It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray had spinal surgery a week before the arrest ??

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

It is very truth I agree, that a lot of people will claim injuries to avoid been arrested, in one episode of ER the doctors actually were addressing that same issue of detainees been taken to the emergency room to avoid arrest.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Last time I checked, Neurosurgeons did spinal surgery. Not medics.

You said "Neurologist"......not the same, but nice try!

Here...let me quote it again as you seem to have a recall issue....maybe see a neurologist....it would be a lot less expensive than making the mistake of seeing a neurosurgeon.

Quit arguing with all your medical knowledge and stuff...can't you see this is a case of media against you, a trained professional in the field?

Oh really? Navy Doc is a Neurologist now? Gee wiz, when did a military medic, who claims to have done a few abortions in the field too, get his doctor's degree in Neurology? Somewhere on an oil barge I guess!

Oh, and NavyDoc is an MD (Medical Doctor), not a medic....again...big difference that seems to elude you....
edit on 4/29/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neutrality
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Again, where is the video? Did he receive the injuries from initial chase or at the station? Is there any video of him at the station conscious and mobile? If not, now would be a good time to show it. If so, well where's the video and what happened?

In a jail THERE IS ALWAYS VIDEO, AND YES IN/ON EVERY HOLDING CELL, thinking otherwise is stupid. Where is the video?

I don't know, nor did I may an assumption to know all of the facts about the case. You're asking me as if I'm saying the LEOs are absolutely innocent--I'm saying no such thing, nor did I imply it.

In fact, I specifically said:

If it was the fault of the police and there was no prior injury to Gray that caused the normal force of the arrest of a fleeing criminal to contribute to his death, the the police need to be brought up on charges. But, I'd like to know for sure before I act as ignorant as some people are when discussing this case.

So, IF (you don't know for sure) there is video, then it needs to be made public and available for all to see.

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

And in the Navy it's "Corpsman," not medic so we've got another thing he knows little about.

I liked my corpsmen when I was in. They were good guys and gals and they work very hard for we, the doctors.

link   
So this vindicates the cops throwing him in a van and thrashing him around in it?

This source is kinda iffy too.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Here...let me quote it again as you seem to have a recall issue....maybe see a neurologist....it would be a lot less expensive than making the mistake of seeing a neurosurgeon.

Quit arguing with all your medical knowledge and stuff...can't you see this is a case of media against you, a trained professional in the field?

Oh really? Navy Doc is a Neurologist now? Gee wiz, when did a military medic, who claims to have done a few abortions in the field too, get his doctor's degree in Neurology? Somewhere on an oil barge I guess!

Why do argue over such trivialities? NavyDoc 'aint either!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I saw the video of him being dragged, screaming in pain. I don't care about the still picture. I don't what care "perps" usually do. I care that the man died as a result of injuries suffered at the hands of the police and due to their refusal to get him timely and proper medical attention.

Yes, by all means lets ignore everything that does not suit our particular view of the actual events.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Why do argue over such trivialities? NavyDoc 'aint either!

Because trivial matters to some are what others call being dubious. Such as it is trivial to you that he was standing and fine when he stepped into the van. Others may see this as evidence his spine was not severed at the time.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Oh, and NavyDoc is an MD (Medical Doctor), not a medic....again...big difference that seems to elude you....

Is he? Because previously he claimed to have been a "medic", who had later been stationed on a oil platform. It matters little to me, because he's only ever used his authority to bash those who disagree with his political stance, not to shed light on health and life saving issues.

edit on 29-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Others may see this as evidence his spine was not severed at the time.

Again, this only makes the police case worse. If his spine wasn't severed when he entered the van, then this injury was 100% the responsibility of the police while he was in their custody. Therefore, Freddie Gray could have had no personal culpability, as suggested, by running and injuring himself.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: pilgrimOmega

originally posted by: pilgrimOmega
Whites are more likely to be able to afford a lawyer than blacks and latinos. let's not address why, though.

Yes, by all means let's bring up the racial arguments in society now too. Because EVERYONE is against anyone who isn't white......

You suffer complete disconnect. This whole thing is about race. Watching conservatives fall all over themselves to prove they aren't racists is hilarious to watch.

It might, just might be argued that this is about police brutality. After all, others that WERE completely innocent AND white were brought up in this thread and they were BEATEN to death.

My quote that you are using in THIS argument is relevant to your claims if another article being truth.....and I was pointing out that the article was biased based on that one statement from the actual research.

You are the one insinuating that blacks can't get a good lawyer....maybe address it in the context of a white and a black that have the same record, background and money in their account can likely only get the same lawyer.

