It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: To what extent are disinformation agents active on ATS?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

originally posted by: Jchristopher5

originally posted by: ImaFungi
a reply to: wmd_2008

The concept of taxpayers paying 'government employees?' to lie to them is ____________

The concept of those government employees being proud of themselves and their job is _____________

Agreed! They should be very ashamed of themselves. There are so many honest ways to make a living.

Being a government shill is disgusting.

Seems that a sense of humour is not required here

you noticed?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey
I think there is a certain arrogance to the question.

It assumes that you are so important, and so right, that there must be high up people out there trying to discredit you or somehow draw you out. It makes people feel better if they can claim the government (in whatever guise they think it takes) is paying people to disagree with them or make them look stupid, when usually they are pretty good at that themselves.

In the end it doesn't matter where the information comes from, whether someone was paid to post it or not, it's either true or it isn't.

This right here? It's the heart of sooooo many of the supposed "conspiracy theories" that pop up on here anymore. It's all about wanting to be smarter than everyone else, to see what they don't, to "know" what others are too ignorant to comprehend. It's ego, plain and simple. for many who come around these parts.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

originally posted by: Bedlam

Please take this opportunity to share what you know about alien abductions.

Ask the little blue doctors if they'll let you play with the wall-opening gadget. It looks like a weird flashlight.

It would make running new wiring in a house a hell of a lot easier.

I'm intrigued by what you say, but I have never seen a blue alien.
I've seen aliens that were seven foot tall greys, their color was like the belly of a fish, whitish-grey on the front, wearing robes.
I've seen shorter greys. Some brownish tan in color. Wrinkled, not smooth.
I've seen aliens that were like grasshoppers or ants, in a way. With limbs impossibly thin, like broomsticks. In military looking uniforms, some with emblems.
Never saw a nordic, or a blue alien.

But yes, they were "doctors".

I wonder what kind of explanation a 'skeptic' can throw of such detailed experiences, considering multiple victims on the same family.

Lies or the plain truth is all I get.

I cannot see anything in between. Multiple misinterpretations? Parallel, shared hallucinations? Some sort of genetic mental condition that triggers at the same time?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackHill
I wonder what kind of explanation a 'skeptic' can throw of such detailed experiences, considering multiple victims on the same family.

*shrug*
Tolkein's Lord of the Rings books were a lot more detailed, and even had complete "alien" languages in them. So I guess that makes them even more true.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

*shrug*
Tolkein's Lord of the Rings books were a lot more detailed, and even had complete "alien" languages in them. So I guess that makes them even more true.

You're comparing the work of a very well known fiction writer with abductees experiences.

Lies then. Already covered. Nonsense, in many cases, considering the background, but yes, covered as an option.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Been stalking/lurking this site since day one, became a member just to comment on a story about a year ago, this is my second time commenting, my comment is: after reading all the regular posters comments for the past 13 or so years, (including the ones who have Multiple handles and try derailing any logical thinking)....... my thoughts are this Site is most definitely a DHS/NSA/CIA/FBI (take your pick ) disinfo/intel gathering hangout and since I'm formerly in the Spook business myself,
I'm going with my gut and 20 years intel gathering experience *SNIP*

edit on 6/3/2015 by Blaine91555 because: off topic remark removed

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Ask the little blue doctors if they'll let you play with the wall-opening gadget. It looks like a weird flashlight.

I've seen aliens that were seven foot tall greys, their color was like the belly of a fish, whitish-grey on the front, wearing robes.
I've seen aliens that were like grasshoppers or ants, in a way. With limbs impossibly thin, like broomsticks. In military looking uniforms, some with emblems.

I cannot see anything in between.

There are all sorts of potential explanations that are "in between" when you're talking about high strangeness and the complexity of the human psyche.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

There are all sorts of potential explanations that are "in between" when you're talking about high strangeness and the complexity of the human psyche.

We read you attentively. Please limit to the cases where multiple family members are object of such experiences that they recognize as real in nature.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LEO726

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

We read you attentively. Please limit to the cases where multiple family members are object of such experiences that they recognize as real in nature.

Well, for example, if you want to start from the explanation that these are actual entities they could be terrestrial entities that are being mistaken for "aliens" or are being deliberately deceptive.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JackHill

Or, as you suggested, some sort of shared "hallucination" (or less pejorative term)--perhaps involving something universal in the human mind triggered by an as yet unknown stimulus.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

It really is quite impossible to detangle experiences shared by groups of people particularly if they are convinced of what they experienced. Not to say there isn't a shortage of psychological explanations, its just that the variables involved are pretty endless. Its also impossible to rule out such explanations.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outrageo

This is a simple question with a complex premise – a question that has, at various times, been proposed, hinted-at, and blatantly directed depending on the volatility of the subject matter on this esteemed forum. Specifically regarding Aliens and UFO subject matter:

Are there disinformation agents active on ATS?

Hi mate don't know if you've seen this video but it does list some very relevant mission statments.

Don't know if it goes on within UFO forums but have certainly suspected it over the years.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Or, as you suggested, some sort of shared "hallucination" (or less pejorative term)--perhaps involving something universal in the human mind triggered by an as yet unknown stimulus.

I've been stuck on the whole false memory idea lately. Something like a shared experience that mutates over time. I don't know if that's been shown to occur in groups though. Hmmmmn...group false memory or group confabulation.... Im going to duck and cover now...

edit on 3-6-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Well, for example, if you want to start from the explanation that these are actual entities they could be terrestrial entities that are being mistaken for "aliens" or are being deliberately deceptive.

The witnesses claim these abductors aren't human in appearance. If it's perpetrated by human beings, i.e., part of our civilization, what technology allow them to :

Intrude in any home, at will, undetected to the outsiders, every time.

