It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: To what extent are disinformation agents active on ATS?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
To the folks saying ATS is not "important" enough for various groups to spy on, recall that the NSA has agents playing World of Warcraft and other on-line games. If they think those places are worth keeping an eye on, what makes you think conspiracy-related forums aren't on their radar?

Some peoples seem to be playing fast & loose with the term "disinfo". Although the OP clearly defined the term, I'd like to address the points.

There's yer "debunkers" and "believers". The differences between these two are really just superficial. Both groups could accurately be called "believers" because they both believe in their respective ideas without question. Both of these groups jump to their respective conclusions without any real independent thought or in-depth investigation. Both groups have representatives who profit off their followers unquestioning faith. The majority of the representatives of these two factions either, A) genuinely believe but don't know/think they know B) in it strictly for the cash or C) are paid/willing disinfo agents.

The way I see it, most people tend to fall into the A or B categories. Now at this point, I'm referring to magazines, books and lectures, not just posts on ATS, even though I feel that generalization is an accurate reflection of the posts on ATS.

In conclusion, NSA is monitoring on-line games and I know of at least one AMA guest on this site who I'm at least 75% sure was here to spread disinfo about UFOs and probably also farming data. Almost all the other AMA guests seem to be a combo of A,B & C to some degree, or at the very least victims of disinfo themselves. One the one hand, you have people claiming that we're genetic descendants of an ancient race that once lived on Mars that's been at war with hostile aliens. On the other are folks who discount the stories and evidence of thousands of anomalous experiences. But I digress...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Spying on the 12 million players of WOW is not posting disinfo.

Breaking into ATS to read the pms is not posting disinfo.

Maybe you should start a thread about the NSA possibly reading your PMs.

If you start talking about how great Allah is, and mention how to make an explosive device, then the NSA might get some red flags and read your post (and determine who you are,) but they're not gonna start debunking your claims about Allah, nor will they post about how your bomb design won't work.

Harte

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Ah, you're right! I was reading two threads at once and cross-posted. There's a link to another thread in this one about someone who had Proctor & Gamble and Dept of Defense spooks snoopin' on their computer.

Ignore those parts in my post above!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ultimafule

Nicely expressed, ultimafuel. Thanks for those of us that feel the same.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
We are always subject to

Social Engineering is a discipline in social science that refers to efforts to influence particular attitudes and social behaviors on a large scale, whether by governments, media or private groups in order to produce desired characteristics in a target population. Social Engineering can also be understood philosophically as a deterministic phenomenon where the intentions and goals of the architects of the new social construct are realized.
Social engineers use the methods of science to analyze and understand social systems in order to design the appropriate methods to achieve the desired results in the human subjects.

Many experiments have been done and a lot is known about people and their thinking now. The habit of people to change according to popularity of a view has been verified. Hench look for many stars and flags. When a post is made and it has the "look" of popular approval many will move toward that view.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
There might very well be a multitude of disinformation agents on here, the thing is we would never know who or where they are. All I can guess is that they want to spread false information to keep us out of the light on important things happening by spreading bizarre and implausible stories to put our attention on. Also spreading information that is completely wrong about ufo cases or how ufos and space travel works. They don't want us to find out about the important things.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
Breaking into ATS to read the pms is not posting disinfo.

Maybe you should start a thread about the NSA possibly reading your PMs.

If you start talking about how great Allah is, and mention how to make an explosive device, then the NSA might get some red flags and read your post ...

Technically, there are security directives that say they CAN'T, but like everything else, it depends.

NSA is not chartered to perform regular direct surveillance on US citizens. There is a lot of "definition of is" fudging that goes on...if I gather your phone call metadata and never look at it, is that surveillance? sorts of waffling.

Depending on the reigning director, they may refuse to surveill even foreign nationals with green cards. Or, given a PDD, they might scan domestic phone lines for content in real time they way they do calls with 'dirty feet'. I've seen both happen in the last 25 years.

But. There are explicit directives not to use forum contents. The loophole there is, if any foreign national posts on the thread, then the entire thread is up for grabs. Sort of like letting a vampire in the house the first time. If one doesn't, they generally just get someone to post something from Alice Springs.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
What people need to remember is that there might be disinfo agents being paid through a NGO to achieve the same goal. Government funded? Nah, but working lockstep within a government agenda for sure.

Something else to keep in mind is that there might be foreign nationals working to get politicians that work in their favor elected too.

For example, Putin said he likes Trump so Putin will do what he can to help get Trump elected because that works favorably to Putin. Just like the Chinese would probably do what they can to get Hillary elected, or maybe even Sanders.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I cannot see how or why a place like this would need "disinfo agents". I have read this site for a long time, long before i joined. I used to think UFOs were possibly real, until I came here and learned about CGI, fakery, and all the stuff.

