It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 40 Ways Putin’s Russia is Alarmingly Reminiscent of 1930s Nazi Germany

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Do you support those who are self proclaimed Nazis, and thier Nazi ideology, and if so why? When I say Nazi ideology I am talking about the swastikas, symbolism, Sieg Hails, calls for genocide of other races because, racism, thinking your the master race, idolizing the racist Nazis as heroes, putting on Nazi garb, etc, etc.

No. I hope that answers the question you seem to think you are asking.

The reason why your earlier thread was closed is because you have jumbled quite a few things together and then used Russian propaganda about Ukraine as an "example." Swastikas, symbolism and Sieg Heils are not Nazi ideology. They are just symbols, and symbols can mean different things to different people. People wear fleur-de-lys jewelry all the time without realizing that it some circles it is highly political.

Although there is no denying that there are real neo-Nazis active in Ukraine, this is true everywhere, including Russia. If you went to a shady bar in your own country I can guarantee you you will see beefy guys with swastika tattoos. Those tattoos are to make them look mean and tough... it doesn't necessarily mean that they are Anti-Semitic or white supremacist.

If you go back and read this post, you would see why things may not always be what they seem.

Is Nazism on the rise in Ukraine? I doubt it. Is Fascism on the rise in Russia? Absolutely.

We now return to our usual childish bickering....

Your saying the guys with swastika tatoos who, who do Nazi salutes, are going around chanting genocide for being from a different ethnic group, which are self proclaimed Nazis arent racist white white supremacists?

Cmon dude that makes no sense, thats like saying the KKK isnt racist.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
You know I keep seeing and hearing all these declarations that Ukraine supports Nazi's because they allow the Right Sector to fight for them.

I just wonder, if someone were to invade say, The United States for example. You can bet that the KKK would be taking up arms to help defend the country. You can bet various Neo-Nazi skinhead groups in the US would be fighting along side regular army. Would that mean the U.S. then supports Nazis?

Do you support those who are self proclaimed Nazis and thier racist ideology?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

NATO cannot be seen as allowing a state or nation to do as it pleases to non-nuclear armed nations. It sets a VERY dangerous precedent that Nuclear nations can do as they please to neighbors without such weapons and not face retribution because the world fears Nuclear War. Non-proliferation will disintegrate, dozens if not hundreds of nations will start their nuclear programs. It is then only a matter of time before some regional conflict goes nuclear. Is that a future we want? One where we only delay the inevitable?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

You know I keep seeing and hearing all these declarations that Ukraine supports Nazi's because they allow the Right Sector to fight for them.

I just wonder, if someone were to invade say, The United States for example. You can bet that the KKK would be taking up arms to help defend the country. You can bet various Neo-Nazi skinhead groups in the US would be fighting along side regular army. Would that mean the U.S. then supports Nazis?

As a person, I do not. Nazi ideology is sickening. But if they wish fight alongside Ukraine in defense of their nation, I can agree with that. Just as I'd agree with letting the KKK fight against invaders in the hypothetical U.S. invasion scenario. I don't have to support an ideology to support them fighting for their country. It's when these people infiltrate government that I start to take issue. If I'm remembering correctly though, Ukrainian parliament no longer contains any Right Sector representatives.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Your saying the guys with swastika tatoos who, who do Nazi salutes, are going around chanting genocide for being from a different ethnic group, which are self proclaimed Nazis arent racist white white supremacists?

No, the ones aiming for genocide are definitely neo-Nazis. All I am saying is that you should go back and read this if you want to understand why even Ukrainians who don't share Nazi ideology tolerate certain symbols as expressions of national identity. You are trying to understand the situation I hope.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

NATO cannot be seen as allowing a state or nation to do as it pleases to non-nuclear armed nations.
It sets a VERY dangerous precedent that Nuclear nations can do as they please to neighbors without such weapons and not face retribution because the world fears Nuclear War.

*cough* Iraq *cough*

*cough* Vietnam *cough*

Precedent has already been set a decade if not 4 odd decades ago. Albit by NATO.

Though the USSR/Russia certainly are not *new* to the game either.

Hungary
Afghanistan
Georgia

so yeah that boat has passed. Not just passed but sunk.

Honestly

You really think starting world war three over Ukraine is worth it? Really?

Im sorry but I thought you were so much smarter than that.

Maybe it cause your a women and wont be called up in draft or the fact you don't live in a area were the first Russian nukes will fall?

I'm sorry but Ukraine is not worth ending the world over. And it sad some people think it is.

War with russia NO ONE WINS.
edit on 16-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

There are not fighting in defence of their country they are attacking the east of their country!

They are not the victims stop treating them as if they are

Anyone supporting the racist far right ferret faced thugs in Ukraine who are slaughtering people whom they think are not Master race potential is a racist just like them

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

You will sometimes see American military vehicles flying the Confederate flag. It doesn't mean that they are necessarily racist, it just means they consider themselves "rebels."

