It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House REFUSES To Call 21 Beheading Victims CHRISTIANS In Statement Against ISIS Attack

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

i had no idea christians were murdering people in central africa? linky please? and by army of god, do you mean timothy mcveigh group of some kind? by christian identity, do you mean like the waco folks?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

That is really horrible. So, in the fourteen years since 9/11/2001, roughly around 2500 Christians have been killed by Islamic terrorists?

Not to be too mercenary, but what is that around 178 a year? That's really horrible indeed.

I looked around that site for references on the total number of members of other religions killed in the same period.

I didn't find anything on that; did I miss it?

For example, the regular murders of Sikhs in the US being confused for Muslims?

Or the Christian who walked into a UCC Church in Knoxville and just started shooting?

Or the several thousand Muslims who were massacred in the Central African Republic?

Or the several thousand Muslims murdered in Iraq by ISIL as discussed?

What would you guess is the "non-Christian" death toll since 9/11? More than 2500?

Perhaps it's a matter of violence by people against other people, rather than just against Christians?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

you make a good point! i learned something today i wasn't expecting. i still think he needs to be honest about it, however.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

i had no idea christians were murdering people in central africa? linky please? and by army of god, do you mean timothy mcveigh group of some kind? by christian identity, do you mean like the waco folks?

Really? So you only research attacks on Christians?

Here's an basic overview with links to references to start with: Christian Terrorism

Time Magazine - Central African Republic

UK Telegraph - Central African Republic

213,000 other links on Christian Terrorism in CAR

92 million links to info on Army of God

That's a start.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

sheesh, i don't want to associate my name with that stuff.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

you make a good point! i learned something today i wasn't expecting. i still think he needs to be honest about it, however.

We all learn something every day until we die. Hopefully.

"He" being President Obama? Being honest about what, exactly?

What did you want the White House to say that it didn't?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

that's a silly question.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

that's a silly question.

No, I don't think it is. The official White House statement acknowledged the violence done, to whom it was done, who it was done by, condemned it, etc.

Only a political agenda that is anti-Obama would have any problem with it.

Neither the official statement, nor anything President Obama has said about ISIS victims has been "dishonest."

I'll be glad to review any evidence to the contrary.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Only a political agenda that is anti-Obama would have any problem with it.

well if we are identifying the perpetrator (isis, which claims to be muslim), then why can't we identify the victims, who were killed specifically because of their religion. i think that's the sore point in all this.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Really? So you only research attacks on Christians?

Here's an basic overview with links to references to start with: Christian Terrorism

Time Magazine - Central African Republic

UK Telegraph - Central African Republic

213,000 other links on Christian Terrorism in CAR

92 million links to info on Army of God

That's a start.

Did you even read what you posted? One talks about driving Muslims out of an area they controlled. Where they were murdering and Torturimg. And discusses UN peacekeepers. The other is an anti abortion group in Virginia of your an abortion doctor might want to worry but doesn't matter what religion you are.

Now Muslims in several countries are currently trying to move other religions out. It isn't just Christians buddists are having similar problems. As a general rule Islam isn't very accepting of other religions.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Did you see any of the video? The video makes it quite clear that the victims are Christian, killed because they were Christian, in retaliation for supposed injustices against Muslims by Copts in Egypt.

The US Head of State acknowledged the loss of the citizens of another sovereign State (Egypt).

That's the beginning, middle and end of the matter. The President has been very clear in every comment that I've read.

Did you express upset when a religious tag was not applied to the Jordanian pilot? to the Japanese war-tourists?

Why would anyone think you were only concerned about Christians?

edit on 10Tue, 17 Feb 2015 10:23:40 -060015p102015266 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The question really is, did you read anything linked?

Christians massacred Muslims in the Central African Republic. Because they were Muslim.

So you went through all 213 K links on CAR and all 90 some odd million on Army of God?

Wow, you ARE a fast reader!

I'm betting that you just clicked the links and decided what you thought without reading anything.

Not to mention, you just categorized 1.6 billion people. Even you must see how silly that is.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

i expressed that i don't think anyone is actually guilty of anything, and that we are all victims of lack of information, shaped by our environment and impacted by our experiences. i'm concerned for everybody, but for some reason, got the strange idea that the government is not exactly friendly to christians. dunno where i got that idea.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

the christians who did that, were retaliating after the muslims who came there had committed a bunch of atrocities against them. it was revenge, which we christians are not supposed to do, but it is kinda hard not to lose your marbles when you see your loved ones and friends, abused. however, when they lost it, they lost it big time, which resulted in them mutilating the muslims in a similarly disgusting and gruesome way.

i don't know of a group of people on the planet, who have a world view of any kind in similar with each other, who wouldn't lose it, but that's cause i know if i saw that kinda stuff done to loved ones, i'd be a very unhappy camper.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The question really is, did you read anything linked?

Christians massacred Muslims in the Central African Republic. Because they were Muslim.

So you went through all 213 K links on CAR and all 90 some odd million on Army of God?

Wow, you ARE a fast reader!

I'm betting that you just clicked the links and decided what you thought without reading anything.

Not to mention, you just categorized 1.6 billion people. Even you must see how silly that is.

I'm perfectly aware of CAR apparently you aren't it's a civil war and yes they have muslim members fighting on both sides. And yes atrocities are being committed but this civil war is brutal they see it as control of the region. And yes Muslims and christians fight in many countries but it still has nothing to do with the op. OR for that matter an anti abortion group.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Can those who are making this religious just stop and think.

There are an enormous amount of, basically psycopathic./ sociopathic people killing people in the middle east. Check.

This group's agenda is to start a race/ religious war. Check.

They want to create hatred and division by way of media. Check.

The only way to defeat them is by uniting against the common enemy. Check.

What have I said that is wrong?

Yes it it wrong

Labeling them with a western term of mental illness takes away the reality of the threat

The groups agenda is world domination.

They want the media to id them and the division they seek is your pov aiding them

The only way to stop them is timing and the time is now but by implimenting the other methods they are gaining cover to grow

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Those stats do not reflect the number of christians killed around the world. It is more likely to be the number of christians from one single country killed since that time.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

So ... atrocities committed in the name of religion are okay as long as it's called a civil war?

It's not simply a matter of "Christians fighting Muslims" and you are well-aware of that fact. It is the effort of the Christian majority to genocide the Muslims based on the actions of a few. Not unlike other situations in the world, I might add.

It is about atrocities being committed in the name of a religion, and you're aware of that fact as well.

Atrocities committed in the name of a religion, any religion, are inexcusable.

Terrorism is terrorism, whether you agree with the stated goals or not.
edit on 11Tue, 17 Feb 2015 11:16:02 -060015p112015266 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Where's the outrage here?

Oh, wait. They weren't said to be Christian. Sorry, carry on then.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Those stats do not reflect the number of christians killed around the world. It is more likely to be the number of christians from one single country killed since that time.

Based on what exactly? Your belief?

Show us some evidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join