It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prominant Iowa Conservative Talk Show Host: Wants To Make Illegal Aliens SLAVES!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

If they weren't deported then the government is saying it's fine that they're here. That's essentially legal status, so what's the problem? They're here working and contributing.

....so they came here...illegally...made no effort to become legal...and then get made an automatic citizen for doing it....

Can I commit a felony, then get it forgiven and basically a free pass and rewarded for it? I'm all ears...

Well the right does say that we are a Christian country... isn't what they preach? Forgiveness? Of course I don't hear the right preaching that.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Or using the Sedition and Patriot Acts to arrest many of us for what we post here and then put us in Gulags... I mean Reeducation camps... I mean a plantation... I mean legal indentured servitude...

edit on 8/22/15 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: muse7

No, there are people here saying he should be fired, be punished for what he said.

Not very "free-speechy" if you ask me.

You seem to be operating under a misunderstanding...

Free speech protects you from the government.

Calling on his employer to get rid of him for his speech is just as much free speech as his. It is a two-edged sword.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

It won't resemble "slavery" as we've seen it in the past.

People will probably live in little pod-like bunks, in factory complexes. They'll be doing skilled labor jobs for 12 hours a day, making a pittance for an hourly wage. They'll be fed, clothed, and looked after -- but they won't be able to leave or have access to any kind of internet or TV.

Every time they get a poor performance evaluation, more $$$ will be added to their debt and their stay extended. Wore out your shoes to early? That'll cost you. Didn't finish your food? That's a waste and will cost you. Get sick and need medical care? That'll cost you.

It'll then become nearly impossible for these indentured servants to ever pay off their debt and "buy" their freedom back. All the while, happy and upbeat propaganda training videos will be on repeat 24/7 about "paying your debt off and achieving freedom!"

Hell, by the time this happens jobs may be in such short supply people might not really mind becoming indentured servants, especially if they add a "path to full time, freeman employee!" -- basically after you "pay back your debt" (virtually impossible) you can apply for a real employee position! Yay!

Meanwhile, the well-off and rich won't really have any idea what these people go through. Hell, they're already living in a different reality as it is now. They'll start seeing indentured servants as a lower class of people, less human and less deserving of civil liberties.

It's a dark future we're hurtling towards. Dark indeed.

Where are the aliens when we need them to show up and usher in a Human golden age?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Oh, you mean a return to things like this.

Owing your ass to the company store?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
We forgive millions of criminals in our system every year by granting them parole even after committing some horrible crimes. So why can't we grant these people a way to legally work in the United States?

Make them go to the back of the line, make them pay a fine, taxes, and application fees, run extensive background checks and biometrics on all of them..if they have a criminal history here or in their home country then they get instantly deported.

Implement a nationwide E-Verify program, and make it easier for agricultural and seasonal workers to obtain work permits to legally enter and work in the U.S.

The claim that U.S Citizens are lining up to work in farms or fields is a lie.

Last fall Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley signed a tough law combating illegal immigration, which prompted undocumented workers to flee the state. Few locals will perform the grueling work of picking crops, and farmers stuck in a agricultural system built on illegal labor are struggling to find replacements before their produce rots.

Alabama’s situation is not unique. Georgia passed a similar immigration law in 2011. When undocumented workers fled, farmers lost around 40% of their workers and $140 million worth of blueberries, melons, onions, and other crops due to labor shortages. This year Georgia farmers again fear they will be short on workers to pick the crops, and many have scaled back production or stopped planting altogether.

Many farmers want to hire local workers, but it is increasingly difficult to find U.S. natives with the proper skills. Few are willing or able to perform the physically taxing and low paying labor which requires them to move with the crops, even with wages of $15-$20 an hour. Georgia recently experimented with creating a program that allowed parolees to work as farm laborers, but it was unsuccessful when they wouldn’t — or couldn’t — endure the grueling days.

Link
edit on 22-8-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLegend
a reply to: Aazadan

We have 100,000,000 unemployed + "out of workforce" working age American people.

It's not that nobody wants to do the jobs these illegal workers are doing, it's that companies are given the choice between paying for either legal citizen higher wages + benefits + insurance costs etc. VS paying illegals WAY less. And businesses even have an incentive to hire illegal workers thanks to Obamacare.

No, no one wants these jobs. They pay minimum wage if that and are extremely hard work. Paying $20/hour does not get actual citizens into the fields. When Georgia tried, they couldn't hire Americans at any price to actually do the work, it has nothing to do with insurance or tax costs and everything to do with the fact that it's some of the most unpleasant work available. Why would someone work the fields when they can work McDonalds or Walmart? Both are low skill, low wage positions, but one is drastically less unpleasant than the other.

If there were no illegals, companies would have no choice, and would hire legal citizens to fill those positions.
It means more jobs for (legal) Americans, and you would still get the labor needed.

It would never happen, estimates are entry level field workers would need to make $25/hour and that's the low end. It could be as high as $40 per hour. No one is going to tolerate the cost in food that is going to bring about. Food prices would quadruple overnight, who would pay $30 for a pound of ham? That's what's going to happen if we hire legal Americans, because those are the wages that are going to be necessary to attract enough workers.