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Anyone supporting the racist far right ferret faced thugs in Ukraine who are slaughtering people whom they think are not Master race potential is a racist just like them

Feel the love.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

NATO cannot be seen as allowing a state or nation to do as it pleases to non-nuclear armed nations.
It sets a VERY dangerous precedent that Nuclear nations can do as they please to neighbors without such weapons and not face retribution because the world fears Nuclear War.

*cough* Iraq *cough*

*cough* Vietnam *cough*

President has already been set a decade if not 4 odd decades ago. Albit by NATO.

Honestly

You really think starting world war three over Ukraine is worth it? Really?

Im sorry but I thought you were so much smarter than that.

Maybe it cause your a women and wont be called up in draft or the fact you don't live in a area were the first Russian nukes will fall?

I'm sorry but Ukraine is not worth ending the world over. And it sad some people think it is.

War with russia NO ONE WINS.
I'm not advocating for World War of any sort. I don't want NATO in Russia. But I don't want Ukraine to fall to Russia simply because nobody is willing to stand up to them. It's a dangerous catch-22 to be sure, and I certainly don't have any good solution that doesn't lead to more death and suffering.

But most of all, I don't want a world who's afraid to stand up to an aggressive state.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

As a person, I do not. Nazi ideology is sickening. But if they wish fight alongside Ukraine in defense of their nation, I can agree with that. Just as I'd agree with letting the KKK fight against invaders in the hypothetical U.S. invasion scenario. I don't have to support an ideology to support them fighting for their country. It's when these people infiltrate government that I start to take issue. If I'm remembering correctly though, Ukrainian parliament no longer contains any Right Sector representatives.

I am just talking about the ideology of Nazism, not the fighting for thier right to have a country and all that. Sure they may have valor and such, but a Nazi master race racist is still just a Nazi. I dont have a problem with them fighting for thier country its the racist Nazi symbolism and calls of similar genocide that sets off red flags for alot of people. If they wernt claiming to be Nazis and idolizing the Nazis like they were heroes which they wernt by the way, I doubt any of this would be going on. The whole agenda is to do an ethnic cleanse of Ukraine which is just sickening, unless your with thier agenda which is a Nazi agenda.

So I get what your saying about the KKK, but at the end of the day, no they have to go, we dont want them at all. Why we even allow them to spread thier racism in this country is still a mystery to me, and those who stand with the KKK are in the wrong.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I'm a racist? That's really weird. I'm a white girl living in Japan. I must hate all of my friends here, co-workers, neighbors, etc.

Don't put your labels on me. They don't stick.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Why we even allow them to spread thier racism in this country is still a mystery to me

Because only Fascists ban political parties. Unfortunately, as I have wasted my time trying to explain, Ukraine has adopted a crazy quilt of heroes and symbolism in its search for a national identity. The neo-Nazis tap into this. Nationalists are not necessarily ultra-nationalists, and ultra-nationalists are not necessarily Nazis.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Saw your posts defending these scum when they burnt and killed so many in Odessa

Let's hope karma is true

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

yes when i read the section on foreign policy and the economy if i had not know better i would have thought that it was describing the US .

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I'm a racist? That's really weird. I'm a white girl living in Japan. I must hate all of my friends here, co-workers, neighbors, etc.

Don't put your labels on me. They don't stick.

I said if you support the nazi in Ukraine your a racist

That too difficult to understand?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I find the ideology of Nazism disgusting, and what they stand for is equally barbaric and atrocious. If I could have my way, the KKK wouldn't exist, the Right Sector wouldn't exist, Westboro Bapist wouldn't exist, etc. I hope that clarifies my position. I abhor everything about racism/nazism/bigotry/etc. There's no place for it in a civilized world. My hope is that Ukraine allows Right Sector to fight with them long enough to secure Ukraine, then turns around and bans any nazi symbology and boots any nazi sympathizers out of their country. Should any Right Sector people take part in any crimes against humanity, I hope they are immediately brought to justice.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

Saw your posts defending these scum when they burnt and killed so many in Odessa

Let's hope karma is true

My karma is clean. I soundly condemn the thugs who burned people alive. I just don't buy the Russian propaganda that says it was Ukrainians. Putin engineered a series of apartment bombings in Russia; this follows the same pattern... right down to the use of accelerants. (Why did the third floor catch fire first?) Do you believe only the United States is capable of false flags?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Ok great,that shows you have compassion and morality and I respect that

Let's hope the peace process works and Ukrainians can all heal their old wounds and strive to a better future

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I'm not asking about the United States this is about Ukraine and the far right nazi scum who somehow are given weapons a uniform and allowed to kills non members of the master race

Putin is a rsole,his lack of compassion shown to civilian casualties in the Chechen war highlight his humanity flaws-those flaws are not unique to him as all leaders seem to be blind patriots

Russia also seems anti gay and I don't think anyone on this site would want to be a investigative journalist over there:-/

Those poor bastards burnt alive or beaten to death as they jumped from the windows were done so by far right thugs not Russian false flag

Why would Russia have done it? They have not gained anything from it-if they invaded and occupied all of Ukraine from that incident alone I might see some merit in your words

From the stacks of evidence including witness accounts and many films Shown that day the case is closed,far right thugs killed while the police force did not do their duties

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join