It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: To what extent are disinformation agents active on ATS?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Thanks so much to you and Hefficide for recommending it…I'll give it a listen later today! I also edited my above post with another paragraph, just for info.
tetra

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: tetra50

It's one of the best concept rock albums ever - right up there with Pink Floyd's "The Wall". I went through about half a dozen cassette copies of it when it first came out. Brilliant stuff if you like rock music.

I think so as well.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hey again, OP: We've, in the past, had some really good threads and exposure about your question posed. Perhaps someone has already posted some of this information, and if they have, I apologize. The following are graphs presented in an older thread, outing this information. The thread is titled: The Conspiracy Theroy is True: Agents Infiltrate Websites Intending to "Manipulate, Deceive…." etc. It can be found in its entirety, here:www.abovetopsecret.com... It is by member dreaming awake. There are interesting graphs posted on the thread, and I suggest a textbook approach revealed for exactly this purpose.

I would also suggest this issue is far more complicated than your thread suggests, and also the issue encompasses the possibility of targeting individuals, and after utilizing people without their awareness, they are used to out information and then marginalized in campaigns designed to impart illnesses such as schizophrenia, and then give the "candidate" that diagnosis, when they are no longer useful, such as Bennewitz with UFOlogy….
tetra

edit on 5-6-2015 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

...I would also suggest this issue is far more complicated than your thread suggests

Noted, thank you. Although, you may recall the first line of the opening paragraph, where I state outright that the premise of the question is "COMPLEX", which I take to be nearly synonymous with "complicated".

I never once inferred or suggested in the slightest that the issue is NOT complicated. Nor do I have any delusions in this regard. From the very lucid responses so far on this thread, yours included, I don't believe there are many here who would suggest this topic to be anything other than quite complicated. The complications, in fact, I suggest, are what makes it an interesting exercise.

p.s. Ditto on "The Wall". Decades later, it still titillates the mind...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm an agent. Just coming back after a long hiatus. Time to hit the ol' grind again.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

originally posted by: tetra50
Hey OP:
Your thread works to throw discord, though that cannot be helped, in asking such a question.
Otherwise, though entirely possible, what you suggest, and perhaps even likely, consider carefully how that actually works. Some may "work" at this, while not even knowing they are doing it. The agencies involved with something like this have a history, well=documented, I might add, at utilizing the abilities of people, controlling those gifts and putting them to use, utlizing them, on an as-needed basis, and often without people knowing it. It's what a Manchurian Candidate is. It doesn't mean that person is a zombie, but just that they are unaware and kept that way of certain things.

To what extent what you or I suggest herein is utilized, is anyone's guess. That's the whole point. But Kandinsky had an enthralling response to your OP.
tetra

I highly recommend you buy Queensrÿche's Operation Mindcrime.

Honestly surprised that I have never heard anything from this album, that I can recall. And I used to be a rather big Queensryche fan.I'll have to look it up as well.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

The NSA is mostly utilizing GPU's ( Specifically Nvidia Titan X's ) for their nefarious stuff. Much better suited for the complex math than CPU's are.

I don't recall, off hand the exact ratio's - but the last thing I read was that their system is built on Xeon Skylake 28 cores - two processors per motherboard - each mobo running four Titan X Blacks in SLI. Take that configuration and multiply out by however many thousand they have running on a specialized Unix platform that sees it all as one machine.

Don't those government nerds know all that stuff will be in some Mexican landfill oozing toxic waste in six months time? No wonder the government spends so much money, they got nerds demanding top end hardware.

At some point those football field sized data farms are going to fit on a postage stamp, they will look silly realizing they could have waited to have them and instead fed the world or something to get unwavering support in the meantime.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Operation Mindcrime

We had a member by that name once. Possibly still do.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Still do as far as I know - really good guy too.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Indeed.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax & Hefficide

Oh, yeah... Operation Mindcrime

Quite the diversity quotient...

edit on 6/5/2015 by Outrageo because:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
a reply to: StargateSG7

Hey, you got 3D Labs to thank. Their P10 was the first GPU that you could easily program to do major crunching. The Navy ate up every one they could get for sonar, then NSA noticed them. Now it's a graphics and DSP component world.

