It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray had spinal surgery a week before the arrest ??

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: pilgrimOmega

What delusional idea do you have that shows how any of what's quoted says I think they were justified...in fact what you quoted shows me directly saying if they did abuse their power or this human that they should be charged for it...still waiting on your apology I also can see from how your misrepresenting other posters you owe more than one apology.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

No need to trash, we are finding facts after all in the thread, so no everything is lost.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

It has been proven over and over in this thread.

Some refuse to see the man standing on his own damn feet despite evidence other wise.

They refuse to believe anything other than the narrative of hate they have been feed by the media.

The topic of this thread has been proven false but that doesn't stop you from believing disinformation foisted on you by far right news blogs does it? I guess it's all about which narrative fits better into a person's worldview eh?

link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

You're mistaken if you think I'm going to argue with over when the fatal blow happened, that resulted in Freddie Gray's murder. The fact is, he sustained a severed spine while in their custody, and while under their complete control.

link   
Well this seems interesting...

The Free Republic website said Wednesday that Gray's "life-ending injuries to his spine may have possibly been the result of spinal and neck surgery that he allegedly received a week before he was arrested." The article also said the injury was a result of a car accident and cited thefourthesate.com as the source of information. The story did not cite any court records.

Free Republic has since removed the story from its website and could not be reached for comment.

www.baltimoresun.com...

So take it for what you will.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Has anyone seen the autopsy report yet, I wonder. I'll go look for it.

The official findings of the investigation, including the conclusive autopsy report, will be released Friday. The autopsy results already posted might not be the official conclusion.

I'm going to wait until Friday to see what they say.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

At 0:58 he is bearing his weight.

How could you possibly tell when the two officers still have control over him?

Looks to me like they are supporting him.

You'd have to see many transfers of paralyzed people to see it. They may be "supporting him" but he's clearly not dead weight. It is possible, however, that he sustained the fracture earlier but it hasn't evulsed yet. That' s why one immobilizes a trauma patient immediately, and does not let them walk around.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

However, SNOPES is not exactly a neutral party where political hot button issues are concerned, so I'd suggest the best thing is to wait and see what the actual evidence is. When they release the autopsy results, they'll very easily tell us if there had been a previous surgery or not.

Baltimore Sun:

Online reports are swirling that Freddie Gray had spinal surgery shortly before he died in police custody, and collected a payout in a settlement from a car accident. Those reports — which raise questions about the injury that led to his death in April 19 — point to Howard County court records as proof.

But court records examined Wednesday by The Baltimore Sun show the case had nothing to do with a car accident or a spine injury. Instead, they are connected to a lawsuit alleging that Gray and his sister were injured by exposure lead paint.

Paperwork was filed in December allowing Gray and his sister, Fredericka to each collect an $18,000 payment from Peachtree Settlement Funding, records show. In exchange, Peachtree would have received a $108,439 annuity that was scheduled to be paid in $602 monthly installments between 2024 and 2039.

Hoax bin it.

Yes, but that does not address whether or not he had a surgery. It just addresses a lawsuit. People have surgery every day without their being a lawsuit involved. Although it does lend suspicion that the story is false, it is not proof that he didn't have the surgery.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Pure conjecture! until hospital records are released detailing what kind of surgery he had and when, then all everyone is doing is merely speculating. what we do know is that the kid died while in police custody and true to form, the cops are mum about it.

Besides, where is the source of this articles claim?

link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Has anyone seen the autopsy report yet, I wonder. I'll go look for it.

The official findings of the investigation, including the conclusive autopsy report, will be released Friday. The autopsy results already posted might not be the official conclusion.

I'm going to wait until Friday to see what they say.

That would be the wise thing.

link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I can not wait also for the report, I hope the findings are open to the public, but this been an ongoing investigation to satisfy the angry public no limited to Baltimore I wonder.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

However, SNOPES is not exactly a neutral party where political hot button issues are concerned

Ya and the source the OP used is right?

