It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House REFUSES To Call 21 Beheading Victims CHRISTIANS In Statement Against ISIS Attack

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

This is a very good question. Good luck on getting an honest answer.

ISIS is killing everyone they can get their hands on. There is no pattern here. Making this all about Christians takes away from everyone else who is being killed.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney
Yea! You tell em! From now on, I want to know the religion of everyone who gets murdered! THAT is what matters. Christians getting murdered is a travesty, compared to other religions. We should know the religions of murder victims! So we know how much to care!

i'm worried about buddhists getting killed too! why aren't you worried about coptic christians? what's wrong with this picture????????????

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

ISIS is killing everyone they can get their hands on. There is no pattern here. Making this all about Christians takes away from everyone else who is being killed.

don't you call me a liar!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

ever since they left the roman catholic church and it's increasing in severity since the muslim brotherood incident in egypt. this is important to know.

This is somewhat tangential remark, but Coptic Christians were never formally under Roman Catholic auspice.

Historically, the title "Pope" was first adopted by Pope Heraclas, the 13th Alexandrine Archbishop (232–249 AD), three centuries before it was assumed by John I, the Roman Bishop (523–526), who ratified the Alexandrian computation of the date of Easter. Bestowing the title on Rome's Pontiff did not strip it from Alexandria's, and the Roman Catholic Church recognizes this.[1]
source

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

originally posted by: undo
a reply to: Jonjonj

it's called accurate reporting. and it keeps them from covering up the identities of the victims.

The media has made it very clear that these victims were Coptic Christians.

The White House didn't call them Christians because doing so would play into the hands of IS, which used their deaths as a religious message and threat to the West. By not calling the victims Christians, the White House effectively extinguished IS' hope of expanding religious tension and conflict with their actions. The USA has rendered their religious threat ineffective.

In this instance, it is you and other Christians who are falling for IS' traps. They want you to get angry because of their religious persecution. These murders are a horrible thing, but the best we can do is not play into the hands of IS, and instead mourn the passing of these innocent victims.

The best thing we can do is have a public outcry for our POTUS Commander in Chief to go over there and wipe these enemies out, or get impeached out of his office. The way he handled this was to cockblock it from happening, plain and simple.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

thanks for the info.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney
Yea! You tell em! From now on, I want to know the religion of everyone who gets murdered! THAT is what matters. Christians getting murdered is a travesty, compared to other religions. We should know the religions of murder victims! So we know how much to care!

i'm worried about buddhists getting killed too! why aren't you worried about coptic christians? what's wrong with this picture????????????
I'm worried about people getting killed. I'm worried about people getting killed by mentalists. The White House, intentionally or not, in the act of leaving out the word "Christian", removed the power of statement from both the hands of ISIS, and the media propaganda machine. And of course, the propaganda machine was quick to pounce upon this.

Cuz I tell you what, if I had read the White House statement prior to this thread, I wouldn't have batted an eyelid at its phrasing.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

No pattern here?
We're talking about this recent atrocity...in this thread.
ISIS SAID it killed them precisely because they were Christians.
ISIS MADE this all about Christians...and has the audio and video to prove it!
How many times must that point be stated?
How does the fact that they're Christians take anything away from everyone else who is killed?!!
That's simply ludicrous!

edit on 16-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
does anyone remember protoplasmic traveller's thread "All Roads Lead to Rome", in which he said the vatican was preparing to toss their parishoners under the bus for fulfillment of the end of the precessional age (end of the age of pisces, beginning of age of aquarius. for some stupid reason, the end of the age must be precipitated by massive sacrifices of blood). how many of isis' victims have been roman catholic? anybody know?
edit on 16-2-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

it's called accurate reporting. and it keeps them from covering up the identities of the victims.

The White House didn't call them Christians because doing so would play into the hands of IS, which used their deaths as a religious message and threat to the West. By not calling the victims Christians, the White House effectively extinguished IS' hope of expanding religious tension and conflict with their actions. The USA has rendered their religious threat ineffective.

In this instance, it is you and other Christians who are falling for IS' traps. They want you to get angry because of their religious persecution. These murders are a horrible thing, but the best we can do is not play into the hands of IS, and instead mourn the passing of these innocent victims.

