It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray had spinal surgery a week before the arrest ??

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I see, and I've no doubt that has happened. Just not the case here, obviously. My heart just goes out to him. If this is what it looks like it is, what a painful and cruel way to die. Nobody deserves that.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This has already been debunked? See here @ Snopes.

So how many mea culpas are going to pour forth from those of us who bought into this story without waiting for it to be confirmed and were off to the races blaming Freddie Gray for his own death because it was a narrative they were prepared to accept?

Anyone?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Are you just really dense or have you never seen a criminal or a child for that matter refuse to walk when they are perfectly able to and someone has to drag them against their wishes?

That is exactly what has been shown.

edit on 29-4-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

At 0:58 he is bearing his weight. How can that be explained with a C3 evulsion?

Is it possible that he sustained the fracture when he fell and it later shifted in the van and caused the evulsion? Certainly, it is possible. I've seen guys walk away from an incident with a non-displaced fractured cervical spine. It's not the fracture of the bone that kills you, it is the shifting of the bone that impinges on the cord that kills you.

It's also possible that he received the injury in the back of the van. It's possible that a cop did it, or he did it to himself, or the other guy in the van did it. At this point, we don't know.

However, the video is not proof that he is neurologically compromised at the time. Suggestive, maybe, but not proof.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

However, SNOPES is not exactly a neutral party where political hot button issues are concerned

Ya and the source the OP used is right?

They found out the suits had nothing to do with a neck surgery but with a lead paint issue.
The OP source just took a screen shot and made stuff up...

But yet we have people rushing to talk about how in light of that info the cops were vindicated, all while saying that this why people shouldn't rush to judgement.

edit on thWed, 29 Apr 2015 14:03:15 -0500America/Chicago420151580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: pilgrimOmega

Please quote where I advocate such things...if you cannot I expect an apology for your blaten misrepresentation of my post...thanks.
edit on 29-4-2015 by RickyD because: grammar

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD
When Freddie left the scene he should have been in the back of an ambulance, not a police van. How can you possibly argue with that? He was mortally injured. Of course people who break the law have to be dealt with..... but not like this.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

Are you just really dense or have you never seen a criminal or a child for that matter refuse to walk when they are perfectly able to and someone has to drag them against their wishes?

That is exactly what has been shown.

Alright then! You sure give credence to the old saying 'one sees what one wants to see".

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

However, SNOPES is not exactly a neutral party where political hot button issues are concerned

Ya and the source the OP used is right?

They found out the suits had nothing to do with a neck surgery but with a lead paint issue.
The OP source just took a screen shot and made stuff up...

But yet we have people rushing to talk about how in light of that info the cops were vindicated, all while saying that this why people should rush to judgement.

As you can see, I haven't done that. I've been very careful to parse my explanations with the words "if" and "possible."

As for snopes, they just mentioned the lead paint lawsuit, they din't really debunk or not if he had surgery or not. The very end of their article said this:

How many of those cases might have involved the man who died in police custody is uncertain, as is how the additional information attached to this rumor that is not evident from court database listings (e.g., that Gray suffered a spinal injury in an automobile accident) might have been substantiated.
Read more at www.snopes.com...

The really didn't debunk the surgery angle as much as they just said "we don't know." I agree, we don't know, and the autopsy should confirm or debunk the previous surgery very easily. You can't miss a cervical fusion.
edit on 29-4-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the autopsy report yet, I wonder. I'll go look for it.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It has been proven over and over in this thread.

Some refuse to see the man standing on his own damn feet despite evidence other wise.

They refuse to believe anything other than the narrative of hate they have been feed by the media.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

When he left the scene I saw him stand on his own...now what happened between that point and arriving at the station is what's in question. You cannot honestly tell me you can't see him able to stand can you??? Again if it is found that it was the fault of officers and they neglected their duty to get this man treatment or purposely caused him harm I'm all for justice and criminal charges. I also would want to see hard penalties for it as well. However if it is found to no be their fault I would expect apologies all around for jumping the gun and blaming the officers prematurely.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

It is a very devastating injury and no matter what even if he was immobilize right after the injury his chances for survival were very small with 80% of his spine severe at the neck, surviving would have made him be completely paralized.

To break somebody's back like that requires some very hard mishandling, that is why I say that the police officers involved are no innocent by any means.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

At 0:58 he is bearing his weight.

How could you possibly tell when the two officers still have control over him?

Looks to me like they are supporting him.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: pilgrimOmega

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Whites are more likely to be able to afford a lawyer than blacks and latinos. let's not address why, though.

Yes, by all means let's bring up the racial arguments in society now too. Because EVERYONE is against anyone who isn't white......

