals the agriculture industry is dead. Overnight we will go from a huge food exporter, to being unable to feed our citizens without imports.

If they're here, working, and not committing crimes, I would argue that they're improving our nation and we should keep them. The idea of a criminal is that their behavior is somehow detracting from society but these people aren't detracting from our country. They're paying in far more in taxes than they're taking out, most of them are honest, and they're filling jobs that we need filled.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Word? I guess that since it is against the law- it is morally wrong? Or ethical? Or honorable? Or for goodness sake man isn't I just the nice thing to do? Do we base our whole future on a mere technical flaw? (never mind the the abstract notion of "law" only exist in the metagame of life. We are all existing together in the real!)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

We have 100,000,000 unemployed + "out of workforce" working age American people.

It's not that nobody wants to do the jobs these illegal workers are doing, it's that companies are given the choice between paying for either legal citizen higher wages + benefits + insurance costs etc. VS paying illegals WAY less. And businesses even have an incentive to hire illegal workers thanks to Obamacare.

If there were no illegals, companies would have no choice, and would hire legal citizens to fill those positions.
It means more jobs for (legal) Americans, and you would still get the labor needed.

There's so many legal 16-25 year old, fit healthy guys, who don't have any job right now and who could do these manual labor tasks. My dad's generation use to be working at age 13 mowing lawns and then at age 16 doing those kinds of manual tasks.

The illegals who do work and don't commit crime still drive down labor costs and are taking a job from an American who'd otherwise be doing it.

I don't blame the players (illegals), I blame the game (corporate America).

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

So it's jobs now is it?? Not justice? Is jobstice as well?
So you are also telling them to go back to their country and go through everything, pay all the fines, fees and whatever with the expectation that they will succeed? Wouldn't we have the same problem??? They would be here still, just in the future in your mind. You do realize if we mass deport them, well, we come off as the bad guys?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

Ok, putting aside the fact it's a law.

Us having some selfishness can be a good thing - for everyone.

Let's say you make net gain of +$100 a day and have a home. You then give shelter to a poor family inside your house, but now you are -$10 a day in debt. Now both you and the less fortunate family have no place to go except down. This is what's happening to our system.

Let's say you make +$100 a day, but for 2 weeks you save your money and invest so now you are making +$150 a day.
Now you can afford to take care of that family and still have $ to invest and keep growing.

This is what we, as a nation need to do. Get our # together and then worry about the # of other peoples. We can be much more effective that way.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

If they weren't deported then the government is saying it's fine that they're here. That's essentially legal status, so what's the problem? They're here working and contributing.

....so they came here...illegally...made no effort to become legal...and then get made an automatic citizen for doing it....

Can I commit a felony, then get it forgiven and basically a free pass and rewarded for it? I'm all ears...

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I Think, and this is just a guess, that we, as one of the most successful civilization ever to exist, can handle a immigration issue. To say we don't have it together... that's just wrong. We have the whole foundation of history as our pillar. And the future civilizations will use us in their teaching. Nothing lasts forever, but I think we have just begun in making history.

So what say you? Join me friend? Smell the daffodils and welcome the new-ness of it all!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well, the 13th amendment allows for slavery in America still in the case of a crime.

What about all those people who default on their student loans?

Could the feds arrest all these people, and "put them to work" to pay off their student loans?

I just had this thought...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join