Pass as 'aliens beings', with tools and ship included, deceiving the all the victims senses.

Control remotely human beings as they were robots.

And all the above, at least, since the 50s.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I cannot see anything in between. Multiple misinterpretations? Parallel, shared hallucinations? Some sort of genetic mental condition that triggers at the same time?

Thanks, Jack Hill, I appreciate the kind words. Yes, my family has really been through quite a bit. I used to assume a site like this would be filled with people with experiences just like ours, but the longer I'm here, the more I start to think we really are a rare case. I don't know what to think of it, my family and I can't even agree if they are good or bad, of if that's far too simplistic.

My dad is dying of terminal cancer, in a few weeks he will take his first hand account with him.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2
a reply to: Outrageo

DISINFORMATION Disinformation is intentionally false or inaccurate information that is spread deliberately. It is an act of deception and false statements to convince someone of untruth. Wikipedia

This place is brimming with them.

---

This is an Area I can actually MAKE a decent comment on...You're LOOKING AT ONE!

I'll be a little cryptic here since my target audience is not YOU!

...anyways...

I kinda help out on this since my background in COMSEC
(Communications Security) and SIGINT (Signals Intelligence)
DOES allow me some leeway to make a valid comment!

We are ALL OVER ATS, RENSE, TECH RADAR, 2600 and
anything else to do with Tech, paranormal, spooks, UAV,
flight, etc. Just to give you a heads up on what goes on,
I keep getting probed here at my IP address here in
Vancouver Canada by the spooks in Colorado, Ft. Meade
and Washington St. ... BUT in reality those young padawans
have NO CLUE I'm actually just down the hall sometimes!

I snicker when I see that spiffy newly minted 2nd Lt.
SCARED STIFFY as he peeks at my Vancouver screen and
I tell him to move his pencil AWAY from the right side to
the left side of the keyboard and to STOP fidgeting and
to put away that chocolate bar since there is to be NO
food at the workstations!

Then I task said 2nd Lt. with moving his middle finger
slowly left and right, up and down and then I say BOO!
Look behind you!

So yes we can see anything! Know EVERYTHING!

and then some!

Now! The only thing YOU need to do is to BELIEVE...OR NOT!
whether ANYTHING I have just said is TRUE or not! And once
I have planted that doubt in your mind and indicate that I
know the secret IT security services phone number of a major
spy agency: 613-991-7654 and another one: 8 (495) 696-88-00
or this one +599 318 33 70 you could have some fun with this
knowledge......

Is this Real or is it Memorex!

P.S. These guys are watching you too: (0 89) 7 93 15 67
and these guys +33 1 56 06 34 80
or them 202-231-5554 ...and here 02 6 261 31 00

and finally this one: 1 949-346-5728, ext 25436

and MAYBEEEE this one once in a blue moon: 202-456-1414

...Just having fun Sue....

No need to get your knickers in a knot...
edit on 2015/6/3 by StargateSG7 because: sp3

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Simple answer - you'll never know, unless they slip up.

Disinformation artists are at work everywhere, most actively in the mainstream media and on cable media such as FOX NEWS.

The spreading of misinformation is one of the most damaging things going on in the world today.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Does that... even exists? Remember, the witnesses claim the experiences felt real. And don't forget the cases where are people who is physically missing when the supposed abduction is taking place, plus the physical marks.

I'll tell you what I think. Let's call it the 'ladder of explanations'. It works this way:

When the victim remembers something odd, bizarre, unexplainable, happened to him/her, but cannot be so sure about it, the skeptics will say: 'It was a vivid dream', you 'mind playing tricks on you', 'you're tired', and so on. If the victims recalls clearly not to be sleeping, but still, not concrete/full memory of what happened, it will be explained as some sort of 'mental condition', hallucination, sleep paralysis, and so on. If hipnosis or some class of mental relaxation technique is applied by third parties, it will be certainly blamed and accused to form 'false memories'. If the victim was showing signs of evident trauma associated to the events he/she recalls under hipnosis, it will be added that the false memory is covering a 'real' trauma, like a sexual abuse. If you have multiple family members suffering the same shared experiences apparently at the same time, it will be called as some sort of undefined, rare, 'shared hallucination', reinforced thanks to the media/friends comments/internet groups/mutual talk to make them believe it was actually 'extraterrestrials'. Marks/scratches that matches the memory of the experiences will be dismissed as self inflicted, or accidental, not related; electronic/electrical oddities sometimes related to the experiences will be dismissed as simple electric malfunctions, wiring, etc. Also, if you have a hundreds and hundreds of people claiming similar experiences, many times almost reluctantly, complete stranges to each other, geographically dispersed, it will be blamed to the media and the movies, Spielberg and 'ET'. Finally, when external not intervening witnesses are present, they will be called... well, liars.

Yeah, we get that no abduction experience gave us a part of the ship or alien tissue. That's why there will be always 'alternative' explanations, because, you know... aliens abducting humans? Nonsense!
edit on 3-6-2015 by JackHill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The witnesses claim these abductors aren't human in appearance. If it's perpetrated by human beings, i.e., part of our civilization, what technology allow them to :

Intrude in any home, at will, undetected to the outsiders, every time.

Pass as 'aliens beings', with tools and ship included, deceiving the all the victims senses.

Control remotely human beings as they were robots.

And all the above, at least, since the 50s.

I didn't say they were necessarily human. My point is that if we're talking about hypothetical entities with apparent "supernatural" powers they wouldn't have to be "alien" even if they say that's what they are or if that's what they are assumed to be. They could be entities associated with this planet.

I don't know if that's what I believe but that's an alternative theory to the ETH that goes back at least to Vallee in the sixties.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join