It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: To what extent are disinformation agents active on ATS?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Interesting that the Ops post has us suspecting each other now.

No, its an individuals own posts that make me suspect one way or another, not what others post.

Sorry to butt in, just saying,

I assume its like that for many readers and posters,

They make their own conclusions or create suspicions about certain posters by what that poster has posted, not what a thread title might suggest.

However there is no need for any paid shills anymore concerning any subject, maybe in the earlier days of internet discussion sites,

Nowadays it seems like OtherSideOfTheCoin pointed out, everyone or a high majority of us is quite stubborn in our ways or views on ATS, no need to have shills where simple opposing views and debates will create the perception there are shills running amok on here when in reality there only might be a very few and doing so not as a job but to steer interest towards things that might create revenue for one or another they might have ties to.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 6Taco6Smell6

...Disclosure would mean the gov would have to come clean with their secrets. If the mass population knew all of the shady stuff their trusted leaders do behind their backs and using us like merchandise (especially the Grenada Treaty, letting us be abducted) then the mass population will retreat and our leaders will have their backs against the wall, possibly losing their power.

Now we're getting somewhere... Disinfo, assuming it exists and is active here (remember, the question referred to the extent, and the why of disinformation agency participation, not merely their presence).

Many posters to this thread, albeit much appreciated, are simply validating (or not) the existence of disinformation agents. The assumption is that they are here. The question is FOR WHAT PURPOSE? WHO DO THEY REPRESENT? WHAT DO THEY HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH?

The Grenada Treaty (like the SOM-01 operations manual), is an excellent piece of bait, that, one would assume, would likely attract the attention of Disinfo agencies worldwide. Not because they don’t know about it, but perhaps because they want to know what we know, or maybe just learn HOW we know what we may know, or to discover what we THINK we know, and if we get close to the truth, to start lobbing a few banana peels or peanut butter (smear) into the thread. Maybe they want to find out WHERE we got our information, to then trace to the source and discredit or (sweep) the source/ Hmmm?

Anyway, a bit of Background (pay attention alphabet-soupers):

The Grenada Treaty (or, alternatively, 'Greada' Treaty), discussed on ATS now and then, is the (alleged) agreement between the Greys and the Roosevelt administration signed in July 1934. The Treaty essentially was a deal to gain advanced high technology from the Greys (ostensibly for military purposes) in exchange for consent and acquiescence in the abductions of humans (and animals) by the Greys (ostensibly for ET genetic programs).

Some researchers have insisted that this Grenada Treaty actually originated through a meeting the Eisenhower administration had (with the tall blonde ‘Nordics’) at Edwards AFB (MUROC) in February 1954 (and other ETs later, e.g., 1955 Holloman AFB, N.M.), but digging deeper points to the earlier dates as the more likely catalyst.

Hitler and his Nazi pals are also to have made a similar agreement, though their interests were more specifically for things such as mind control techniques, metallurgy, free energy techniques and medical advancements, among other things. It is thought that the Nazi saucer program and ‘Bell’ devices were developed using some of their traded-for goods. Truman’s Project Paperclip was, in part, an effort to weaken this program, bring some of the scientists and knowledge to the US, and prevent it from falling into the hands of the Soviets (who, it seems, managed to grab some of the mind control/remote viewing stuff in spite of this).

These meetings and in particular, the Grenada Treaty, led to other ‘agreements’, Grenada Treaty “renewals”, and policy changes domestically and abroad. Here at ATS we’ve explored such things as MJ-12, M-16, the MIEC (Military Industrial Extraterrestrial Complex), Dulce, HAARP, the Shadow Government, the JASON Society/Scholars (Alternatives 1-3(4?)), DUMB (Deep Underground Military Bases) housing ET, The Bilderberg Group, The Trilateral Commission, well – the list goes on and on…

Follow the threads:

Are we to believe NONE of these things have any basis in fact? And if the inverse is true, ANY OF IT, then they likely have plenty of funds and resources to ‘activate’ disinfo on sites such as this. Why?

So many intriguing, ‘dark’, and clandestine projects are discussed here (and like-minded sites), that the Disinfo crowd would be very foolish indeed to IGNORE it. And no, they likely are not ‘getting’ anything here they don’t already know. They’re not here to make themselves any smarter -that can’t be their objective. And no, they need not spend hours upon hours of manpower monitoring everything that is spewed about on ATS and elsewhere (spiders and web bots will lead them directly to the juicy morsels with little effort or expenditure).