---

I remember 3D Labs --- think I even had one of their graphics cards
when they (the graphics group) were still part and parcel of or associated
with Intergraph UK and Real-3D/Martin Marietta (Now Lockheed Martin!)
Even got to play around with the ultra cool Evans and Sutherland graphics gear
in my younger years. Nowadays my WATCH has more graphics
horsepower than that $50,000 to $250,000 gear of those days!

---

And regarding the NSA's use of Titan GPUs not surprising since
AMD GPU cards are technically Canadian technology (ATI of Toronto)
so NSA has to buy American even though the latest AMD cards
TROUNCE the Titans in terms of Bang for the Buck!

FirePro 9100's with 16 gigs of VRAM are $3000.00 while the
NVIDIA Quadro are 3950.00 and the AMD outperforms based
on my test using 64-bit Floating Point convolution filters of
4096 by 2160 (4k) video frames at 60 FPS 32-bits per pixel for
two hours of video by 25% at least. (SOBEL, High Pass, Low-Pass,
Emboss, Fractal Compress and Encode, etc)

---

BUT....if you want a REAL PERFORMANCE BOOST...we used
something a little more powerful...Basically a custom design
that has EIGHT on-board 8192 by 8192 item 64 bit FP and INTEGER
array processor SIMD chips which ONLY did simple add, subtract,
multiply, INTdiv, FPdiv, NOT, NOT, OR, XOR, BIT SHIFT, BIT SPIN,
BIT REVERSE and a few other OPS but it uses Silicon-on-Sapphire
substrates so we can run the chips at 8 GIGAHERTZ+ at internal
200 degrees Celcius plus+ temperatures.

OH YES! 8 GHZ !!!!!

BLEW EVERYTHING OUT OF THE WATER !!!!!!!!!!

Simple AND CHEAP commercial Ammonia refrigeration at -40 Celcius
and to really make our day...OH yes we actually got DOOM running
on the thing with it handling all the custom ultra realistic textures.

Silicon-on-Sapphire is usually used to make radiation hardened chips
but it also is great for making array processor chips which are nothing
more than glorfied GPU chips that have multiple onboard 8k by 8k buffers
32-bit and 64-bit integer/floating point and SIMD (Single Instruction
Multiple Data) stream processors that can do 64 million operations
per instruction.

See wikilink:
en.wikipedia.org...

See Vector/Array Processor:
en.wikipedia.org...

Handy for creating ultra-realistic air and space flight simulators
and modeling high-powered electro-plasma-magnetic particle
and wave simulation/dynamics in real-time or near real-time
in a box no bigger than a beer fridge!

EXPENSIVE THO! -- Getting into low 7 figures!
edit on 2015/6/5 by StargateSG7 because: sp

edit on 2015/6/5 by StargateSG7 because: add more info

edit on 2015/6/5 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outrageo

...I would also suggest this issue is far more complicated than your thread suggests

Noted, thank you. Although, you may recall the first line of the opening paragraph, where I state outright that the premise of the question is "COMPLEX", which I take to be nearly synonymous with "complicated".

I never once inferred or suggested in the slightest that the issue is NOT complicated. Nor do I have any delusions in this regard. From the very lucid responses so far on this thread, yours included, I don't believe there are many here who would suggest this topic to be anything other than quite complicated. The complications, in fact, I suggest, are what makes it an interesting exercise.

p.s. Ditto on "The Wall". Decades later, it still titillates the mind...

I suppose I am also making a further point that we have already threads about this with charts and graphs, and even textbook excerpts from alphabet letter agencies instructing in how to do this, and how to discredit individuals, marginalize, or copy them, if desired, to target them. That, in fact, takes it a step further. But there is proof of this, too.
I never meant to say by my responses you shouldn't write a thread. I'm not a moderator, obviously, and that's not up to me to decide nor to really comment on…..
I apologize for any offense you may have taken.
tetra

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Quite allright, my friend, no apologies necessary and no offense taken.

Of course, I did a thorough search first to see the level and content of disinfo threads extant, and specifically OP'ed a new one to address an issue not yet explored to any meaningful degree, and specifically to explore purpose and intent relative to the Aliens/UFOs forum.

