It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House REFUSES To Call 21 Beheading Victims CHRISTIANS In Statement Against ISIS Attack

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
ISIS/ISIL wants one of the narratives to be phrased as "Muslims killing Christians."

Mr. Obama denied them that.

The leader of one nation referred to the citizens of another nation by their nationality.

Why? Because at the end of the day, this insanity ISN'T ABOUT "Muslims killing Christians" it's about a group of terrorist barbarians murdering people on camera.

Look beyond the political agenda for ten seconds.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: Awolscout

a reply to: Awolscout

oh nonsense. bush was the brunt of many jokes and accusations, as all our presidents have been since the us became a nation.

Jokes and accusations that never boiled down to say birth certificates or how he hates Christians or being a secret Muslim as though there was anything wrong with that tho?

No in Bush, Clinton, Bush, etc it was all legitimate gripes with the administration which could also be levied at Obama to be fair.

However saying that he's secretly from Africa and claiming it's totally not racism on some level isn't one of those.

but that doesn't have anything to do with criticism about his lack of clarification on a sensitive subject like this. he had no problem rubbing our noses in the fact a hispanic guy (who was conveniently called a white guy, so it could keep up with the divisive narrative) killed a black guy.

It actually has everything to do with the original post I had quoted which was addressing the nitpicking when it comes to Obama which is exactly what this is to me. Except I went a step further and wanted to address how I see it i.e. racism to some extent.

Certainly not massive and jarring, no hyperbole here but that is what the constant complete and utter dismissal of everything that he does as being malicious overall is to me personally.

While you yourself might not see it that way and just see a legitimate issue here where I with my own view point don't. It's to me readily apparent that the more extreme responses come from a place of not even necessarily self aware deep seated hate.

The guy could cure cancer and Im sure someone would still find a way to criticse him for wearing denim over khaki is basically my point.
edit on 17-2-2015 by Awolscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

it does help that the news actually reported it correctly (? who knows nowdays). however, if our only source of data on the subject (particularly the leader of a country) was not specifying every time a specific group was targeted, many specific groups could be erased from the planet without any one being the wiser, because there are so many people on the planet now.

who is keeping track of how many of these people are still alive and how many have been killed? what is the modus operandi? do the groups being targeted share a common denominator? those are important questions. i dunno why that's so hard for people to grasp. these are human rights violations.
edit on 17-2-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
p.s. some coptic christians are black, btw. and i'm defending them, even if they are not the same world view as my own, and even if their skin color is different. i don't think this issue is about race, at all.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
i'm a bit peeved that i'm being accused of being racist and unreasonable. at least i'm not suggesting people be killed based on their world view and i actually have room in my heart to have concern for people who are not the exact same brand of religion, nationality or race, as i am.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

i'm a bit peeved that i'm being accused of being racist and unreasonable. at least i'm not suggesting people be killed based on their world view and i actually have room in my heart to have concern for people who are not the exact same brand of religion as i am.

No one did that from what I can tell.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

i'm a bit peeved that i'm being accused of being racist and unreasonable. at least i'm not suggesting people be killed based on their world view and i actually have room in my heart to have concern for people who are not the exact same brand of religion as i am.

are you sure you weren't suggesting that people who disagreed with obama's handling of the situation, were racists?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

are you sure you weren't suggesting that people who disagreed with obama's handling of the situation, were racists?

Oh Im one hundred percent positive that I didnt. What I did say however is that it is extremely obvious to me how much of the various criticism does stem from racism though. You must have skimmed what I said however since I specifically clarified that it was a general statement and opinion and not a directed statement at you.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

that is good. i was beginning to think i might have to gripe for another 2 days about this. clearly someone is missing the point and it ain't me. defending people of other cultures and religious backgrounds and racial backgrounds does not equal racism. that you even brought it up here, ticks me off.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Don't worry you are in good company. The vast majority in the military can't stand anything Obama does so they must all be racists too. Oh and there is a Federal Judge down in Texas who must be racist also for halting his immigration executive orders which the vast majority of Americans are against, so again most of the country must be racist because of that too. The majority of Americans cannot understand his defeatist foreign policy so they must be racist and anyone who criticizes Obama's choice on when to golf must also be racist. There are more racists around every corner than terrorists, now that is the scary America Team Obama is portraying.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I think I finally understand Obama's total disregard for reality. Must be on crack.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

The vast majority in the military can't stand anything Obama does so they must all be racists too.

Ironically Id say at least a third of the people I ran into during my three years were.

Also ironically I said there were legitimate reasons to criticise with this not being one of them.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

that is good. i was beginning to think i might have to gripe for another 2 days about this. clearly someone is missing the point and it ain't me. defending people of other cultures and religious backgrounds and racial backgrounds does not equal racism. that you even brought it up here, ticks me off.

