It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prominant Iowa Conservative Talk Show Host: Wants To Make Illegal Aliens SLAVES!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm so sick of the stupidity and lack of common sense that comes with this issue. For those of you who defend illegals, their illegal existence here, their sponging off of our economy and what seems to be preferential treatment to natural born citizens I say " I dare you to try to immigrate to another country and if, IF they let you in do think you will get 7 years of tax exempt status or a grant to start a business?"

Ill give you the answer NO NO you will not receive any of that yet we give out those very same things to immigrants who come here legally and file the motions. So I will say those are perks afforded to some of those that did it the right way but still that is messed up and definitive of the real problem. We do not care about natural born citizens anymore, we have become to soft and "noble" we want to help everyone even though we can barely afford to help ourselves as if we even cared in the first place.

Let an illegal get caught selling a dime bag, what happens to him? He gets a free ride home and gets to try again. I get caught doing the same thing I am hauled off to jail to potentially have my life and reputation ruined. See the problem yet or why people are so upset?
edit on CDTSat, 22 Aug 2015 09:02:43 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Sat, 22 Aug 2015 09:02:43 -050002 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

Do you really believe that undocumented immigrants are getting grants and tax exemptions?

Your anger issues, I'm afraid, are impotent as they are based upon false beliefs.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
So much hyperbole in this thread it's unbelievable.

Apparently, if one does not favour the idea of committing crimes against humanity (read: slave making) then that somehow equates to one being in full favour of illegal immigrants, in every way.

[insert slap forehead here]

Hoo boy... the grasping at straws to win an argument is relentlessly neverending around this place.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Illegals typically try to stay off the radar they generally avoid paper work that can lead to questions and hence the get paid under the table or off the books, they are there to make money even if it's below what a legal or citizen makes,their biggest fear is deportation where many are dependant on remittance in their countries of origins.
edit on 22-8-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Do you really believe that undocumented immigrants are getting grants and tax exemptions?

Your anger issues, I'm afraid, are impotent as they are based upon false beliefs.

Heff I like a lot of your posts and you seem like a generally decent dude so to you I will be nice but reread my post. I state in it that it is in fact immigrants who come the legal way that get those benefits which I believe is still unfair to natural born citizens.

Note to add: I think part of my frustration and anger with this issue is not necessarily the issue itself but instead that my words so often seem to be misunderstood, misinterpreted, misquoted and on and on and on. People either do not read all the way through or understand what they are reading. I'm tired of repeating myself to people who seem to have very poor reading comprehension. Hopefully that clears up any confusion as to where my angst comes from, honestly I don't really care that much to be straight up. I'm pretty care free and ready to die nor scared of it so if the world went to hell in a hand basket I'd not only not have a problem with that I would welcome it. In the meantime I'm just going to try to make as much money and have as much fun as I can and if I can manage to help a few people along the way then cool.

edit on CDTSat, 22 Aug 2015 09:35:44 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Sat, 22 Aug 2015 09:35:44 -050035 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

On that front we can agree. I also think it's unfair for legal immigrants to get special considerations that naturally born citizens do not. Particularly so seeing that the nature of legal immigration has changed so much since the days of Ellis Island.

We are no longer welcoming the huddled masses, as it were. We're welcoming the software engineers, doctors, lawyers and trained professionals who really do not need a leg-up.

This I find frustrating in many ways... Our history as a nation is filled with tales of immigrants who legally came, with nothing... and who innovated so many amazing things. That seems mostly lost these days - along with the dying American dream that we're being held away from as well.

The thing is, here in Georgia, it seems that the poultry industry is what makes the news whenever an ICE raid happens... and I don't look at the chicken processors as the problem. To me they're just people working a bad job for bad wages - something I've done a lot over the years. When I walk into the grocery store and literally gasp at the price of meat? I don't think of those folks as being to blame. I think of the corporations that are arrogantly bragging about their record profits during a period where most of us are fighting just to eat and keep a home.

I do understand the anger... I just disagree at who is deserving of it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess

originally posted by: Hefficide

Heff I like a lot of your posts and you seem like a generally decent dude so to you I will be nice but reread my post. I state in it that it is in fact immigrants who come the legal way that get those benefits which I believe is still unfair to natural born citizens.

How so,legal non citizens work and pay taxes, they can be drafted if needs be, they may not vote or hold certain jobs in the military, and once they become a citizen then all options are open except the office of president of the United States.
Except for Ted Cruz.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Dude seriously you are part of what I'm talking about getting upset with, no disrespect but reread my post. It is specifically about how immigrants that come over here the legal way and go through the hoops and pay whatever fees basically get 7 years of tax free status and in some cases grant money to start a business.

Those are both a hell of leg up that we natural born citizens do get and WE WERE BORN HERE. Expain to me how those two very specific perks are cool with you. Please I'm listening...