Some of you will say the "agents" got to me, but I prefer to see it as I got educated in fiction. Do I believe there is alien life? Possibly. Do I believe they have visited this planet? Possibly. I am at the point though if they are here, I want proof. When I say proof I mean I want something that will convince everyone.

We are at the point where there are cameras in our hands of everyone, yet all we see now are points of light, dots, CGI, and blurriness. Sorry but I need much more.

Now I could see gov't agencies watching places like these. There are some forums in this site where certain individuals say things that I consider way over the top. Some of them I would consider dangerous. I visit this website once in a while and some of the headlines make me roll my eyes. I consider many here to be mentally unstable and some downright scary. I wonder if they say things to get a ruse or if they actually believe what they say. All this is though is my opinion. So if their are gov't agencies monitoring places like these, then I consider it a blessing. No dis-info by them is needed, there is plenty of dis-info already here.
edit on 1-2-2016 by deanNS because: (no reason given)

(post by zigzags removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Outrageo

I have seen more disinformation posted on here by conspiracy believers than anyone else

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

I have seen more disinformation posted on here by conspiracy believers than anyone else

Perhaps. But conspiracy theorists wear their motives on their sleeves, and they make little effort to conceal those motivations. They are also loosely organized, if at all, sometimes blatantly incompetent, and nothing if not completely transparent.

On the other hand, the 'disinformation agents' we are referring to here are supposedly 'contributing' to this forum (and others) with a seemingly specific, coordinated, agenda of obfuscation and misdirection. They are often articulate, knowledgeable, and passionate in their presentation and arguments. They are probably on somebody's payroll (the taxpayers, yes, but through what chain-of-command?).

The question remains: To what Extent are they here? WHO is sponsoring their activity - and WHY?

Here's an interesting recent interview with researcher/author Grant Cameron to wit:

The consensus among such 'experts' appears to be "PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY". Really? That's it? WHY are "they" going to such extraordinary effort, risk, and expense? - to merely "DENY" the existence of aliens? If so, then WHY? To WHAT end? For what purpose? WHY DENY US THE TRUTH?

Do these PTB really believe mainstream humans are too stupid or too simple to "handle the truth" ? Are they really just protecting us from ourselves? [BS]. Did they make some kind of "deal" to perpetuate this fallacy to save their own skin?

Lots of questions - few answers. But because this is such a life-altering truth (or falsehood) that profoundly affects me, my family, you and your family, our past and future - don't we deserve to know about such a potentially cataclysmic influence on our planet, our lives, our collective destiny?

edit on 7/17/2017 by Outrageo because:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Well I have been called a disinfo agent well if true I am owed plenty of money
not seen a bean yet.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

If a government had any interest in ATS they would not put disinformation agents directly into the topic.
They would not even PM persons on ATS who have specific information of interest .

What they would do is take Down every connection you personally have With the internett until matter is sorted out.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
With the ridiculous UFO "experts" rattling off idiocy, who needs disinfo agents?

Harte

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Probably more of the useful idiot variety of disinfo agent, working towards their own political ends.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Why would any website need disinformation agents when there are always plenty of people who believe and support all kinds or crazy wu-wu?
There is also no age limit right? So a 12 year old by right should believe in a bit of nonsense. Your brain isn't even close to fully developed, at that age I remember thinking every supernatural phenomena was probably true.

The only forum I've ever seem that even had a filter for nonsense was physics forums .com. There if you post pseudo-science they remove your post and tell you to go to the pseudo section.

So, has the CIA been caught actually doing disinformation? Have they admitted to it? That story about the guy who was told about the Dolce(?) underground base by the CIA, and then he went crazy, is that true?

Then that CIA agent started attending ufo conferences and acting all friendly to ufo enthusiasts for some reason?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: joelr

Yeah, it sounds kinda crazy.

But how else to explain it when someone disagrees with you using an intelligent argument?

MUST be a disinfo agent! Probably paid to post here on ATS because we at ATS are soooo G-D important to the real world out there, these agencies are compelled to keep tabs on us.

Harte

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
With the ridiculous UFO "experts" rattling off idiocy, who needs disinfo agents?

My thought exactly. This isn't the old days where mostly we had John Winston going on about the Photon Belt, or we'd get daily updates from the Galactic Federation. These days there are so many people here and out in Internetland lying and hoaxing and making up crazy stories for fun (and marginal profit) that the government doesn't need to put anybody on the payroll.
edit on 5-12-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
tom delonge is one haha

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join