It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray had spinal surgery a week before the arrest ??

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Ya that lead paint is very bad for the spine I guess, who knew!?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
If his spine wasn't severed when he entered the van, then this injury was 100% the responsibility of the police while he was in their custody. Therefore, Freddie Gray could have had no personal culpability, as suggested, by running and injuring himself.

This is what we in the legal field might describe as a "crap conclusion."

It's a technical term.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yes, time to withdraw, assess the new Snopes link information.

How to justify a broken back while in custody was kinda tough with a pre-existing injury... how can it be justified with no prior injury?

I'm sure someone will post how shortly.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

True but how can they talk about how racist it is when over 50 percent of the police force is black and so is their leadership?

Im Havin a hard time parsing some of this because it just doesn't add up

And again it seems we have another situation where racism was immediately parroted by everyone and it looks to be that the guy had a serious existing injury that could have led to this

Many times when people are forcibly taken into custody they are screaming all sorts of things.

It's not like they had his full medical work up in front if them before they apprehended him.

All they knew was they had a runner and to bring him in.

People are too quick to jump on a band wagon before facts come out.

This is ferguson redux

It seems the public wants all the facts unless it comes to the police , then they want to be judge jury and executioner before any of it comes out.

If you want due process then that applies to EVERYONE.

edit on 29-4-2015 by Lgbtlivesmatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Lgbtlivesmatter

snopes has already debunked the pre-existing injury.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Guys, I just looked at youtube and there must be 10 videos of Freddie Grey being arrested. I wish I could look at them to see which one I saw but I CANNOT do it. (computer freakin' problem)

Windwood! Versa! Please go look. I could see the picts and in ALL of them he appears to be being dragged. In the one I actually saw, the person taking the vid was saying "I'm filming it, don't worry, I've got it", or something to that effect.

To others: would you go look? If you don't know how to post a vid, leave the link here and I'll embed it for you.

Please and thank you.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Really? The assertion of the OP is that Freddie Gray walked into the van of his own accord, and turned to the camera and smiled. If that's the case, what happened to him, while he was in police custody, shackled and held in the back of the police van, that caused him to have a suffered a severed spine, that resulted in his death?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: pilgrimOmega

Sure there is a very simple way to get at the root of this problem. Stop glorifying that type of behavior. Stop blaming all your problems on others and take personal responsibility and demand it from others. Stop poisoning our own communities with harmful drugs…not Pot I mean the type that cause physical harm and dependency issues. Stop creating broken families you didn't intend to take care of in the first place. I don't mean just for black but for all people. However a lot of what I mentioned seems to apply to many communities that happen to be a black majority, but the problems aren't just theirs they're the problem of all communities that allow them.

I firmly believe in personal responsibility and at the end of the day his action set in motion all of these events. Were the cops wrong for giving him a rough ride…well yes if found true they are wrong and should be charged for the crime. If not then well I guess he shouldn't have been out breaking the law.

Above all though it seems like a lot of black culture glorifies the wrong things to the youth in that culture. It also seems to attract many youths from other cultures as well…I grew up with my fair share of white thugs that tried to live up to what was glorified in the rap music that was popular at the time. I see a lot of problems with the culture of the youth in general today and what is aspired to and what is looked up to, but hey what do I know…I'm probably racist too right?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

That is an ignorant opinion. I strongly suggest you reconsider it.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Got it,

Did Freddie Gray Have a Spinal Injury Before His Arrest? No.

heavy.com... ories-false/

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pilgrimOmega

And if it's true that he didn't it needs to continue to be investigated regardless and if the police are guilty they should be charged

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Well, you have a COEXIST sign at the bottom of your post but you advocate the killing of people upon arrest by the police over a trial and due process if people 'deserve it'.

you tell me.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Oh, and NavyDoc is an MD (Medical Doctor), not a medic....again...big difference that seems to elude you....

Is he? Because previously he claimed to have been a "medic", who had later been stationed on a oil platform. It matters little to me, because he's only ever used his authority to bash those who disagree with his political stance, not to shed light on health and life saving issues.

I've never said either of those two--you, sir, are a flat out liar.

I've shed plenty of light on such issues. Even in this thread I explained the neuroanatomy in question. That you choose to ignore it, does not make it not so. Enlighten us with your knowledge--Again, please explain to us how someone who has an 80% evulsion at C3 can talk and moves his head and arms?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lgbtlivesmatter

I am trying debate that one too, how could it be racism (I am using that word) when the leadership in the city is mostly black.

You are right

Also, who were the officers that transported him when its injury happen.

Is still more to see, but taking into consideration the city record when it comes to police brutality, it seems that it doesn't matter the color of the police officers, when the target is in the poor and oppressed majority in the community.

The more I repeat that I starting to feel that something is missing.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You mean "Hands full, I loot".

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: pilgrimOmega
Yes, time to withdraw, assess the new Snopes link information.

How to justify a broken back while in custody was kinda tough with a pre-existing injury... how can it be justified with no prior injury?

I'm sure someone will post how shortly.

It would be very difficult. As I have clearly said, several times in this thread, IF there was a preexisting injury, then it was POSSIBLE that the death was not a result of malfeasance BUT if there was not a preexisting injury, then the onus is likely malfeasance on the part of the police force. Baltimore PD is, IMHO, as corrupt as Chicago PD.

However, SNOPES is not exactly a neutral party where political hot button issues are concerned, so I'd suggest the best thing is to wait and see what the actual evidence is. When they release the autopsy results, they'll very easily tell us if there had been a previous surgery or not.
edit on 29-4-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

No, that is not what I mean, lady, but while been arrested they will play the injured card to be taken to the hospital instead of jail.

In Mr. Gray case the police either ignored or they just didn't believe it.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
Thank you! Star! I can't watch it though. : (
His he walking, or being dragged on his toes?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

In Mr. Gray case the police either ignored or they just didn't believe it.

And either way they were in the wrong. Negligence is negligence what ever way you want to spin it

And how does the leadership prevent any racism?
I am not saying it was, but won't say it wasn't just cause they have some black leadership.
That doesn't change the personal views or actions.

Saying there is no way it was racism is just as bad as automatically saying it was IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join