It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prominant Iowa Conservative Talk Show Host: Wants To Make Illegal Aliens SLAVES!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Surprisingly, you get much better work out of people if they're trying to buy food for their children than if you're beating and whipping them.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If an uneducated person who can't speak English can take your job -- you might want to think about how valuable your job is.

It's not like we're hearing, "Did you see that Dr. Bob went out of business? All these illegal immigrant doctors are opening up clinics.." Or, "Dang, Bill lost is job as a petroleum engineer to some illegal immigrant..."

I thought conservatives were all about the value of a job -- and how since there's very few people can be CEO's then it's OK to pay them 500 times more than their lowest employee?

It sounds to me like the jobs that aren't worth much are being taken, so the people who are loosing these jobs need to go to school or better themselves in order to make more money and find better jobs.

Wait, what's that? There are only so many specialized and technical jobs that pay well?

Ah ha! I thought so -- that's the kicker...
edit on 21-8-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

Love the Sarcasm, and didn't say I think it should be forever, or that Taxes are not a requirement for a government.
But, everyone sees the graft, and theft of American Taxes by our Over sized and now BIG BROTHER Government.
I Pay Property Taxes, very Willingly. I am Taxed at every move I make here in America. State gets you and our Behemoth Federal Government Screws you too. Income Tax is a Tax ON THE POOR. If I was rich, CPAs would find me all the loop holes I need to "Knock my tax down". I would not be taxed as much and you know it. But being less affluent, I have to take the brunt of the Tax burden. I used to think of myself as Middle Class, but have come to the hard realization that MY HARD WORK has not paid off for anyone but a greedy Taxing System that milks me for every Nickle and Dime. ( Read the book, Nickled and Dimed to Death.)

Our System is Broke ADMIT IT.
It is falling apart at the seams. Look here or the News and read how the borders are now Drug Cartel Outposts. OR GO SEE IT FOR YOURSELF. I don't feel My Tax Dollars have kept our borders sovereign, or made it safe for me to travel the world making all the enemies we have now.
If everyone DID withhold payment for just ONE YEAR. CONGRESS WOULD LISTEN.
What is your answer?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Honestly, I'm reading this as someone who is sick and tired of illegal immigrants.

America is SO screwed in it's approach, it's not even funny.

No official language. Who cares, we'll pay for a translator. Need it in writing? We'll pay to have it translated in written form in your specific dialect. All paid for by the american tax payer.

Did you know that in Sweden, if you wish to get a work permit but are not fluent in Swedish, you have to take a 2 year immersive language course?

I have a daughter in the UK. Her mother kidnapped her at 8 months and took her back to the UK where her mother is from. Think I as the parent of a UK citizen have any special rights with regards to citizenship or work permits? Nope. They have too many americans already.

So, illegal immigrants...sorry, but they're ILLEGAL. They broke OUR LAWS coming here. When I was a kid growing up, I was expected to ALWAYS follow the rules of the home wherever I was visiting (friends, neighbors, etc). Why is this such an obtuse thing to understand?

Born here as an anchor baby? Nope. Get out. Your parents violated the law, and came here under false pretenses.

Don't like being called an ILLEGAL ALIEN? Tough. Go back to your country and come here THE LEGAL WAY.

Sure, slavery is an over the top reaction. But I understand the frustration.

And I am just as frustrated with the millennials who refuse to understand that these people broke OUR LAWS. That if they broke the same laws in another country, they themselves would be ILLEGAL ALIENS as well.

edit on 21-8-2015 by nullafides because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Nice rant, but many people came to this country (illegally), spoke a different language and took jobs that contributed to the nations economy.

That is how we have done things since the inception of this country. It's a very good chance that your parents came here from a different country, illegally, and they probably worked out just fine.

Yes, we are a nation of laws but the immigration laws have been the most violated law that we turn a blind eye to because that is what makes us different than the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry
a reply to: Aazadan

I've heard people in my neighborhood talk about it openly and at length (they don't think I can understand Spanish)...cash aid and food stamps, they've even bragged openly about being put on the the section 8 list.