There's so many legal 16-25 year old, fit healthy guys, who don't have any job right now and who could do these manual labor tasks. My dad's generation use to be working at age 13 mowing lawns and then at age 16 doing those kinds of manual tasks.

They have school to attend. These jobs start at dawn, and involve working in the fields all day long, that means no attending school so it's not even an option until someone has finished HS. Even then, the rallying cry in opposition to jobs like McDonalds is that they're meant for teenagers and not supporting a family. How then do you propose 25 year olds work jobs that pay an even lower wage? Again, we're left with the option that food prices need to go way, way up to accommodate.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry
....so they came here...illegally...made no effort to become legal...and then get made an automatic citizen for doing it....

Can I commit a felony, then get it forgiven and basically a free pass and rewarded for it? I'm all ears...

I would be fine with that if your felony is beneficial rather than detrimental to society. They're here working, obeying domestic laws, and reducing tax burdens. I see nothing wrong with most of them, clearly the government agrees with me because if your anecdote is accurate they would have been deported if they were actually causing problems.

To be perfectly honest, as hard a truth as it is to accept our nation would grind to a halt without them. There are huge issues of national security involved in getting rid of the illegals, because they're the ones who make it possible for us to put food on the table.
edit on 22-8-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Yep, and if Walker gets the GOP nomination, he'll go on a union-busting spree nationwide, convincing us all that the company knows best.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

he's got none, the best punishment for him would be to live like them in the same conditions! Thing is, people today are all bravado an bull# until they get out of their caves and experience the same things others run from...

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Edit: nvm, you don't know me and I don't care to explain.
edit on 8/22/2015 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Estimates vary, but illegal immigrants cost the taxpayer up to $100,000,000,000 annually. Arizona's State Treasurer said illegals costed their state alone $2,500,000,000 in 2010.

So corporations pay these workers sh*t and then we're forced to cover the rest of their care through federal taxes. It's a scam that only benefits the wealthy who employ hundreds-thousands of these people.

There's 2 diff solutions to the cost of "dirty" commodities rising should you deport all illegals. I'll just mention one with many benefits.

Farmers (or any "dirty" field) will be subsidized using some of the $100B being saved annually.
This would 1) employ American citizens instead of illegal aliens 2) provide these citizens with living wages (thus attracting people to the jobs - like we did just fine for 150 years btw) 3) strengthen our economy by keeping more of our money in circulation in the United States (as illegals will no longer be sending a portion of their income away overseas) and 4) keep your grocery bill steady. Let's say an illegal is doing a farmhand's job for $20, but we need to subsidize it another $15 in order for a legal citizen to have incentive for the grueling position ($35 total, $15 being subsidized). Well after deporting illegals who are costing our system billions a year, it would be quite easy to do, and the commodity price + your taxes won't be affected at all. The farmer is paying out the same $20 to his worker and has no reason to raise his produce prices. And he's not going to have a shortage of young applicants.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLegend

Estimates vary, but illegal immigrants cost the taxpayer up to $100,000,000,000 annually.

100 Billion dollars a year?

source please??

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Had to go thru my search history.
abcnews.go.com...

The top rated comment on that article is pretty good btw.

I am a Hispanic also, an I was not born in this country, but when I came, I did so the legal way and when I become an American, I became an American and nothing but an American. The problem here is that the Hispanic media and the pro illegal immigration advocates, want to make this fight, a fight against immigrants and it is not, it is a fight against illegal immigrants only. The Hispanic media and the pro illegal immigration advocates, counting some of the American media also, like to use the fear in the Hispanic community, specially those with no much education, to use and inflate the numbers to their favor. I listen to Univision and they play the fear card way to often. This fight is simple, if we waited in a real line for a visa to come in the US legally, those who do not want to wait and instead, break our laws to come in any way, do not have my sympathy and I don&apost want my taxes to pay for their needs here.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Relevant fact check on the numbers cited by FAIR.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Ok not trying to go off topic here and I don't know if this had been brought up before in another thread, but do you think the Donald is in fact trolling the Republicans??.. I mean c'mon conspiracy theorist , is he in fact a Hillary Plant hell bent on making any Republican unelectable for the next 10 election cycle, I know the radio guy said what he said in support of the Donald but that's just the point, to inspire loathing of the Reps...I feel in my gut Bernie ain't got time for games like that but the Clintons?? .. however Dems may just not be that mean nor clever.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Radio personalities have been known to talk big to get attention, for example, this guy, I haven't heard of him until now.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Venturing slightly OT for a single post... I think Donald probably started running as a publicity stunt. But I think the response roped him in. He's a creature of ego and I'm sure, at this point, he's very serious.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

From what I've anecdotally experienced, it seems that each region has it's own "Rush Jr" sort of figure. Here in the South it's Boortz.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: Spider879

Venturing slightly OT for a single post... I think Donald probably started running as a publicity stunt. But I think the response roped him in. He's a creature of ego and I'm sure, at this point, he's very serious.

Yeah ah suppose you are right.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join