They found out the suits had nothing to do with a neck surgery but with a lead paint issue.

The OP source just took a screen shot and made stuff up...

But yet we have people rushing to talk about how in light of that info the cops were vindicated, all while saying that this why people shouldn't rush to judgement.

To be fair, most of us said "If" this story is true. Not that it was "definitely" true.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Well one way or another this man gave his life for the betterment of his family, he was to sue for his auto accident and now his family will be rich from this turn of events. I would say he came into this life to help his family.

RIP

Sometimes things happen on more subtle and unknown planes of existence than what we understand in the physical.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

You're mistaken if you think I'm going to argue with over when the fatal blow happened, that resulted in Freddie Gray's murder. The fact is, he sustained a severed spine while in their custody, and while under their complete control.

But see, you call it "murder" when we do not know the how, or why, or who. You've had your mind made up from the start. Was it murder? Possibly. Criminal neglect? Possibly. None of the above? Possibly.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Look at the expression on his face, and yes, they are holding him up.

www.baltimoresun.com...=1

Ms. Booze, age 71 has lived along Mount Street just north of Presbury all her life, said she was cooking in her kitchen when she heard Gray "hollering" outside. Booze, a retired Northrop Grumman production coordinator, had a stroke some years ago and moves slowly, but made it outside nonetheless.

A crowd had started to form, she said, and there was Gray, who used to call her "Mama" and run errands for her to the corner store, lying handcuffed on the ground.

Booze said she winced as police hoisted Gray. His legs appeared broken to her, though police have said Gray suffered no broken bones. Bystanders got more vocal. "Call the ambulance!" Booze remembers saying as police tried to disperse the crowd.

"Police were telling everyone to leave because they didn't want anyone taping," Booze said. "They got real smart and nasty."

At least three cameras mounted on the Gilmor Homes buildings overlook the location, along a low stone wall on the edge of a courtyard. Police have released some footage, but it showed little of the arrest.

In a bystander's video Gray is shown being pulled to the van, his feet dragging, before standing briefly on his own as he's placed inside the van.

First I've heard of the crushed larynx.

After the pickup, the van headed south again — but this time it was headed for the Western District police station rather than Central Booking. When Gray was taken out of the van, Rodriguez said, "he could not talk and he could not breathe."

Beyond damage to his spinal cord, Gray had a crushed voice box.

At 9:24 a.m., officers called a medic to the Western District station, reporting that Gray was in "serious medical distress." The Baltimore Fire Department said the call arrived at 9:26 a.m.

Kevin Moore, witness: “They had him folded up like he was a crab or a piece of origami. He was all bent up."

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Also to say, it pisses me off what has happened in Baltimore because it infringes upon my rights as a sovereign citizen, causes blowback via the control system and created a snowball from hell against our freedoms. BUT I think what happened to this man was deplorable and inexcusable, no one deserves to be man handled by the police and when someone shouts out that they are hurting them, they should listen.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: MoreBeer
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

It has been proven over and over in this thread.

Some refuse to see the man standing on his own damn feet despite evidence other wise.

They refuse to believe anything other than the narrative of hate they have been feed by the media.

The topic of this thread has been proven false but that doesn't stop you from believing disinformation foisted on you by far right news blogs does it? I guess it's all about which narrative fits better into a person's worldview eh?

Yes,, and you are living proof of that. Please answer one question for me. Why are you seemingly completely discounting statements from witnesses?
edit on 4/29/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

To be fair tho negligence does not in itself constitute racism. It constitutes negligence

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: pilgrimOmega

Handled on next page…removed due to no need for the post.
edit on 29-4-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The records were supposed to substantiate the allegation. They do not. Therefore the allegation is unsubstantiated. Considering their abysmal investigative skills and utter lack of vetting, we now have about as much reason to believe this far right "news" blog as we do a blogger reporting to have it on good authority that Freddie Gray was trampled by a time travelling unicorn.

That would be 0 reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join