You suffer complete disconnect. This whole thing is about race. Watching conservatives fall all over themselves to prove they aren't racists is hilarious to watch.

It might, just might be argued that this is about police brutality. After all, others that WERE completely innocent AND white were brought up in this thread and they were BEATEN to death.

My quote that you are using in THIS argument is relevant to your claims if another article being truth.....and I was pointing out that the article was biased based on that one statement from the actual research.

You are the one insinuating that blacks can't get a good lawyer....maybe address it in the context of a white and a black that have the same record, background and money in their account can likely only get the same lawyer.

I happen to know plenty of blacks that can afford a much better lawyer than I ever could....hell, almost every member of most major sports team in Basketball and Football are black....they get paid MUCH more than I ever will and can afford the best lawyers in the country.

So that excuse is lame and only used to compare poor blacks to middle income whites....if you compare apples to apples you don't get the same....money is money and lawyers are lawyers....they don't play if you don't pay, regardless of color.

How can it be about police brutality? You already stated your opinion that the police did nothing wrong and that if there was any impropriety, well, the multiple offense criminal deserved it and saved taxpayers money by avoiding a trial.

Hmmm....I don't recall stating any of that, maybe that is what you took from what I wrote? There is no evidence of the police doing anything wrong, not from any video or any factual report. And I never said anyone deserved it anywhere in this thread.

It IS about police brutality in this case...that is exactly what it is about....people claiming the police intentionally killed Gray.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: pilgrimOmega

I firmly believe in personal responsibility and at the end of the day his action set in motion all of these events. Were the cops wrong for giving him a rough ride…well yes if found true they are wrong and should be charged for the crime. If not then well I guess he shouldn't have been out breaking the law.

You said it, dude.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well what can I say, it is always the fact that people tend to see others with bias no matter what, specially those that happen to be poor and on government assistance is more often than not human nature.

We all bias in one way or the other.

link   

Whites are more likely to be able to afford a lawyer than blacks and latinos. let's not address why, though.

Yes, by all means let's bring up the racial arguments in society now too. Because EVERYONE is against anyone who isn't white......

You suffer complete disconnect. This whole thing is about race. Watching conservatives fall all over themselves to prove they aren't racists is hilarious to watch.

It might, just might be argued that this is about police brutality. After all, others that WERE completely innocent AND white were brought up in this thread and they were BEATEN to death.

My quote that you are using in THIS argument is relevant to your claims if another article being truth.....and I was pointing out that the article was biased based on that one statement from the actual research.

You are the one insinuating that blacks can't get a good lawyer....maybe address it in the context of a white and a black that have the same record, background and money in their account can likely only get the same lawyer.

I happen to know plenty of blacks that can afford a much better lawyer than I ever could....hell, almost every member of most major sports team in Basketball and Football are black....they get paid MUCH more than I ever will and can afford the best lawyers in the country.

So that excuse is lame and only used to compare poor blacks to middle income whites....if you compare apples to apples you don't get the same....money is money and lawyers are lawyers....they don't play if you don't pay, regardless of color.

How can it be about police brutality? You already stated your opinion that the police did nothing wrong and that if there was any impropriety, well, the multiple offense criminal deserved it and saved taxpayers money by avoiding a trial.

Hmmm....I don't recall stating any of that, maybe that is what you took from what I wrote? There is no evidence of the police doing anything wrong, not from any video or any factual report. And I never said anyone deserved it anywhere in this thread.

It IS about police brutality in this case...that is exactly what it is about....people claiming the police intentionally killed Gray.

After all these pages of your expertise, you aren't gonna take credit for it now?

link   

However, SNOPES is not exactly a neutral party where political hot button issues are concerned, so I'd suggest the best thing is to wait and see what the actual evidence is. When they release the autopsy results, they'll very easily tell us if there had been a previous surgery or not.

Baltimore Sun:

Online reports are swirling that Freddie Gray had spinal surgery shortly before he died in police custody, and collected a payout in a settlement from a car accident. Those reports — which raise questions about the injury that led to his death in April 19 — point to Howard County court records as proof.

But court records examined Wednesday by The Baltimore Sun show the case had nothing to do with a car accident or a spine injury. Instead, they are connected to a lawsuit alleging that Gray and his sister were injured by exposure lead paint.

Paperwork was filed in December allowing Gray and his sister, Fredericka to each collect an $18,000 payment from Peachtree Settlement Funding, records show. In exchange, Peachtree would have received a $108,439 annuity that was scheduled to be paid in $602 monthly installments between 2024 and 2039.

Hoax bin it.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Running around the streets a week after spinal surgery?Sounds like very fast healing period to me but the facts will come out if true.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join