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Dude seriously you are part of what I'm talking about getting upset with, no disrespect but reread my post. It is specifically about how immigrants that come over here the legal way and go through the hoops and pay whatever fees basically get 7 years of tax free status and in some cases grant money to start a business.

Those are both a hell of leg up that we natural born citizens do get and WE WERE BORN HERE. Expain to me how those two very specific perks are cool with you. Please I'm listening...

That maybe true but I can't think of a single immigrant that had those perks, maybe some rich guy who the govt want to set up shop in the U.S get those perks but the kind of low end cab driver legals ..sorry haven't seen it, keep in mind I hailed from such a community.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

That maybe true but I can't think of a single immigrant that had those perks, maybe some rich guy who the govt want to set up shop in the U.S get those perks but the kind of low end cab driver legals ..sorry haven't seen it, keep in mind I hailed from such a community.

Look to any of your local gas stations that are not mega corporate owned. Notice any similarities, yeah those guys

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Look to any of your local gas stations that are not mega corporate owned. Notice any similarities, yeah those guys

Hmm! not combatting you on this but it seemed the Gov't do take a chunk out of them for setting up shop, but still the optics are bad in this case, if they can bribe the Gov't then we all should be able to

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Hmm! not combatting you on this but it seemed the Gov't do take a chunk out of them for setting up shop, but still the optics are bad in this case, if they can bribe the Gov't then we all should be able to

Agreed and further more I miss the days (pre gps) when I could actually stop in a gas station and ask the young stoner/slacker kid for directions if I were lost and he lived their most of his life and was glad to help. Now if your GPS goes down you get a blank stare and a head shake followed by "we have maps, you buy map" NO I DON'T WANT TO BUY A MAP!!! Why can't you do what a natural born citizen would be able and willing to do and show some compassion and point me in the right direction.
edit on CDTSat, 22 Aug 2015 10:17:09 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Sat, 22 Aug 2015 10:17:09 -050017 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Well that's a stupid thing to worry about.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

Maybe it is but I personally feel like if your going to immigrate to this or any country then you should take the time to learn the language and perhaps familiarize yourself with the locals and local area. Most of those guys make no effort to do so. I mean come on you haven't noticed the surly attitude that a lot of those guys exude? Don't get me wrong their are some who are very upbeat and nice but in my experience the majority have a nasty attitude with us locals.

Another thing I bet you didn't know, that a lot of the owners of business's like that only hire their own and are slumlords. They pay for people to come over here and give them a job taking away from that American born kid who may need work and put those employees up in low income areas. A lot of the employees you will see at the same place for a very long time with no lateral movement. But hey that is the American dream ain't it bud?

I guess you feel better about it because at least they are being pimped out by one of their own.
edit on CDTSat, 22 Aug 2015 10:54:28 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Sat, 22 Aug 2015 10:54:28 -050054 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I wouldn't necessarily call him an icon but what he says is pretty reprehensible...and a few of the Republican candidates did stop by his show afterwards (not that day) and give interviews. They probably should have skipped the show or called the guy out on it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLegend

You're missing that illegals also pay taxes into the system, that greatly offsets the costs of them being here. There's a good summary earlier in this thread showing they generate a few hundred million per year above and beyond any costs they may bring.

Also, subsidizing wages isn't a solution, because that means you're getting taxed on those wages, paying $30 for a pound of ham or paying $10 for it while paying an additional $20 in taxes that day is the exact same thing.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

If they weren't deported then the government is saying it's fine that they're here. That's essentially legal status, so what's the problem? They're here working and contributing.

....so they came here...illegally...made no effort to become legal...and then get made an automatic citizen for doing it....

Can I commit a felony, then get it forgiven and basically a free pass and rewarded for it? I'm all ears...

Well the right does say that we are a Christian country... isn't what they preach? Forgiveness? Of course I don't hear the right preaching that.

Forgiveness doesn't mean that there are no consequences....breaking the law...is breaking the law. There is no two ways around it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry
....so they came here...illegally...made no effort to become legal...and then get made an automatic citizen for doing it....

Can I commit a felony, then get it forgiven and basically a free pass and rewarded for it? I'm all ears...

I would be fine with that if your felony is beneficial rather than detrimental to society. They're here working, obeying domestic laws, and reducing tax burdens. I see nothing wrong with most of them, clearly the government agrees with me because if your anecdote is accurate they would have been deported if they were actually causing problems.

To be perfectly honest, as hard a truth as it is to accept our nation would grind to a halt without them. There are huge issues of national security involved in getting rid of the illegals, because they're the ones who make it possible for us to put food on the table.

The benefits could still be had with work visas. Again, I don't have a problem with immigration, when done under the laws that are in place.
edit on 22-8-2015 by BlackboxInquiry because: (left the letter "i" out of the word "still"

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You're missing that illegals also pay taxes into the system, that greatly offsets the costs of them being here.

We can get the real audited numbers somewhere right?

Assuming somebody actually knows how many people are really involved.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLegend

And I dont care you dont care.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join