Instead, they are here, to …WHAT? Lead us astray? Motivate us? Dissuade us? Recruit? Asphyxiate?
Are we being herded toward:

Is there NOTHING to any of this Disinfo agency stuff? Should we NOT care? If none of it is true, then perhaps – we’re wasting our time here. BUT: If ANY of it is true, then, in the word an NGIA acquaintance recently told me, “absofriggenlutely you need to care”!

Knock, Knock. Who’s There? One of many?:

edit on 6/4/2015 by Outrageo because:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Outrageo

---

That's just the main operations centre

what you REALLY want to see is the following:

Aerospace Data Facility-East ---- aka Area-58
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060, USA
38.736648, -77.159549

Click here to google maps location
and make sure you select the SATELLITE view
in the lower-left corner of google maps.

www.google.ca...@38.7364429,-77.1585728,764m/data=!3m1!1e3

Wikilink:
en.wikipedia.org...

This is a data crunching centre for BOTH the air force
and National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) and the
previously mentioned NGIA. It is a HUGE data centre
which has 400,000 square feet (37,161 square metres)
of racks and racks of GPU farms and Blade Servers.

It uses over 25+ Megawatts JUST for the cooling
system --- If the power goes out they had a
15 megawatt Uninterruptible Power Supply
system (UPS) (Natural Gas Fuel Cell?)

That was the last time I was in the area (2008)
but I suspect they may have gone up to
35 to 50+ Megawatts for cooling due to
closer stacking of CPU's/GPU's.

The SHEER AMOUNT of data they
are crunching is ENORMOUS!

edit on 2015/6/4 by StargateSG7 because: sp

edit on 2015/6/4 by StargateSG7 because: sp3

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I absolutely believe that there are disinformation agents on ATS!

The question for me becomes "Am I being paranoid?" I know that I can be paranoid from time to time. Being aware of this fact allows me to manage my paranoia and be less paranoid by applying logic and reason to situation that may cause me to feel paranoid.

So I have to ask myself... Do I simply believe that there are agents of disinformation on ATS because some of the more prominent people on ATS can take very mainstream views on things?.. Yes.

Do I simply believe that there are agents of disinformation on ATS because some of the more prominent people on ATS Have differing views from me?.. A little bit.

Do I simply believe that there are agents of disinformation on ATS because some of the more prominent people on ATS Seems to support mainstream agendas of the 'powers that be'? Absolutely!

Am I just being paranoid or not? A bit of both really...

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter if there are agents of disinformation on ATS so why should I be paranoid about it?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outrageo

These meetings and in particular, the Grenada Treaty, led to other ‘agreements’, Grenada Treaty “renewals”, and policy changes domestically and abroad. Here at ATS we’ve explored such things as MJ-12, M-16, the MIEC (Military Industrial Extraterrestrial Complex), Dulce, HAARP, the Shadow Government, the JASON Society/Scholars (Alternatives 1-3(4?)), DUMB (Deep Underground Military Bases) housing ET, The Bilderberg Group, The Trilateral Commission, well – the list goes on and on…

Are we to believe NONE of these things have any basis in fact? And if the inverse is true, ANY OF IT, then they likely have plenty of funds and resources to ‘activate’ disinfo on sites such as this. Why?

Well, the Bilderbergers and the Trilateral Commission are real. To the extent they are actually up to anything nefarious I'm sure they are ticked pink to be associated with some of that other flapdoodle.

As far as disinfo agents being worried about it people have been talking Bilderberger and Trilateral Commission conspiracy theories for 40 to 50 years. Nobody in power gives a # about it. That's been the punchline to tinfoil hat jokes since the seventies.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

Hey, you got 3D Labs to thank. Their P10 was the first GPU that you could easily program to do major crunching. The Navy ate up every one they could get for sonar, then NSA noticed them. Now it's a graphics and DSP component world.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

No more Cray computers? LOL

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Tryptych

I'm not talking about derailing the conversation with scientific facts but completely irrelevant and different ISSUES altogether.

Obviously conversations do wander off topic from time to time, but you are alleging the use of that as a disinformation tactic. I haven't seen anything in ten years to make me believe that is the case on ATS.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The NSA is mostly utilizing GPU's ( Specifically Nvidia Titan X's ) for their nefarious stuff. Much better suited for the complex math than CPU's are.

I don't recall, off hand the exact ratio's - but the last thing I read was that their system is built on Xeon Skylake 28 cores - two processors per motherboard - each mobo running four Titan X Blacks in SLI. Take that configuration and multiply out by however many thousand they have running on a specialized Unix platform that sees it all as one machine.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

could you for those of us that really have no clue what the difference is, because we are denying ignorance fervently, please, please, please, explain just ONE more time what the major differences [between a conspiracy and a conspiracy theory] are?

