It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House REFUSES To Call 21 Beheading Victims CHRISTIANS In Statement Against ISIS Attack

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

a reply to: daaskapital

holy crap. that many groups trying to get isis and isis just gets bigger and bigger and more and more christians are dying in those countries. something wrong with that picture.
See, there it is again. Christians dying. Why add that caveat?

cause it's an epidemic, in the near, mid and far east, atm.

I think the epidemic is murder. Plain and simple. Brutality and murder, rape, hate and all those negative ideas you can think of plus some you probably, hopefully, can't.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Can those who are making this religious just stop and think.

Sadly, I don't believe ISIS will listen to your sage advice.

It's not Isis I am worried about, it's those of us with honesty as our guardian, and truth as our guide. I am an atheist, I don't want to see us as a species fall into the trap of becoming that which evolution has taken so long to liberate us from. It saddens me immensely.

I really do appreciate the way you think. Honestly, it's amazing to me that we're even still around today, considering the evil, mankind has had to slog through throughout the ages.

I believe that one of the reasons we ARE still around today, is because we have never shied away from uniting, confronting and destroying genuine evil when we finally recognize and understand it's threat.

ISIS IS true evil...it will eventually be vanquished...and we, in the end, will become just a little bit better a species...as a result.
ISIS certainly seems to be an major issue that needs to be addressed, but I'd posit that the "evil" in the link in my sig is a similarly powerful evil that is currently entirely UNvanquished.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Can those who are making this religious just stop and think.

Sadly, I don't believe ISIS will listen to your sage advice.

It's not Isis I am worried about, it's those of us with honesty as our guardian, and truth as our guide. I am an atheist, I don't want to see us as a species fall into the trap of becoming that which evolution has taken so long to liberate us from. It saddens me immensely.

I really do appreciate the way you think. Honestly, it's amazing to me that we're even still around today, considering the evil, mankind has had to slog through throughout the ages.

I believe that one of the reasons we ARE still around today, is because we have never shied away from uniting, confronting and destroying genuine evil when we finally recognize and understand it's threat.

ISIS IS true evil...it will eventually be vanquished...and we, in the end, will become just a little bit better a species...as a result.

And that, my friend, is exactly how I feel.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

a reply to: IAMTAT

IS is gaining ground in Syria, but Iraq is harder to discern. The Kurds have been dealing blows to them in the North, but IS is still having successes in the West.

This will be a long war, but give it some time and IS will crack. Their territory exists because they rely on tribal structures to keep them afloat. There are already indications of infighting and tribal dissent against IS. If it continues, i don't see IS retaining control of vast swathes of land. It's up to friendly forces to try and use these weaknesses to our advantage.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Read 3 pages of this thread and another 4 pages of another thread and all I can say is wow. Talking points much people. I feel like I'm reading Fox or MSNBC or ABC or whoever else news. I'm taking a vacation from this place for a while.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
We have twenty-two months to survive Barack Obama’s remaining time in office.

If you expect any of the potential Republican candidates to handle this situation any better or even any differently you're going to be disappointed.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think it makes all the difference that they were Coptic Christians, in that they were specifically executed because of their religion. Here's a comprehensive introduction to why ISIS is targeting Coptic Christians:

"Egypt's Coptic Christians: Who are they – and why have then been targeted by Isis in beheading video?"

Independent explains

This article from the Independent goes over the history of these Christians in Egypt, their past and current status, and also, why ISIS specifically targeted them in their latest horrific attack.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Zionist filmaker Rita Katz is said to be behind the production of these videos.

www.intellihub.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer

Zionist filmaker Rita Katz is said to be behind the production of these videos.

www.intellihub.com...

Well that explains a few things !!!

BwaHaHaHa

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

I thought intellihub is satire?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Oh for crying out loud.

You lot will come up with any excuse to have a go at Obama.

From a foreigners perspective it's more than just nitpicking, it's totally ridiculous.

From a non-foreigner its racist in a way. Like for instance how when it was a white guy in office the average ATS member blamed a shadow government bent on world domination and now suddenly it's all Obama on his own.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Work place violence. lol

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Text Not if they were Christian ATS members, I am starting to believe some in here enjoy the fact Christians are killed.

I don't believe I have ever heard you say anything quite this despicable here at ATS Stormdancer

I just lost a lot of respect for you

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I knew Obama was to blame for this!

He spilled some of the milk i was pouring into my cereal this morning too that bastard!

Nice Straw Man slight of hand. That isn't what the OP said and you know it.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

it reminded me of when people were protesting the murders at charlie hebdo, and in retilation, a group of nigerian muslims in nigeria, killed 10 christians, injured 173, burnt down 45 churches, destroyed a christian orphanage, christian homes and a christian school. i remember thinking -- how are protests in support of charlie hebdo in france, reason to burn down christian buildings and kill christians in nigeria? simple answer: genocide.

more politically correct answer: their religion isn't important.

edit on 16-2-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Awolscout

oh nonsense. bush was the brunt of many jokes and accusations, as all our presidents have been since the us became a nation.

edit on 16-2-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
What is with the orange jump suits?

Where do they find this attire?

Why bother dress one in one when they are about to die anyways?

Do they just leave the bodies next to the ocean when they're done as in the video?

Where and how did they get the cherry picker onto the beach to zoom in from such a height?

And what is with the Hollywood style editing of the videos of late ?

Guantonamo has the orange jump suits don't they? who supplied those?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

What is with the orange jump suits? Where do they find this attire?

Right, the last I heard the only place in the world that makes orange jumpsuits is a small company in Sheboygan Wisconsin and they are not suppose to sell them west of the Mississippi river. Hmmm I need to investigate, I bet Bush has something to do with this.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

oh nonsense. bush was the brunt of many jokes and accusations, as all our presidents have been since the us became a nation.

Jokes and accusations that never boiled down to say birth certificates or how he hates Christians or being a secret Muslim as though there was anything wrong with that tho?

No in Bush, Clinton, Bush, etc it was all legitimate gripes with the administration which could also be levied at Obama to be fair.

However saying that he's secretly from Africa and claiming it's totally not racism on some level isn't one of those.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Awolscout

Jokes and accusations that never boiled down to say birth certificates or how he hates Christians or being a secret Muslim as though there was anything wrong with that tho?

No in Bush, Clinton, Bush, etc it was all legitimate gripes with the administration which could also be levied at Obama to be fair.

However saying that he's secretly from Africa and claiming it's totally not racism on some level isn't one of those.

but that doesn't have anything to do with criticism about his lack of clarification on a sensitive subject like this. he had no problem rubbing our noses in the fact a hispanic guy (who was conveniently called a white guy, so it could keep up with the divisive narrative) killed a black guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join