It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray had spinal surgery a week before the arrest ??

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I just did a Google search.
The Baltimore Sun just posted a story saying that he had no injury that would affect the case.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hmmm...until some confirmation comes from a reliable, credible source, I'm calling partial bull# in this. If that is the most recent pic of a living Freddy getting put in the back of the van, there is no way that kid had spinal surgery a week prior. I have been around a number of of people recovering from spinal surgery and injuries, and even loaded on the most epic cocktail of painkillers, the best they can manage with movement is either a shuffle of a waddle. If he did have some sort of spinal surgery, it happened at least months before he died. Whether or not that will have had any bearing on this case remains to be seen.

The fact that he was able to run from the cops for quite some distance tells me physically, he was not suffering from any serious pain or injury.

I'm keeping an open mind in this case, and haven't really come to a conclusion because I really don't have enough information either way. All I know about the case is as follows:

Freddy Grey was not a "thug", but a small time low level street crim who so far only has drug misdemeanors on his record. So he was a petty dealer. Big deal. (I am stating this mostly because of my opposition to the War on Drugs, and not as a factor in this case.) A lowlife, yes, but not a thug. So, he's out one day, probably working his "side job", when the cops come through working their "day jobs". Freddy see's, Freddy's dumbass does the stupid thing and ran, and like bulls to a red flag, the cops chased and eventually caught him further in the projects. Turns out he had a switchblade. There were people filming the incident on camera, and a number of witnesses in the area. There are various reports saying that he was manhandled pretty bad and bent in weird directions. Freddy was then put in the back of the van and off he went, and that's the last time the public saw him alive and conscious. (interestingly, the cops reported he was "arrested without incident") Sometime during the transport, the cops stated he had some sort of medical emergency, and he had gone into a coma, and the called the ambulance. Freddy was taken to the hospital, they tried to save him, but he died eventually. His spinal cord was severed according to his family.

So the cops get suspended, there is an investigation, the full autopsy has not yet been released. The police commissioner states that the cops did not give him timely medical attention, and did not strap him into the back of the van. So already the police department is at least, admitting negligence. However, we still, at this point, don't know what happened to Freddy Grey in the van with the cops. Supposedly, there was another suspect in the van, a potential witness. The medical examiner has not stated anything for certain, however.

So I guess the real question is then, did his death result from direct brutality of the cops, or cops being negligent? (There is a difference. One is intentional and one is just negligent.) One is manslaughter, the other is murder.

Still waiting.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: NavyDoc

Yep. That's what I'm saying.

Right. So the actual facts of the matter are irrelevant and you're going with your preconceived notions and feelings. This is, sadly, rather typical of the "progressive" left.
edit on 29-4-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It just came out that the Baltimore Police are not issuing a report on their findings Friday, but will instead turn over the report to prosecutors.

Does this mean we won't find out what happened Friday? Will the prosecutor address the public instead?
edit on 29-4-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If this were true, why hasn't his family mentioned it? Their advantage not to?

Time will tell.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
It just came out that the Baltimore Police are not issuing a report on their findings Friday, but will instead turn over the report to prosecutors.

Does this mean we won't find out what happened Friday? Will the prosecutor address the public instead?

I guess one could assume that if they are turning the report over to prosecutors, then they feel that there is enough evidence that supports a possible prosecution of the officers.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

I guess one could assume that if they are turning the report over to prosecutors, then they feel that there is enough evidence that supports a possible prosecution of the officers.

It's looking that way, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The actual facts of matter are.....

Fact: Freddie Gray was able to run from the police.
Fact: Freddie Gray was dragged by police to their van, with his legs hanging, screaming in pain for medical assistance.
Fact: Freddie Gray suffered from a severed spine while in police custody.
Fact: Freddie Gray died from his injuries.

Fact: Police and their cronies have been known to lie, plant evidence, hide evidence and give false testimony in similar cases.

edit on 29-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

It could also be that they feel regardless of the amount of evidence there is, that it needs to go to court simply due to the escalation of violence if it doesn't.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I just did a Google search.
The Baltimore Sun just posted a story saying that he had no injury that would affect the case.

Wow. So the settlement had nothing to do with car accidents or spinal injuries, but lead paint?

And then this, from the source:

The Free Republic website said Wednesday that Gray's "life-ending injuries to his spine may have possibly been the result of spinal and neck surgery that he allegedly received a week before he was arrested." The article also said the injury was a result of a car accident and cited thefourthesate.com as the source of information. The story did not cite any court records.

Sure enough, checked Free Republic, there is a link to this story.

Sounds more and more like BS.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

It could also be that they feel regardless of the amount of evidence there is, that it needs to go to court simply due to the escalation of violence if it doesn't.

That also possible and has happened in the past as well. Baltimore PD is a bit thuggish, like the Chicago PD, so the inverse could also be true.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

That would be my guess as well.And obviously,even that act could inflame this situation even further.

link   

Ya cause only one side, which not sure why this is political, is ignoring facts and going by preconceived notions.

link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

That is what I got from the article.
Only reservation that I have is the info comes from the lawyers for the Gray family.... but I see no other reason to doubt that what they are saying is accurate.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The actual facts of matter are.....

Fact: Freddie Gray was able to run from the police.
SUPPOSITION: Freddie Gray was dragged by police to their van, with his legs hanging, screaming in pain for medical assistance.
Fact: Freddie Gray suffered from a severed spine while in police custody.
Fact: Freddie Gray died from his injuries.

Fact: Police and their cronies have been known to lie, plant evidence, hide evidence and give false testimony in similar cases but it is also a fact that police have been known to do the right thing and follow the rules.

Fixed it for you.

Besides, you just got done explaining to us that you don't care about the facts, so why bother calling anything a fact?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya cause only one side, which not sure why this is political, is ignoring facts and going by preconceived notions.

Nope, just him. He certainly has no problem about making up falsehoods about me, so it seems that the truth is a foreign notion for him.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I'm not interested in you twos squabble, doesn't change that many ate up the neck surgery being the cause with no questions asked to fulfill the preconceived notion that it is all grays fault.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Me too. I just started really looking into this, and the evidence from all sides seems to be against the officers, but on what counts. Because if this was intentional......

I mean, does anyone realize the amount of force it takes to sever a spinal column even 80%? I'll give you a hint: during the Middle Ages and Inquisition, 'why they used the Breaking Wheel. That level of violence and brutality means these cops have to be sadistic and incredible violent, beyond the normal police beating.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I'm not interested in you twos squabble, doesn't change that many ate up the neck surgery being the cause with no questions asked to fulfill the preconceived notion that it is all grays fault.

Did many people do that? Reading the thread, it seems that most people, including the OP, said "if" it was true it "might" effect the case. That neither make "it's all Mr Gray's fault" nor is it "preconceived."

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Okay, this is another *breaking* story from the same site the OP used. This time they are saying Freddie Gray sued a taxi company over an alleged accident:

They are saying this is POSSIBLE for a spinal injury so read at your own risk:

www.thefourthestate.co...

They also attack the Baltimore Sun for attacking them.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join