It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 40 Ways Putin’s Russia is Alarmingly Reminiscent of 1930s Nazi Germany

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
To clarify a section of my last post.

The Russian troops stationed at the naval base in Crimea were not the troops used in securing Crimea. Those forces crossed into Ukraine from Russian.

2 completely different / distinct military units involved.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

There was no coup in Ukraine.

The parliament that impeached Yanukovych was elected in Dec 2012 and Russia accepted / recognized the results. That parliament voted to impeach Yanukovych, which passed with the number the Constitution required. Yanukovych then fled the country before they could hold the second vote, which would have been to remove him from power or find him noy guilty of the charges.

The subsequent elections held in Ukraine have all been accepted / recognized by Russia.

Simply repeating "coup" and using the term Junta (incorrectly I might add) does not make the lie a truth.

Poland has every right to be nervous since their country had been occupied first by the Nazis and then by the soviets. Since Putin is wanting to bring back the USSR, Poland, just like the Baltic nations, are a target for Putin.

The very actions the Nazis used - Propaganda, using their military to instigate an incident by having them wear Polish uniforms, burning down the Reichstag...

Russian forces invading Ukraine with no insignias on their uniform, propaganda to such an extent a media outlet is being designed to solely counter the Russian lies (Stopfake has a good selection of Russian media outright lying about the situation)....

Plenty of valid comparisons.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: DJW001

Oh, please give me a break. And overthrow of the legally elected president Yanuckovych was under the Ukrainian constitution? Of course not.

It was actually done legally within Ukraine's constitution

His own party legally kicked him out along with the rest of Ukraine's government and the vast majority of Ukraine's population supported it

As a Serbian yourself you should also know full well Russian troops are inside Ukraine along with your fellow countrymen, just because they're not wearing Russian insignia and Putin says there are not does not make it so

Russian Siberian troops?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
It is understandable that Poland is scared, since it is known that many of the right sector/svoboda thugs who initiated the coup and ensuing massacre of the people were trained in Poland. As to the cult of the leader bit....Putin may be a popular leader, but hardly has cult status. To compare, Hitler was world lauded leading up to the war, and was, as we all know, Time man of the year. Putin, on the other hand, has been demonized from the first. Hardly much similarity there. I am sure he is ambitious, and most likely sociopathic, as all of our leaders are, but I must say that I haven't seen him running around the globe slaughtering millions and leaving nations in ashes the way we have. To state that he is hell bent on expansion while protesting the innocence of our own murderous assaults on all corners of the world is like the hippo raging at the hedgehog for being glutinous.

you apparently didnt know Putin made the cover as man of the year. Kind of funny you said that huh? And as far as his track record suggest you look into the chechen war. He bombed hospitals schools and even launched a ballistic missile int a market to get the chechens to back down and keep them under Russian rule. Got so bad Finland was demanding his arrest for war crimes. He aided the US in Afghanistan something im sure you wernt aware of. He aided asaad on his slaughter campaign in Syria including advisors. His record is far from squeaky clean. But i will say one thing Putin did hold to his word. He warned Ukraine in at the NATO-Russia summit in 2008 that if Ukraine joined NATO Russia could contend to annex the Ukrainian East and Crimea. Also why the US was was blocking any thoughts of Ukraine joining NATO. In fact this crisis in Ukraine is the only chance they would have of joining prior to that no US president would allow it. Ironic actually Putin created a situation where its hard to tell them no.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I think most people with any common sense can see that all the points you listed in your OP are BS, have no real evidence, and are just to attempt to demonize Russia.

The things in your OP could be said for every country on earth, and every leader on earth.

Some may believe the propaganda, that doesnt make it true.

We need to see that we are all one people and attempts to turn us on each other are misguided and wrong.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I think most people with any common sense can see that all the points you listed in your OP are BS, have no real evidence, and are just to attempt to demonize Russia.

Just as all the accusations you make against Ukraine are BS.

The things in your OP could be said for every country on earth, and every leader on earth.

Just as the Nazi fetishism you enjoy posting videos of can be found in every country.

Then why keep hijacking threads with it?

We need to see that we are all one people and attempts to turn us on each other are misguided and wrong.

Except, of course, for Ukrainians, who are inhuman genocidal monsters.

Thank you for flying your true colors by defending Fascist Russia. Russian Imperialism is a good thing in your eyes, I guess. All of those civilians dying in Ukraine because Putin needs to keep his neighbors weak must be okay then.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

I'd say several of the comparisons are spot on.Do I think Putin is a NazI no I dont. But I do believe he studied Hitler and his version of Nationalism. Frankly Hitler was a genius in the area of manipulation. And you see Putin copies it well let's hope he doesn't continue his present path.
edit on 2/18/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

But I do believe he studied Hitler and his version of Nationalism.

And where is the proof about that ?

And which leaders have done the same study ?

And if they did, means having studied the matter that someone is going to act in the same manner ?

Or where you just trying to plant the suggestion that we should compare Putin with Hitler because Putin needs to be bad mouthed...?
edit on 18 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: dragonridr

But I do believe he studied Hitler and his version of Nationalism.

And where is the proof about that ?

And which leaders have done the same study ?

And if they did, means having studied the matter that someone is going to act in the same manner ?

Or where you just trying to plant the suggestion that we should compare Putin with Hitler because Putin needs to be bad mouthed...?

One is judged by there actions.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join