I've lived in the same place for over 10 years...and they have been getting this since they moved in, more than 5 years ago.

6 month cut off? They've obviously found to skirt the system. If they've done it, I'm all but certain more than just them know how to do this.

So, how do we fix this? Just because the price stamped on the produce or whatever the 'under the table' or 'cheap laborers' looks cheap, it's far more expensive just with the aid alone. Not to mention other tax-related benefits they've also given when putting nothing into the system. It's not a small number of people....it adds up quick.

Most likely they're getting cash aid because they have dependents, the welfare system in the US is mainly designed with the philosophy that we want children to have food and shelter. Cash aid is also seriously restricted, it's something like $125 per month, on top of the $100 they'll give you for food.

You mention they've been there for 5 years and you just see them around the neighborhood? That sounds to me like you have no idea what documentation they've provided. When you say you've seen it first hand you imply you've sat there in the office and seen what they give. You haven't, you're merely projecting your suspicions. Are you certain they're even illegal? If you are, why haven't they been deported? You've done your part and turned them in, right?

Also, do you know what else adds up quick? Food rotting in the fields that never makes it to market like what happened in Georgia and Florida when they tried to do something. It took just a couple months to nearly bankrupt their entire agriculture industry.

They talk about so openly, so often, yes, they provided very little documentation (out of their own mouths). They share with other people that they've done it and brag, openly, no whispers or hushed tones here. I also know they do have dependents, and I have people I *personally know* who work in the welfare offices here, who work on eligibility, so I've asked about it to someone who *works there*, and yes, I've turned them in. I had bounced my concerns and questions off of them before turning them in. Nothing has been done to date - I doubt it would take 5 years to get someone deported, so what gives?

One, I spoke with *personally* after helping him when had broken down on the side of the road, turns out he was from the neighborhood. He admitted to me, in person, he's not here with proper paperwork.

It's not a cut and dry issue as far as a solution, but immigration is the heart of the U.S.A., but it still needs to be done *within the law*. Issue work visas or the like - help move towards a solution and not tie things up in frivolous lawsuits and arguments.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

And what a fine mess were in.

I hope you enjoy it. I for one do not.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide
I agree, lets go see him round some up, by himself.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

And what a fine mess were in.

I hope you enjoy it. I for one do not.

Our country is not having problems due to illegal aliens. We have problems because of bad policy, bad representation and a weak, spineless populace.

Blaming illegals is not addressing the real issues and it's only a smokescreen to keep people oblivious to what's really going on.

It's politics. People are falling for the propaganda and it's disgusting that free-thought is so rare.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

He could have said we will create work for them and pay them minimum wage and if they refuse we will stop giving them benefits, and I don't think anyone would disagree with that plan.

Or even try and jail them and have them work their sentences on chain gangs - but he specifically said they should become the PROPERTY of the state....so chattle slavery

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Vile and reprehensible.

Thinking he's just become a pariah and won't be getting those hot ticket interviews anymore. And if he doesn't and if he still does? Well...the truth always comes out.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Or hell has long as we are inventing new things that he could've said- Might has well say he said "that we should get along with illegal immigrants and live together peacefully and in harmony. We could create a utopia of love and forgiveness and understanding. You can spend eternity with pink unicorns end fluffy dinosaurs. Until, at least, the fires of hell consume the universe and we are tortured for eternity."
edit on 21-8-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Wow,

Any other labels you'd like to throw?

And, thank you ever so kindly, but, I won't be taking *your opinion* on the matter.

You break a law, you receive the prescribed punishment. Our problem is bleeding hearts who refuse to acknowledge that in order to live together, WE NEED LAWS and the LAWS NEED TO BE OBEYED.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I wonder how long this guy's career is going to last. Anywho, if it came to rounding them up, I don't think he'd be doing much of the work. That's what lackeys are for.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Shoving PC on everyone sucks, but what sucks the most is the ability to actually not being able to use a brain and be rational, what if it was him on the other side of the barricade? what if he had a family to sustain, and lived in a country where cockroaches party under his feet? some people actually move to another country and live out of benefits and crime, but what about the other people who actually have no other choice? It's easy to come out in the radio and be a badass, but you know..

