It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House REFUSES To Call 21 Beheading Victims CHRISTIANS In Statement Against ISIS Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Looks like just another one of those "Random" acts, the Obama administration keeps going on about:

The White House released a statement yesterday to condemn the beheadings of the 21-Egyptian Coptic Christians by ISIS in Libya but refused to refer to the victims as Coptic Christians or even just Christians. The statement, released by Press Secretary Josh Earnest, only referred to them as ‘Egyptian citizens’.

Here’s the full statement:

Statement by the Press Secretary on the Murder of Egyptian Citizens

The United States condemns the despicable and cowardly murder of twenty-one Egyptian citizens in Libya by ISIL-affiliated terrorists. We offer our condolences to the families of the victims and our support to the Egyptian government and people as they grieve for their fellow citizens. ISIL’s barbarity knows no bounds. It is unconstrained by faith, sect, or ethnicity. This wanton killing of innocents is just the most recent of the many vicious acts perpetrated by ISIL-affiliated terrorists against the people of the region, including the murders of dozens of Egyptian soldiers in the Sinai, which only further galvanizes the international community to unite against ISIL.

This heinous act once again underscores the urgent need for a political resolution to the conflict in Libya, the continuation of which only benefits terrorist groups, including ISIL. We call on all Libyans to strongly reject this and all acts of terrorism and to unite in the face of this shared and growing threat. We continue to strongly support the efforts of the United Nations Special Representative of the Secretary-General Bernardino Leon to facilitate formation of a national unity government and help foster a political solution in Libya.

therightscoop.com...

No mention of ‘Christians’ anywhere in Obama’s White House statement on beach beheadings

www.bizpacreview.com...

Starnes: White House won't call beheaded victims 'Christians'

www.christianexaminer.com...

+31 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I knew Obama was to blame for this!

He spilled some of the milk i was pouring into my cereal this morning too that bastard!
edit on 2/16/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I don't think it really matters if you labeled them christian or not. Theres like 1.5 billion Christians and 2.6 billion muslims theres like 2 billion budists or something and if you add it all together it almost = the entire population of Earth.

Basically, 1 third of the world is Muslim, One third of the world is Christian. And the other third is Everyone else in every other demographic.

So knowing all this, I don't exactly understand the point of this thread, Just my oppinion tho.

If you say you are Christian or say you are Muslims, its extremely generic. And so you can assume the people who are beheaded by ISIS in the middle east are very likely with the odds of 3 against 1 that those people captured would be Christian or Muslim. Seeing how 2 our of 3 people on Planet earth are both muslim and Christian. Just an FYI.

That's why i dont care about either christians or muslims. They are literally so common and generic that there is nothing special about them at all.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I knew Obama was to blame for this!

He spilled some of the milk i was pouring into my cereal this morning too that bastard!

Nah, he was actually golfing (again), when his Press Secy made the official statement for him. He gets a Mulligan on the actual announcement.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Refuses to?

Or just didn't?

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Nice hyperbole. Any thoughts on why the administration refuses to call these jackholes Muslim or Islamic extreemists? Or maybe why they wont call the victims Christians?

Why so PC towards the people doing these horrible deeds?

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
I don't think it really matters if you labeled them christian or not. Theres like 1.5 billion Christians and 2.6 billion muslims theres like 2 billion budists or something and if you add it all together it almost = the entire population of Earth.

That's why i dont care about either christians or muslims. They are literally so common and generic that there is nothing special about them at all.

Apparently, the Canadian Prime Minister disagrees:

In contrast, here is the statement by Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper:

“I am outraged and saddened by the beheadings of Egyptian Coptic Orthodox Christians in Libya by groups linked to ISIL. Coming soon after the savage burning of Royal Jordanian Air Force pilot Moaz al-Kasasbeh, the threat posed by ISIL could not be clearer.

On behalf of all Canadians, I offer my deepest condolences to the families and friends of those killed and to the Coptic community here in Canada, who will feel the loss especially grievously.

Canada is proud to stand with its coalition partners in the fight against ISIL. We will continue to stand firmly together against these terrorists who threaten the peace and freedom we hold so dear at home and that we wish for those abroad.

Barbaric acts such as this do not shake our resolve but, rather, confirm the rightness of our cause and the vital necessity of our mission against ISIL. We will not be intimidated.”

therightscoop.com...

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
They tailor their statements to the official narrative. Christians aren't important to Obama and his administration.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Refuses to?

Or just didn't?

Beat me to it.

Was a question put to the press sec that specifically made them choose not to call them Christians?

I mean...they've made it pretty clear by this point they're going to avoid the religion label at all costs so...?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Cuz it will insult 1 third of the entire planet.

It's not rocket science. 75% of the world is both muslim and Christian.

Is there even a demographic open for persicution of smaller groups? Perhapse. But i would not consider muslims or christians minorities when they make up the majority of the human population. And can be frequently found all over the world.

Pretty Generic honestly. So the chances of some crazy *Muslims* There is 2600 million of them after all, is gunna be nuts and want to lob of one of the 1.7 billion chrisian heads that are bobbing around the planet right now.

How can anyone paint it for what it really is lol. Because that's what it really is.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Really they died for God and are now in a heaven with Jesus. Why should anyone be mad about that?

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Oh for crying out loud.

You lot will come up with any excuse to have a go at Obama.

From a foreigners perspective it's more than just nitpicking, it's totally ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Seems every time there is a problem...
People cry about the divide and conquer tactics...

Until it comes to a situation that suits the public more to actually call for divide and conquer nonsense.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I honestly don't like harper and i could care less what comes out of his mouth, Because when hes talking. Hes shoving secet bills through parliment.

He got voted in through Robofraud. I know for a fact i didn't vote for him in and neither did Half of Canada. Harper is just kinda *There* taking up space and funneling all the hate of canada towards him and away from the gas and energy giants that are trying to sell our country to china to allow our resources to be plundered for the sake of money. lol.

!@#$ Harper.
edit on pm2u2815Mon, 16 Feb 2015 12:45:11 -0600 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
That weasel Harper is playing to the crowd ...Do I smell an ELECTION coming?
I think so......
Hes got to win the phoneyest prime minister prize of the century....unless Tony Blair beats him out for the dubious honour.....
harper never lets a pandering opportunity go to waste...never.....

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: onequestion

Nice hyperbole. Any thoughts on why the administration refuses to call these jackholes Muslim or Islamic extreemists? Or maybe why they wont call the victims Christians?

Why so PC towards the people doing these horrible deeds?

You answered your own question. Political Correctness is king in the world of politics.

+28 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

And calling them Christian somehow makes it more horrific or something? Twenty one people were beheaded, so what if they were Christian, or Jewish, or Muslim. A title doesn't change the fact that they were murdered, or how horrific it was.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Sure it seems like not much but when you add up all of it together you get to the point where you have an islamic caliphate with the goals of killing everyone going unchallenged on the world stage.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Its obvious man and i already said it multipul times. 1 third of the freaking world is muslim. You cant just say Muslim extremists or w.e.

nearly half the world won't even understand what that means.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It does matter Zaphod...

Because it's all about who can scream "persecution" the loudest from their comfy Western living room.

That's what I get from these rally cries anyways.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join