I once started a thread about it, which SkepticOverlord personally closed down (very flattering). But a better answer to your specific question is probably to be found in the posts I added to somebody else's thread.

Shall I start using 'All conspiracy theories are false' as my signature, Kat? What do you think?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Disinfo is easy to spot. The want us with our head buried in the 911 rubble, digging for Nazis at the North Pole and UFO's inside area 51.

All the subject matter that is hashed repeatedly over and again form every angle is the disinfo…
Its a safe bet we aren't going to ever get to the bottom of 911 rubble, the North Pole, and inside secret bases to dig for stored aliens.

Safe subjects to constantly revisit, there is no solution. What are you digging for that can't be unearthed?

Another group of obvious naysayers are the religious crowd that have been taught that all manifestations of spirits and aliens are only the Devil.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

It came out few years ago that Israelis started an online shill program.

Then it came out that US started a shill program.

Even new Ukranian government has shills at this point.

Yes they are here. All if them.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outrageo
a reply to: 6Taco6Smell6

Hitler and his Nazi pals are also to have made a similar agreement, though their interests were more specifically for things such as mind control techniques, metallurgy, free energy techniques and medical advancements, among other things. It is thought that the Nazi saucer program and ‘Bell’ devices were developed using some of their traded-for goods. Truman’s Project Paperclip was, in part, an effort to weaken this program, bring some of the scientists and knowledge to the US, and prevent it from falling into the hands of the Soviets (who, it seems, managed to grab some of the mind control/remote viewing stuff in spite of this).

I didn't know the Nazis were behind the design of the Sears camping lantern...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reddaysun
a reply to: htapath

What is a civilian poster?

A person not in the armed services or the police force.
synonyms: noncombatant, nonmilitary person, ordinary citizen, private citizen; informalcivvy

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hey OP:
Your thread works to throw discord, though that cannot be helped, in asking such a question.
Otherwise, though entirely possible, what you suggest, and perhaps even likely, consider carefully how that actually works. Some may "work" at this, while not even knowing they are doing it. The agencies involved with something like this have a history, well=documented, I might add, at utilizing the abilities of people, controlling those gifts and putting them to use, utlizing them, on an as-needed basis, and often without people knowing it. It's what a Manchurian Candidate is. It doesn't mean that person is a zombie, but just that they are unaware and kept that way of certain things.

I should also suggest that living in a universe where "all things are possible," means what you suggest could be quite complicated, and not as simple as your OP suggests, via is there, or is there not. Necessarily, there may be quite a war between members of agencies and agencies, themselves, vis a vis any disclosure information. If what I suggest is true, some "information" agents are even possible, those fighting for disclosure, instead of spreading disinformation. But the idea and content of "disclosure" may be quite different amongst them, for much is in need of disclosing, I believe.

To what extent what you or I suggest herein is utilized, is anyone's guess. That's the whole point. But Kandinsky had an enthralling response to your OP.
tetra
edit on 5-6-2015 by tetra50 because: clarity

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
Hey OP:
Your thread works to throw discord, though that cannot be helped, in asking such a question.
Otherwise, though entirely possible, what you suggest, and perhaps even likely, consider carefully how that actually works. Some may "work" at this, while not even knowing they are doing it. The agencies involved with something like this have a history, well=documented, I might add, at utilizing the abilities of people, controlling those gifts and putting them to use, utlizing them, on an as-needed basis, and often without people knowing it. It's what a Manchurian Candidate is. It doesn't mean that person is a zombie, but just that they are unaware and kept that way of certain things.

To what extent what you or I suggest herein is utilized, is anyone's guess. That's the whole point. But Kandinsky had an enthralling response to your OP.
tetra

I highly recommend you buy Queensrÿche's Operation Mindcrime.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2
I'll check into it, for I certainly understand "mind crime" in general, and have personal experience with it.
Thanks for the recommendation.
tetra

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

It's one of the best concept rock albums ever - right up there with Pink Floyd's "The Wall". I went through about half a dozen cassette copies of it when it first came out. Brilliant stuff if you like rock music.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
a reply to: draknoir2
I'll check into it, for I certainly understand "mind crime" in general, and have personal experience with it.
Thanks for the recommendation.
tetra

It's an amazing album, but listen to it all the way through - lyrics should be right up your alley.

A metal rock-opera of sorts. A personal favorite.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Legman
Oh you can tell the Russian ones... they work 12 hour #s... its like clockwork. Seriously look at when some of them quit posting and start each day.

umm
ahh
and so every other organizationally paid shill is on a random time scheduled?
how would you know?

edit on Friam6b20156America/Chicago49 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join