It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 40 Ways Putin’s Russia is Alarmingly Reminiscent of 1930s Nazi Germany

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: DJW001

Damn, you are taking it too far. You really want that raise, huh?
All stuff you are saying is just ridiculous and I cannot honestly believe that even you are buying any of this. Of course, Russians have been lying since the beginning of the mankind with only one purpose to...I have nothing, because I don't see a point, but obviously you can see it. Ridiculous, I do not think anyone is taking you seriously.

Did you even read what I posted? I actually gave props to your hero Tito!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

a reply to: DJW001

Damn, you are taking it too far. You really want that raise, huh?
All stuff you are saying is just ridiculous and I cannot honestly believe that even you are buying any of this. Of course, Russians have been lying since the beginning of the mankind with only one purpose to...I have nothing, because I don't see a point, but obviously you can see it. Ridiculous, I do not think anyone is taking you seriously.
Here's a novel idea, if you think his claims are ridiculous, show some evidence to PROVE him wrong, instead of just:
1) (not so) Subtly accuse him of being a paid shill.
2) Call it "ridiculous" with no supporting documents or information to disprove his claims, or support your own.
3) Offhandedly claim nobody is taking him seriously.

You could give a metered, thoughtful response that gives supporting information to show your side of things.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Xcathdra

No, what's disingenuous is comparing people to Nazis when they have done none of the heinous things the Nazis did...

Nobody thinks about the things on that propaganda list when they hear "he's a Nazi"...

You know it, the blogger knows it, the West know it, we all know it...

People think about the Genocide & everything else heinous...

Don't play dumb by saying "but they did these things as well"...

You know as well as anyone that aside from Historians, Nazis and people looking for comparisons nobody will think about the things listed...

You know as well as anyone what the average person thinks about when they hear the comparison.

That's disingenuous... By definition!

I think the comparisons are directed at the movements and stances of the pre-war Germans and their desire for expansionism and the current Russians with their desire for expansionism and there are definitely parallels, including the stated desire to "liberate" ethnic countrymen in foreign nations and to "regain" territories they consider "lost."

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

All I did was point out that the paper that some people think "proves" that the Kyiv government is run by Nazis actually supports my contention that the "Nazi" symbolism some Ukrainians use and the elevation of Fascists to the role of national heroes does not necessarily mean that Ukrainians have embraced Nazi ideology.

Nikola, please go back and read this post and the paper it links to:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

For an example of how other newly independent European nations have chosen dubious "heroes" in the name of national unity:

romaniatourism.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Well, he made a crazy, ridiculous assumption, and I should provide evidence that prove him wrong? No thanks, I will just leave it to people's logic. And, how exactly can you give a proof that Russians haven't actually been brain washing people's mind? Come on, am I the only one who thinks how ridiculous that sounds? And what's even more funnier is you asking me to show evidence that will oppose that...

DJW001 you even bothered to see to what post did i reply to?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Well, he made a crazy, ridiculous assumption, and I should provide evidence that prove him wrong? No thanks, I will just leave it to people's logic. And, how exactly can you give a proof that Russians haven't actually been brain washing people's mind? Come on, am I the only one who thinks how ridiculous that sounds? And what's even more funnier is you asking me to show evidence that will oppose that...

DJW001 you even bothered to see to what post did i reply to?
If you think it's crazy and ridiculous, show him WHY it's crazy and ridiculous, rather than just stating as such and then implying those who don't see it your way aren't "thinking logically". I'm not asking you prove your OWN statements, that's way too much to ask, all I'm asking is that you prove his statements wrong.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

I'm not even sure what post you're replying to. If you are referring to my claim that Russian agents are spreading the myth that the Kyiv government is run by Nazis, they had better be! That is what they are paid for.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

3) Offhandedly claim nobody is taking him seriously.

Its hard to take him seriously when he advocates starting WW3 and killing us all.

originally posted by: Xcathdra

And yes I think the US and NATO should roll in and force Russian forces back into their own country. Appeasement only gives putin more of an incentive to act like Hitler.

I mean WTF ? What sane person advocates that!

No one wins we all lose!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Its hard to take him seriously when he advocates starting WW3 and killing us all.

That is not what he is advocating. He is advocating giving Putin a bloody nose so that he will realize that future expansion will cost him more than just economic sanctions. If you think that Putin would respond with nuclear weapons, you believe him to be a madman. Should we allow a madman to dictate the future of Europe?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

I am struggling to understand this statement, is he alluding to the fact that neo Nazis are more widely accepted in Ukraine than we are led to believe?

No, he seems to mean that Western governments are more tolerant of right wing politics than left wing politics. If protesters in Kyiv were raising the hammer and sickle, the US would probably have supported Yanukovych. Anti-Americans make a similar error when they support demagogues like Assad simply because he denounces Israel and the United States.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Mods said we should discuss this here on this thread however I think it belongs in a thread of its own, its all about where you stand on the Nazi ideology and those who live by it. Do you support those who are self proclaimed Nazis, and thier Nazi ideology, and if so why? When I say Nazi ideology I am talking about the swastikas, symbolism, Sieg Hails, calls for genocide of other races because, racism, thinking your the master race, idolizing the racist Nazis as heroes, putting on Nazi garb, etc, etc.