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
If this law passes, and by God the South-of-Iowa shall rise again to make sure it does, then I will move to Des Moines, buy a plantation, put them to work in the fields, get myself a few illegals to work in the Big House (cook, butler, footman, nanny, and a guy to do windows), and sit on the porch to hear them sing happy songs about some chariot swinging low, or following the northern star or whatnot. Mammy, where's my slow gin tonic, be snappy now or it's back to the fields for you. Thank ya kindly.

You sound as if you're speaking of other Human Beings as your property? What is it exactly about White Republicans that always brings out the worst in Humanity?

Even assuming your delusional plan came to fruition, you do realize that these illegals can leave at any time, effectively torpedoing your sick little fantasy, right? Or are you too far gone to understand that slavery has actually ended but still want to pretend you live in a world where you can treat others as your personal property?

Really, what the hell is wrong with you?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
If they did do this. A lot of bad businesses would use them. You would get low quality goods. Like China did. They give good quality now. for so called Americans they would be No jobs! And how long till Americans end up as slaves? Think about that, it you go to jail you could end up as a slave. Or if you are in det! As long as they don't use blacks as slaves it would be ok!

edit on 21-8-2015 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Illegals are already slaves. Except for illegal Canadians of course.

Lets see,... typically (but not in every case),...

1 - They are treated as lessers by the common citizens
2 - They typically work for cash
3 - Work jobs that generally citizens cant be bothered with
4 - Cant get insurance (unless a state mandates auto insurance, auto only)
5 - Don't get employment benefits
6 - Do not receive any government issued benefits
7 - Run the risk of deportation at any given moment
8 - Do not receive the same legal rights benefited to citizens
9 - They do have minimal emergency healthcare available - but most citizens whine about that
10 - They live a standard of living and in homes many citizens wouldn't accept as tolerable

Ya know, and I am being real here and not delicate but wish to be sensitive to all races, ...

If they were black and in the 1600s, 1700s, 1800s, and a good portion of the 1900s, they would be treated the same as the Hispanics are now in America.

AND SOMEBODY WANTS TO MAKE IT WORSE FOR THEM ??!!

Rediculous.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
Illegals are already slaves. Except for illegal Canadians of course.

Lets see,... typically (but not in every case),...

1 - They are treated as lessers by the common citizens
2 - They typically work for cash
3 - Work jobs that generally citizens cant be bothered with
4 - Cant get insurance (unless a state mandates auto insurance, auto only)
5 - Don't get employment benefits
6 - Do not receive any government issued benefits
7 - Run the risk of deportation at any given moment
8 - Do not receive the same legal rights benefited to citizens
9 - They do have minimal emergency healthcare available - but most citizens whine about that
10 - They live a standard of living and in homes many citizens wouldn't accept as tolerable

Ya know, and I am being real here and not delicate but wish to be sensitive to all races, ...

If they were black and in the 1600s, 1700s, 1800s, and a good portion of the 1900s, they would be treated the same as the Hispanics are now in America.

AND SOMEBODY WANTS TO MAKE IT WORSE FOR THEM ??!!

Rediculous.

In all fairness,

They came HERE with purpose and by CHOICE.

Right?
edit on 21-8-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

What's he's proposing for illegals is still better than how Israel treats its Palestinian population and nobody in MSM is ever in an uproar about that.

His solution sounds good except for the fact we don't have enough jobs to give these people. We don't even have enough jobs for legal citizens. By a long shot. And taxpayer money would still be used to pay them for their (forced) labor.

There's literally nothing you can do with them that's beneficial to the nation at this time except put a freeze on their flowing through the borders and get the illegals out.

There are hospitals in San Diego that deal with 9/10 births being anchor baby births. It is an epidemic in some regions.

So I think this guy's idea is just an idea, but not one that would actually fix any problems - regardless of its ethics.
edit on 8/21/2015 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join