Except its not defending different backgrounds on this site. Its seemingly a constant whining about how christianity is persecuted and how evil Muslims are in general.

But like I said differing opinions are a thing. You see it how you see it and I see it how I see it. Personally I dig different opinions what Im not okay with is barely under the surface prejudice which goes again back to the original post Id been talking about and how it refers to the ridiculous nitpicking and what I see it stemming from.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

oh yes it is different backgrounds. if i went into a coptic church i would, 1) not understand a word they were saying, 2) even if i knew the langauge, i wouldn't know the ritual, so i still would not understand a word they were saying, 3) they would likely look upon me with suspicion because i'm a white american, 4) because i'm not remotely catholic (i mean not in the liturgical sense), they would disagree with me on several counts, 5) we have different racial, cultural and religious roots, and as a result, it would take quite a bit of effort to find a common ground. but one thing i do have a common ground with them on is jesus (muslims also believe in jesus so are they being racist if they disagree with obama?), and the simple fact they are human beings, being massacred for their religion.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

ISIS/ISIL is not going to "erase" any group of people "from the planet."

Given the 24/7 coverage these rats are being given, there is hardly any chance that this group is going to do anything to anyone without "any one being the wiser."

Did I in any way imply that there aren't important questions to be resolved with ISIL/IS? No.

Did I imply in any way that what the group is doing is not horrific, barbaric and (quite obviously) human rights violations? No.

I know that responding to my post may have merely been a point of departure for you rather than based on the content of what I claimed, but please.

Are the Christians being killed more important than the Muslims, or the Buddhists, or the Shintoists that this group has murdered?

It's not about a given religion; it's about insanity.
edit on 7Tue, 17 Feb 2015 07:37:07 -060015p072015266 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

at the end of the day, whereever they find christians, regardless of flavor, race or country of origin, they kill them. don't pussyfoot around the issue.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

at the end of the day, whereever they find christians, regardless of flavor, race or country of origin, they kill them. don't pussyfoot around the issue.

Who's pussyfooting around anything? Because I'm not claiming that the President of the United States is somehow against Christians?

ISIL/ISIS kills anyone they get their hands on. I realize that Christians are apparently more important to you.

For most people, horrendous violence is just that, and needs to be stopped. We aren't trying to make it a personal issue, or use it as another episode in the silly little Obama-bashing effort that goes on around here.

People are being murdered horribly. THAT is the point.
edit on 7Tue, 17 Feb 2015 07:41:09 -060015p072015266 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I realize that Christians are apparently more important to you.

here we go again. i don't want anyone to die. not muslims, not pagans, not atheists, not jews, not buddhists, not hindus and not christians. i just find it more than a bit disturbing what a huge increase in the slaughtering of christians has been going on, like the incident i mentioned earlier-- when people protested in france about the murders at charlie hebdo, nigerian christians were killed in nigeria by muslims. what the hell for??? and that's not all. there's a huge uptick in christians being murdered all over the world. if this was any other group, they wouldn't have to be the ones pointing it out as people like obama (and you, most likely) would be up in arms about it.

that is a disturbing trend.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

What's the title of the thread you're responding in? Yes, it implies that the President of the United States is motivated by religious indifference at best toward Christians? Which is utter nonsense.

Was the religious faith of the Jordanian pilot that was burned alive the most important issue? How about the Japanese citizens? It is the nationalities of the victims that will bring reactions of the NATIONS against these terrorists.

... there's a huge uptick in christians being murdered all over the world. if this was any other group, they wouldn't have to be the ones pointing it out as people like obama (and you, most likely) would be up in arms about it.

that is a disturbing trend.

And there it is. "The world is persecuting Christians. And no one cares."

I claim that is an outright lie. Mostly because the Egyptians blew hell out of ISIL/ISIS camps in Libya in response to the killing of their CITIZENS, Christians or otherwise.

You tipped your hand by implying that neither President Obama or I myself are up in arms about it. What a silly thing to say. Could it be that most of us in the world are upset by violence rather than buying into the idea that "Christians" are somehow being singularly targeted and oppressed?

I'd like to see your evidence that shows a greater percentage of "Christians" being killed worldwide than any other "group" as you're claiming, although I wont' hold my breath. Facts, not opinion, if you care to.

Baring that, the world is not responsible for the victim mentality of American "Christians."

Focus on the violence against humanity.
edit on 8Tue, 17 Feb 2015 08:09:33 -060015p082015266 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

So did you care when they killed non-christians this much? Cause it seems like you're implying killing 21 christians is somehow worse than killing 21 non-christians. Otherwise I'm not entirely sure why you're so adamant about the whole religion aspect and ignoring the far more vast number of murdered muslims.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join