It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 40 Ways Putin’s Russia is Alarmingly Reminiscent of 1930s Nazi Germany

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Over 40 Ways Putin’s Russia is Alarmingly Reminiscent of 1930s Nazi Germany

The Leader
1.Political power consolidated in hands of one authoritarian figure
2.One powerful leader surrounded by a core group of lesser, key cronies
3.Support for The Leader from industrialists / oligarchs
4.Leader is unwilling to cede power/leave office
5.Leader harbors enormous resentment towards the West
6.Cult of the leader
7.Indoctrinated youth movement devoted to The Leader personally, and is used to attack regime’s “enemies”

The Plan
8.Exploitation of democratic structures to establish and legitimize authoritarian rule
9.Manipulation of electoral process to ensure desired outcomes
10.Rubber-stamp parliament
11.Façade/trappings of democracy without actual substance, checks & balances

The Legal & Judicial Systems
12.Law enforcement used to suppress political dissent
13.Judiciary subverted to serve as regime’s politicized instrument
14.Punitive use of “psychiatric treatment”
15.Expropriation of property and trumped-up criminal charges against regime opponents / dissenters

Domestic Political Environment
16.Persecution and arrest of potential political opponents
17.Marginalization of political parties (other than the one personally linked to The Leader)
18.Exploitation of claimed domestic security threat to justify increase security service power
19.Growth in security services’ powers, authorities and role
20.Emigration out of the country (political dissenters “voting with their feet”, brain drain)

News Media & Propaganda
21.Long-term campaign to achieve absolute regime control over mainstream news media
22.Suppression of independent news media
23.Persecution (and worse) of journalists
24.Heavy government investment in propaganda; “Big Lie” approach & dissemination of outright fabrications
25.Use of propaganda to brainwash, and ensure support of, domestic population

Recurring Themes
26.Claimed moral superiority over decadent West
27.Struggles against West described in stark, existentialist terms
28.Xenophobic nationalism and claims of foreign “threats”, encirclement
29.Revisionist history
30.Revanchism
31.Irredentism

Foreign Policy
32.Stated need to protect ethnic, linguistic “brothers” residing abroad used to justify interference in neighbor’s internal affairs, invasion and annexation of territory
33.Threats and belligerence towards neighboring countries
34.Use of military force to achieve foreign policy objectives
35.Annexation of foreign territory and attempt to legitimize annexation via rigged plebiscite
36.Military occupation of sovereign states’ territory

Social Policy
37.Reproductive policies: State campaign, programs to increase fertility and birth rate
38.Campaign against foreign words “polluting” the language
39.Persecution of homosexuals

Economy
40.Substantial increase in military expenditures (especially compared to amount invested in health care and social services)
41.Unsustainable, imbalanced economic system (RUS overreliance on selling natural resources)

All in all I say spot on. An accurate observation that many of us have stated and many others have denied.

To further the list with my own observations and the link between now and Europe in the 1930's -
* - European Government's failure to see what Putin is doing as a threat.
* - European government's push for appeasement.
* - Constantly ignoring Putin's failures to live up to his obligations / treaties.
* - Refusal to hold Putin accountable.
* - Economics being put above European security.
* - Failing to support nations who are the target of Russian aggression - Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, etc.
* - The inability for leaders to see that Putin's actions are based on his own self image / arrogance / ego, ignoring just how dangerous that can be.
* - The fact some European leaders are to afraid to do anything militarily because of their countries involvement in the 1930's, ignoring the fact they have an opportunity to prevent it from occurring again by taking a stand.

To those who disagree -

You are more than welcome to post your comparison of this list to the west. All I ask is you at least link to sources to support why you think it applies.
edit on 14-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+46 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Sounds a lot like the Obama administration.

Zing!

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
Sounds a lot like the Obama administration.

Zing!

sure..

like what?

examples?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Identical, other than the fact that we at least spice things up in the US by switching out talking heads every 8 years.

We of course are slipping, considering how it is always the same families.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
I wonder if anyone buys what the op is selling, because I think its just a bunch of hate mongering BS. No star and flag for youz!

Same sentiment here, and at such a delicate time, and all based here, at least on a dodgy blog that looks more like a 'to do' manual.

edit on 14-2-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I wonder if anyone buys what the op is selling, because I think its just a bunch of hate mongering BS. No star and flag for youz!

Angry and jealous, party of 1, your table is ready..

So you cant refute anything listed.

check

Like I said no one is buying this hate mongering BS, its full on propaganda.
edit on 14-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Are you willing to travel to Ukraine to fight for your beloved brothers in arms, or do you just like to stir the pot?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Then you need to refute the claims and provide sources when you do.

Considering your position you should be able to do this with no problem.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Same sentiment here, and at such a delicate time, and all based here, at least on a dodgy blog that looks more like a 'to do' manual.

Considering the source stated its something she had been thinking about, and no claims have been made other than observations, you guys are falling short of the intent.

Its fine if you disagree with some or all of what she posted. Either refute the claims / opinion or move to another thread and stop derailing this one with useless banter.

You gave us your opinion.. move on.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Then you need to refute the claims and provide sources when you do.

Considering your position you should be able to do this with no problem.

I refute hatred of my fellow human beings, and those who would attempt to further divide and cause more strife on the planet.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1970
Are you willing to travel to Ukraine to fight for your beloved brothers in arms, or do you just like to stir the pot?

Are you wanting to engage in debate over the topic or are you just stirring the pot by being off topic?

And yes I think the US and NATO should roll in and force Russian forces back into their own country. Appeasement only gives putin more of an incentive to act like Hitler.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Considering the source stated its something she had been thinking about, and no claims have been made other than observations, you guys are falling short of the intent.

Its fine if you disagree with some or all of what she posted. Either refute the claims / opinion or move to another thread and stop derailing this one with useless banter.

You gave us your opinion.. move on.

You cant silence me thats against ATS T&C, I have the right to express my opininion if you dont like it too bad, its a free country, and a free internet.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Are you wanting to engage in debate over the topic or are you just stirring the pot by being off topic?

And yes I think the US and NATO should roll in and force Russian forces back into their own country. Appeasement only gives putin more of an incentive to act like Hitler.

That would just about sum it up. This keyboard warrior wants to spew hatred and propaganda towards Russia but doesn't have the balls to fight, send the kids off to fight and die he/she says

edit on 14-2-2015 by James1970 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Lol did you make that blog yourself?

Cheers for the chuckles lol.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

That would just about sum it up. This keyboard warrior wants to spew hatred and propaganda towards Ruaia but doesn't have the balls to fight, send the kids off to fight and die he says.

I know right its lunacy why should people fight that never helps anything, why try to get others to fight when you yourself dont want to go and fight. Classic do as I say not as I do type of thing.
He could join the Ukraine military if he wanted, but that would be acting instead of being a keyboard warrior.

I think we need more peace not more war.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
So what, putin is a Nazi now? Give me a break!

Same propoganda different thread.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join