Thanks, though, mate - the more sharp eyes, the better...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm new here, and I certainly haven't had the time to read through 14 pages of thread, and I don't know enough of the posters here or of the nature of people who try to spread misinformation, but I know that misinformation and those who spread it always fall away if you question everything and accept nothing told to as fact without looking it up for yourself. It's kind of a self evident annoyance, and perhaps a circuitous pain, and I can't honestly say I have the energy or care to always follow such wisdom myself, but when one strives for truth it's certainly the best information I can think of to keep in mind. To steer through lies and come out unscathed one must always question.
edit on 5-6-2015 by Vakanain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

originally posted by: Outrageo
a reply to: 6Taco6Smell6

Hitler and his Nazi pals are also to have made a similar agreement, though their interests were more specifically for things such as mind control techniques, metallurgy, free energy techniques and medical advancements, among other things. It is thought that the Nazi saucer program and ‘Bell’ devices were developed using some of their traded-for goods. Truman’s Project Paperclip was, in part, an effort to weaken this program, bring some of the scientists and knowledge to the US, and prevent it from falling into the hands of the Soviets (who, it seems, managed to grab some of the mind control/remote viewing stuff in spite of this).

I didn't know the Nazis were behind the design of the Sears camping lantern...

Not really on topic, sorry, but after looking at that image a short while... wheres the rim light?, given the basic form the craft is supposed to have and where the sun is located where is the rim light, there isnt a chance in hell that object wouldn't have some form of rim light on its left side... sure the truck would be mostly silhouette but its a box, the craft is round...

Oh and the horrendous white poorly masked line around the crafts right hand landing ball (probably left over from removing the white background of what ever image the craft originally was taken from), and the fact the craft if it was sharing the same location in terms of depth as the truck would be casting a decent shadow down the hill side given a large portion of it would be sticking out over the slope of the hill...

But as to the OP, I think the paranoia is out of control for some people... 37 years of being a believer, and all I can say is, there arent if any, any shills... as others have said its just hurt egos and finding something to make themselves feel special 'help the secret goverment is oppressing me! as i speak the truth!'... havent posted here in ages, seems like nothings changed, the inmates are still running the asylum.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vakanain
I'm new here, and I certainly haven't had the time to read through 14 pages of thread, and I don't know enough of the posters here or of the nature of people who try to spread misinformation, but I know that misinformation and those who spread it always fall away if you question everything and accept nothing told to as fact without looking it up for yourself. It's kind of a self evident annoyance, and perhaps a circuitous pain, and I can't honestly say I have the energy or care to always follow such wisdom myself, but when one strives for truth it's certainly the best information I can think of to keep in mind. To steer through lies and come out unscathed one must always question.

The Force is strong with this one.

Must be a paid disinfo shill.

Harte

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I said earlier I don't think ATS is plagued with disinformation agents active here. I think the damage is done elsewhere on the internet/in the English speaking media.

You can even learn a bit about how it's all done if you really want to know.

“The Art of Deception: Training for Online Covert Operations.”

Among the core self-identified purposes of JTRIG are two tactics: (1) to inject all sorts of false material onto the internet in order to destroy the reputation of its targets; and (2) to use social sciences and other techniques to manipulate online discourse and activism to generate outcomes it considers desirable. To see how extremist these programs are, just consider the tactics they boast of using to achieve those ends: “false flag operations” (posting material to the internet and falsely attributing it to someone else), fake victim blog posts (pretending to be a victim of the individual whose reputation they want to destroy), and posting “negative information” on various forums.............

Click below for the full presentation and source data:

The Art of Deception

edit on 5/6/15 by mirageman because: edit

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: htapath

Thank you!

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
The thing that always gets me about this idea of having "shills" working on ATS is this:

Why bother?

Think about the amount of utter crap that is on this site, just stuff that is quite obviously total bollocks, why would they need disinfo agents, what are they going to do, post yet more pictures of Martian rocks?

I am sure that there is someone sitting in a office at the NSA who every now and then might have a little peek at what is being said on ATS and other conspiracy sites but nothing more.

I would think that they are more interested in social media sites than conspiracy sites.

Potential man potential. An open site like this has the potential to be very dangerous to well honed and nurtured fairy tales and for their continued grooming and propagation.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join