The best thing we can do is have a public outcry for our POTUS Commander in Chief to go over there and wipe these enemies out, or get impeached out of his office. The way he handled this was to cockblock it from happening, plain and simple.

Well yes, the public could protest, but i am sure that the USA knows what it is doing.

Obama is already attacking IS in Syria and Iraq, with some success. It would be good to see some action against IS in Egypt and Libya. That would have to be done with the cooperation of the governments though. Libya is a mess, and that would likely turn to another horrible war, considering the state of the country, if you can even call it that anymore...Egyptian groups would be marginally easier to deal with.
edit on 16-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

So now it's an impeachable offense to NOT invade Egypt and extract revenge on a group that killed some Egyptians? Since when does killing a Christian somewhere in the world outside America fall under America's jurisdiction?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Nothing 'Religious' here; Move along:

ISIS BEHEADS 21 CHRISTIANS, PROMISES TO ‘CONQUER ROME, BY ALLAH’S PERMISSION’

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

As far as i know, most of their Christian victims have been Assyrian Christians. Wikipedia states that "the modern Assyrian Church of the East is not in communion with any other churches, either Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, or Catholic."

en.wikipedia.org...

Trying to find out a percentage or estimate is near impossible though, considering the sheer amount of devastation caused by IS.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Yea ok i think your plan of us sitting back and finger pointing is the best plan we could come up with.

Do you have a problem with the truth? Every time we invade nations or even get involved with nations in the ME we help to create groups like this.

You use double speak by saying people are getting involved.

That isn't double speak it is fact.

That is good they are getting involved but the real question is what overall effect is their involvment having on the growth of isis?

How much has ISIS grown since other nations in the ME has started fighting them? I'm sure your can link the stats.

You do not state truth by saying muslim extremist are not a threat to the usa.

You need to work on your reading skills I said ISIS isn't a threat to America so I didn't lie you are. But seeing how you want to drift from the topic of the thread I'll play along. Yes Muslim extremist are a threat to America so are Christian extremist and Jewish extremist. According to the FBI Muslims commit the fewest terrorist attacks against America but for some reason we hear about them the most why is that? It wouldn't be because the so called "Evangelical Christians" that infects our congress wants America in the middle of a religious war?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

So now it's an impeachable offense to NOT invade Egypt and extract revenge on a group that killed some Egyptians? Since when does killing a Christian somewhere in the world outside America fall under America's jurisdiction?

Not doing the will of the people would empower those who can find any number of impeachable offenses by this POTUS. The Benghazi treachery would probably be enough if the will was there and it was calculated more gained politically than lost.

In order for Obama to hold on and not lose his legacy, he cannot allow the pendulum to swing the other way. That has probably more to do with ignoring facts and downplaying events than calculating what the enemy reaction would be.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Nothing 'Religious' here; Move along:

PROMISES TO ‘CONQUER ROME

/

really? i'm not catholic but my suggestion would be to 1) get out of rome, 2) get out of europe, and 3) get out of egypt, if you're a christian of any variety. i'd like to suggest that you come to america, but i don't think they want any more christians or white people here.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

So if Obama starts sending people over there to fight I'm sure you are more than willing to join up and request to go to the front lines aren't you? Give one logical reason as to why we shouldn't just let these nations deal with their own problems. How many Americans dying is acceptable fighting ISIS?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Can those who are making this religious just stop and think.

There are an enormous amount of, basically psycopathic./ sociopathic people killing people in the middle east. Check.
This group's agenda is to start a race/ religious war. Check.
They want to create hatred and division by way of media. Check.
The only way to defeat them is by uniting against the common enemy. Check.

What have I said that is wrong?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

Not doing the will of the people would empower those who can find any number of impeachable offenses by this POTUS. The Benghazi treachery would probably be enough if the will was there and it was calculated more gained politically than lost.

In order for Obama to hold on and not lose his legacy, he cannot allow the pendulum to swing the other way. That has probably more to do with ignoring facts and downplaying events than calculating what the enemy reaction would be.
So because our corporate-controlled media outlets have whipped the masses into an anti-Muslim frenzy, Obama must "obey the will of the people" and go invade other countries that have Muslims in them? Check.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Not doing the will of the people would empower those who can find any number of impeachable offenses by this POTUS.

What about the will of the people who doesn't want America getting involved?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join