It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prominant Iowa Conservative Talk Show Host: Wants To Make Illegal Aliens SLAVES!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I've heard people in my neighborhood talk about it openly and at length (they don't think I can understand Spanish)...cash aid and food stamps, they've even bragged openly about being put on the the section 8 list.

I've lived in the same place for over 10 years...and they have been getting this since they moved in, more than 5 years ago.

6 month cut off? They've obviously found to skirt the system. If they've done it, I'm all but certain more than just them know how to do this.

So, how do we fix this? Just because the price stamped on the produce or whatever the 'under the table' or 'cheap laborers' looks cheap, it's far more expensive just with the aid alone. Not to mention other tax-related benefits they've also given when putting nothing into the system. It's not a small number of people....it adds up quick.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

OH well go cry about it, welcome to America.

You're the one that's crying about it, not me.

As posted earlier, I stand by the inscription on the Statue of Liberty:

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

You're the one all for enslaving undocumented immigrants. Not very American, if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

OH well go cry about it, welcome to America.

You're the one that's crying about it, not me.

As posted earlier, I stand by the inscription on the Statue of Liberty:

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

You're the one all for enslaving undocumented immigrants. Not very American, if you ask me.

Again I never said enslave but thank you for misinterpreting me again and again and again. What we have now has to stop, the abuse of our lax immigration laws needs to stop. I have friends from all walks of life and ethnicities including hispanic and guess what, their families came here the right way and payed their dues.

Me thinks you are perhaps too close to this issue, may I ask were you born here?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry

I've heard people in my neighborhood talk about it openly and at length (they don't think I can understand Spanish)...cash aid and food stamps, they've even bragged openly about being put on the the section 8 list.

I've lived in the same place for over 10 years...and they have been getting this since they moved in, more than 5 years ago.

6 month cut off? They've obviously found to skirt the system. If they've done it, I'm all but certain more than just them know how to do this.

So, how do we fix this? Just because the price stamped on the produce or whatever the 'under the table' or 'cheap laborers' looks cheap, it's far more expensive just with the aid alone. Not to mention other tax-related benefits they've also given when putting nothing into the system. It's not a small number of people....it adds up quick.

Most likely they're getting cash aid because they have dependents, the welfare system in the US is mainly designed with the philosophy that we want children to have food and shelter. Cash aid is also seriously restricted, it's something like $125 per month, on top of the $100 they'll give you for food.

You mention they've been there for 5 years and you just see them around the neighborhood? That sounds to me like you have no idea what documentation they've provided. When you say you've seen it first hand you imply you've sat there in the office and seen what they give. You haven't, you're merely projecting your suspicions. Are you certain they're even illegal? If you are, why haven't they been deported? You've done your part and turned them in, right?

Also, do you know what else adds up quick? Food rotting in the fields that never makes it to market like what happened in Georgia and Florida when they tried to do something. It took just a couple months to nearly bankrupt their entire agriculture industry.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Oh the ignorance...

1) Due to welfare reform, legal immigrants are severely restricted from accessing public benefits, and illegal immigrants are even further precluded from anything other than emergency services - they can not collect welfare.

2) Immigrants pay property taxes either via home ownership or rental, sales tax. The only tax they don't pay is income tax, however they are also not entitled to minimum wage. Studies find that immigrant tax payments total $20 to $85 billion more than the amount of government services they use. Source: web.archive.org...://www.fas.org/pub/gen/fcnl/immigra.html

3) The largest wave of immigration to the U.S. since the early 1900s coincided with the lowest national unemployment rate and fastest economic growth. Immigrant entrepreneurs create jobs for U.S. and foreign workers,

Here is a wild idea for all you fine US natural born citizens who think these people shouldn't be in your country. GET MAD AT YOUR GOVERNMENT, They are fighting wars on foreign soil, with the most advanced military in the world, spending more that the next top 5 countries combined on military AND illegals with no money, basic tools and nothing but desperation can cross a desert then enter your country..

