It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House REFUSES To Call 21 Beheading Victims CHRISTIANS In Statement Against ISIS Attack

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

it's called accurate reporting. and it keeps them from covering up the identities of the victims.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: undo
Some would call it taking unnecessary heat out of an already incendiary situation. Each to their own.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
coptic christians claim that ever since they left the roman catholic church, they've been under persecution of one kind or another. this is important information for the rest of us to know, when a particular group is targeted, as it may lead to better understanding of what is happening behind the scenes.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Some would call it taking unnecessary heat out of an already incendiary situation. Each to their own.

bull#

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

it's called accurate reporting. and it keeps them from covering up the identities of the victims.
If the victims had been unidentifiable, and the news had just been reported as "ISIS militants behead 21 Egyptian nationals," where would your outrage have been? Why is this news more upsetting to you when they're labeled as Christian? That is what is truly troubling in this thread.
edit on 16-2-2015 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

bull#

Wow, just wow.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
the theme is growing bigger and darker...

freedomoutpost.com...

there is a video recently created and published by the terror publicist arm ... a 5 minute video,... I only heard the first 2 minute or so monologue by the chief, English speaking executioner... because I refuse to watch beheadings

the main title is: ISIS Sends Out This Message To All Christians: ‘You Will Soon See An Ocean Of Blood For All The Nation Of The Cross’
comes to us westerners from a smaller subset of Jihadists = "Soldiers Of The Caliph" loyal to ISIS in Libya, who conducted the executions and coded it to a 'message' to all the nations of the cross

Read more at freedomoutpost.com...

my comment is that Rome is the eventual 'nation of the cross' and lots of Christian or non Jihadist Muslim blood will redden the sea-of-blood between Egypt and Rome...see the "musivick" comment for a better look at what seems more sense to me than Norway or Denmark or Sweden being the next target as suggested by the Author of the article

It becomes apparent that the Obama massaging with overt PC-ness in not noting the Egyptians were Coptic Christians was stupid... because the Soldier of the Caliph said the 'message' was from the blood of Egyptian Christians to the shores of Italy-Rome Christians on what is going to befall all nations-of-the-cross...a sea of blood
edit on th28142413078616532015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

If the victims had been unidentifiable, and the news had just been reported as "ISIS militants behead 21 Egyptian nationals," where would your outrage have been? Why is this news more upsetting to you when they're labeled as Christian? That is was is truly troubling in this thread.

but they already knew they weren't just 21 egyptian nationals. coptic christians have been under attack in egypt and elsewhere, ever since they left the roman catholic church and it's increasing in severity since the muslim brotherood incident in egypt. this is important to know. i don't know what planet you're from but on this planet, we don't want half the news.
edit on 16-2-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Some might say, as has been previously mentioned, that there are no specific groups targeted by Isis, but rather that every group is targeted. One could even say that being part of any group is reason enough to be targeted. Then of course, once one is NOT part of any group one has no protection...there is no religion here, only hate, and murder.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

bull#

Wow, just wow.

my sentiments exactly.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Some might say, as has been previously mentioned, that there are no specific groups targeted by Isis, but rather that every group is targeted. One could even say that being part of any group is reason enough to be targeted. Then of course, once one is NOT part of any group one has no protection...there is no religion here, only hate, and murder.

i think we need to keep a track record so we can see if there's a pattern.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

If the victims had been unidentifiable, and the news had just been reported as "ISIS militants behead 21 Egyptian nationals," where would your outrage have been? Why is this news more upsetting to you when they're labeled as Christian? That is was is truly troubling in this thread.

but they already knew they weren't just 21 egyptian nationals. coptic christians have been under attack in egypt and elsewhere, ever since the left the roman catholic church and it's increasing in severity since the muslim brotherood incident in egypt. this is important to know. i don't know what planet you're from but on this planet, we don't want half the news.
That wasn't an answer to my question. If the bodies had been unidentifiable, so the headline couldn't have mentioned their faith, would this story have hit you any differently?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
the theme is growing bigger and darker...

freedomoutpost.com...

there is a video recently created and published by the terror publicist arm ... a 5 minute video,... I only heard the first 2 minute or so monologue by the chief, English speaking executioner... because I refuse to watch beheadings

the main title is: ISIS Sends Out This Message To All Christians: ‘You Will Soon See An Ocean Of Blood For All The Nation Of The Cross’
Read more at freedomoutpost.com...

my comment is that Rome is the eventual 'nation of the cross' and lots of Christian or non Jihadist Muslim blood will redden the sea-of-blood between Egypt and Rome...see the "musivick" comment for a better look at what seems more sense to me than Norway or Denmark or Sweden being the next target as suggested by the Author of the article

They are seeking justification for bloodshed on religious grounds. They are losing the battle, we CAN'T fall into the trap!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

but they already knew they weren't just 21 egyptian nationals. coptic christians have been under attack in egypt and elsewhere, ever since the left the roman catholic church and it's increasing in severity since the muslim brotherood incident in egypt. this is important to know. i don't know what planet you're from but on this planet, we don't want half the news.
That wasn't an answer to my question. If the bodies had been unidentifiable, so the headline couldn't have mentioned their faith, would this story have hit you any differently?

nope. but that wasn't the case, now was it? so why withhold the details ? sounds pretty damn fishy to me.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The media has made it very clear that these victims were Coptic Christians.

The White House didn't call them Christians because doing so would play into the hands of IS, which used their deaths as a religious message and threat to the West. By not calling the victims Christians, the White House effectively extinguished IS' hope of expanding religious tension and conflict with their actions. The USA has rendered their religious threat ineffective.

In this instance, it is you and other Christians who are falling for IS' traps. They want you to get angry because of their religious persecution. These murders are a horrible thing, but the best we can do is not play into the hands of IS, and instead mourn the passing of these innocent victims.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

i think we need to keep a track record so we can see if there's a pattern.

I absolutely agree, let no injustice go unpunished. Be that shi'ia, sunni, Christian, man, woman, child, Shinto, Buddhist or whatever. You know that they are all people right, fundamentally?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Yea! You tell em! From now on, I want to know the religion of everyone who gets murdered! THAT is what matters. Christians getting murdered is a travesty, compared to other religions. We should know the religions of murder victims! So we know how much to care!
edit on 16-2-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

nope. but that wasn't the case, now was it? so why withhold the details ? sounds pretty damn fishy to me.
They didn't withhold the details. The fact that they were Christians was all over the place, and is why we are in this thread now. The White House also didn't mention what height the victims were, what hair color they had, what brand of shoe they wore, whether they believed in evolution or not, how many cheeseburgers they'd eaten in their lives, etc. Why is Fox News telling you to be, whoops, I mean, why are you so worried about the fact that the White House didn't use a descriptor word?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

the problem is, i was already upset that they were killing iraqis, much less the rest of the various groups. i want to know what groups they are killing. i want to know if they are killing shiites or sunnis or hindus or buddhists or pagans or christians, etc, and i want to know WHAT brand of those groups are being killed. like their slaughter of coptic christians, lead me to read up on coptic christians. now i have a clearer picture of who they are targeting. i'm looking for data, not part of the data. i'm looking for motive, as i don't trust the whole thing. it wreaks.

to be fair, i can appreciate the obama adminstration's sudden concern for keeping the peace amidst rival groups (doh), it's just not a very sincere effort considering the last few years of the exact opposite.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

i don't watch tv.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join