I happen to know plenty of blacks that can afford a much better lawyer than I ever could....hell, almost every member of most major sports team in Basketball and Football are black....they get paid MUCH more than I ever will and can afford the best lawyers in the country.

So that excuse is lame and only used to compare poor blacks to middle income whites....if you compare apples to apples you don't get the same....money is money and lawyers are lawyers....they don't play if you don't pay, regardless of color.

How can it be about police brutality? You already stated your opinion that the police did nothing wrong and that if there was any impropriety, well, the multiple offense criminal deserved it and saved taxpayers money by avoiding a trial.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
www.baltimoresun.com... this link seems to correct the one posted by the OP he was exposed to lead paint not a spinal injury for the claim

But court records examined Wednesday by The Baltimore Sun show the case had nothing to do with a car accident or a spine injury. Instead, they are connected to a lawsuit alleging that Gray and his sister were injured by exposure lead paint. Paperwork was filed in December allowing Gray and his sister, Fredericka to each collect an $18,000 payment from Peachtree Settlement Funding, records show. In exchange, Peachtree would have received a $108,439 annuity that was scheduled to be paid in $602 monthly installments between 2024 and 2039. lRelated Freddie Gray coverage Baltimore City Freddie Gray coverage See all related 8 In her documents, Fredericka Gray checked "other" when asked to describe the type of accident. She also said that the date of the accident was "94/99" and that she was a minor when the case was settled.
so im not sure what happens now but i dont think the settlement was from a spinal injury

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Man gets beaten to death by police so bad that his spine is severed.

Blame everyone & anything but the cops.

Seems legit.

Stay classy ATS
edit on 29-4-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
www.snopes.com...

13 pages and 27 flags later and it seems this is a bunk story.

But lets not rush to judgement right guys?

Lets let the facts present themselves first right?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
www.baltimoresun.com... this link seems to correct the one posted by the OP he was exposed to lead paint not a spinal injury for the claim

But court records examined Wednesday by The Baltimore Sun show the case had nothing to do with a car accident or a spine injury. Instead, they are connected to a lawsuit alleging that Gray and his sister were injured by exposure lead paint. Paperwork was filed in December allowing Gray and his sister, Fredericka to each collect an $18,000 payment from Peachtree Settlement Funding, records show. In exchange, Peachtree would have received a $108,439 annuity that was scheduled to be paid in $602 monthly installments between 2024 and 2039. lRelated Freddie Gray coverage Baltimore City Freddie Gray coverage See all related 8 In her documents, Fredericka Gray checked "other" when asked to describe the type of accident. She also said that the date of the accident was "94/99" and that she was a minor when the case was settled.
so im not sure what happens now but i dont think the settlement was from a spinal injury

Well, you know how exposure to lead paint can wear down the bones in the spinal column. Clearly, that's what caused his spine to snap.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
A thousand words ...

I'm sorry the guy's dead. I'm sorry for his family. I'm sorry for Baltimore.

But ... the guy was a frikkin' thug. This was a 'sooner or later' event.

What would you do if you saw him casing your home just before your babysitter came by to watch your young daughter?

And this picture, how many of these can be confirmed to him?

How many are civil cases?

Seems there is even a divorce in there when he would have been 5.

What was the source for this picture snarl?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Wow! So Freddie Gray had some sort of brain damage from lead paint! That answers a lot of questions.

As children, [Gray] and his two sisters were found to have damaging lead levels in their blood, which led to multiple educational, behavioral and medical problems, according to a lawsuit they filed in 2008 against the owner of a Sandtown-Winchester home they rented for four years.

With so much of its housing stock predating laws banning lead in paint, Baltimore continues to wrestle with the after-effects on thousands of children who have inhaled or ingested the toxic metal.
Read more at www.snopes.com...

Thanks for the link!

/thread

HOAX BIN!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

We have evidently watched two different videos? Seriously, we must have. The one I saw was on the news, can't remember which station. My media functions are on the fritz today or I'd go look for it on youtube. Because the one I saw, when they first lifted him up, he stood, took a few steps, then his legs stopped working. He was still upright, but there was an officer on either side, dragging him, and only his toes were dragging behind him. From the sounds coming from his mouth, it even occurred to me he was unconscious, or not functionally well mentally.

Does that sound like the one you saw?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: NavyDoc

It is very truth I agree, that a lot of people will claim injuries to avoid been arrested, in one episode of ER the doctors actually were addressing that same issue of detainees been taken to the emergency room to avoid arrest.

Marg, do they claim "dead" to avoid it? Seriously.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Okay, we had to have seen two different vids. The one I saw, they held him up and waiting for him to get in the van, but he couldn't, so they put him in,.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join