A country where they pay tax on everything they buy or own. Where they cant get a legal job so have to settle for illegal wages.Where they are not entitled to any welfare besides emergency treatment. AND EVERYTHING COSTS 15 TIMES WHAT IT DOES IN THEIR COUNTRY.

You say they come there wanting to leech off your country? there is a reason they let them in, they bring benefits to you, not the other way around. You really think the most militarily advanced country in the world cant defend its own border agaist these guys?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yep I'm mad about all that too

OOps clicked the wrong one that was for you byteshirts
edit on CDTFri, 21 Aug 2015 16:52:29 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago21-05:00Fri, 21 Aug 2015 16:52:29 -050052 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Can someone please tell me why this talk show moron still has a job? This is so ridiculously stupid that words fail me.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Can someone please tell me why this talk show moron still has a job? This is so ridiculously stupid that words fail me.

Because he is just saying what his listeners want to hear. They support hate filled rhetoric.

Now if his sponsors bail; he won't last out the week.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Private radio station. He is free to express his views. Just like I am free to express my view that this guy should really find another country to live in.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Macedonia?

Anyone who thinks America has a problem should start looking at Europe.

The problem is the same, though... nobody wants to raise a family in a war zone.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry

I've seen it personally.

Someone who's 'undocumented' can get public assistance, with not much more than their word.

Someone who's a 'citizen' has to provide all the documents like SS#, BC, Proof of address and more.

BS..nothing personal...but you are BSing..

Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits.

Just reality...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm actually gobsmacked.

Things are pretty dire in the UK right now but by god I am so thankful to have not been born an American.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Me thinks you are perhaps too close to this issue, may I ask were you born here?

Nope. You may NOT ask.

What we have now has to stop, the abuse of our lax immigration laws needs to stop.

If you have a problem, I suggest you take it up with the big corporations who profit from undocumented immigrants, the government and its economic policies, it's faux war on drug and its faux war on terror, first, before you point fingers.

edit on 21-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Private radio station. He is free to express his views. Just like I am free to express my view that this guy should really find another country to live in.

Fortunately the country that that idiot wants to live in doesn't exist any more. It died in 1865.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I hate to nitpick, but I believe you misspelled "douchebag" in your thread title.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

I'm not posting to get involved in the debate.

I just want to say that society as a whole appears to be crumbling at an increasing rate on all fronts. The last 10 - 50 years in particular.

What is happening exactly? And, for that matter, why does it seem to be happening at what I consider, a faster pace?

Heff, as you originally posted, I thought this was just something taken out of context and exploited for a particular agenda....sadly, you were right. Your post was completely accurate.

Scary times.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington

I hate to nitpick, but I believe you misspelled "douchebag" in your thread title.

Lol, that is your contribution to this thread?

okee dokee.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Parents of Anchor Children?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I think it can be argued that slavery ALREADY exists. When people dont even make enough money to pay their bills, and slide by from paycheck to paycheck, without any hint of upward mobility, or hope of it in the future, that qualifies as a form of slavery. I heard once that the word "job" stands for "just over broke". When they give you just enough money to make it from this paycheck to the next, but not much more, make no mistake, you are bordering on being a slave.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I have to say it, but Republicans have a problem, they let their crazies loose on an unsuspecting populace and they can't reel them back, for the more extreme the better no matter if what they say make any kind of sense ,I would love to say that's it's just the leadership acting the fool but I no longer believe that, for how else can one explain the rise of the Donald, I never thought anyone could out crazy Cruz and even earlier Palin but is there someone in the wings that can out crazy the Donald?? their media talking heads like Ann Coulter, the entire cast of Fox, Breitbart media and Rush are the main contributors in this, in this atmosphere it is damn near impossible to get a Republican that appears anywhere near sane for their audience demands raw meat.

And before anyone accuse me of being partisan..No! Democratic crazies are kept chained and not allowed to take a crap on the neighbour's lawn or spread rabies.
edit on 21-8-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join