Ok so in the Ukraine there are some who are calling themselves the "Right Sector" they use Nazi symbolism and pride themselves on the one people one nation idea. Meaning they want to ethnically cleanse the country of non white Ukrainians.

I feel that racists are in the wrong, and need to be called out when we see them, they have been in the news with thier agenda for some time and in American media they are often portrayed as the good side or the side of democracy and justice.

Does anyone support the Nazi ideology which is becoming a trend in our modern world, the Nazi ideology is a set of conscious and unconscious ideas which make up one's belief goals, expectations, and actions.

The Far Right nazism is about nationalism, including both irredentism and expansionism. Irredentism is any political or popular movement intended to reclaim and reoccupy a lost homeland. Nazism holds racial theories based upon the belief of the existence of an Aryan master race that was believed to be superior to all other races. The Nazis of old emphasised the existence of racial conflict between the Aryan race and others, particularly those of Jewish decent, however now its the Russians with the modern day Nazis.

Is America and the EU on the right side on this one, or have we lost our way?
The far right seems to represent everything we as nations are supposed to be against.

So who stands behind these guys and supports them?
Do you stand with those who are pushing a semi Nazi agenda?
Do you support Nazis, if so why?
I would like to know who believes that the far right in with thier Nazi symbolism Ukraine is good and just, who believes they are in the wrong with the Nazi symbolism and why you think so?

Here we have people talking about Nazi ideology like its totally ok in our modern age. Are we destined to repeat the mistakes of the past?

These guys are proud of thier Nazi symbolism and show it with pride, like its cool to be a Nazi.

Some really bad Nazi slam dancing kung fu and seig hail Nazi salutes, you cant make this stuff up.

Indoctrination of innocent little kids talking about genocide like its totally a cool thing to do. This is just wrong on so many levels.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

I am struggling to understand this statement, is he alluding to the fact that neo Nazis are more widely accepted in Ukraine than we are led to believe?

No, he seems to mean that Western governments are more tolerant of right wing politics than left wing politics. If protesters in Kyiv were raising the hammer and sickle, the US would probably have supported Yanukovych. Anti-Americans make a similar error when they support demagogues like Assad simply because he denounces Israel and the United States.

He is specifically taking about ultra nationalist groups in Ukraine, nothing else. His exact quote was

Columbia university historian Tarik Cyril Amar describes the situation in western Ukraine as the "no enemies to the right syndrome".

The whole article is about the rise of ultra nationalism and neo Nazi groups in Ukraine, nothing to do with western governments, why are you trying to twist it?
edit on 16-2-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

He is specifically taking about ultra nationalist groups in Ukraine, nothing else. His exact quote was

Columbia university historian Tarik Cyril Amar describes the situation in western Ukraine as the "no enemies to the right syndrome".

The whole article is about the rise of ultra nationalism and neo Nazi groups in Ukraine, nothing to do with western governments, why are you trying to twist it?

Why are you accusing me of twisting things? I couldn't even find the quote you are discussing. Also, why are you accusing me of twisting things in a way that agrees with your view of the United States? Force of habit?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
You know I keep seeing and hearing all these declarations that Ukraine supports Nazi's because they allow the Right Sector to fight for them.

I just wonder, if someone were to invade say, The United States for example. You can bet that the KKK would be taking up arms to help defend the country. You can bet various Neo-Nazi skinhead groups in the US would be fighting along side regular army. Would that mean the U.S. then supports Nazis?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Do you support those who are self proclaimed Nazis, and thier Nazi ideology, and if so why? When I say Nazi ideology I am talking about the swastikas, symbolism, Sieg Hails, calls for genocide of other races because, racism, thinking your the master race, idolizing the racist Nazis as heroes, putting on Nazi garb, etc, etc.

No. I hope that answers the question you seem to think you are asking.

The reason why your earlier thread was closed is because you have jumbled quite a few things together and then used Russian propaganda about Ukraine as an "example." Swastikas, symbolism and Sieg Heils are not Nazi ideology. They are just symbols, and symbols can mean different things to different people. People wear fleur-de-lys jewelry all the time without realizing that it some circles it is highly political.

Although there is no denying that there are real neo-Nazis active in Ukraine, this is true everywhere, including Russia. If you went to a shady bar in your own country I can guarantee you you will see beefy guys with swastika tattoos. Those tattoos are to make them look mean and tough... it doesn't necessarily mean that they are Anti-Semitic or white supremacist.

If you go back and read this post, you would see why things may not always be what they seem.

Is Nazism on the rise in Ukraine? I doubt it. Is Fascism on the rise in Russia? Absolutely.

We now return to our usual childish bickering....

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Why are you accusing me of twisting things? I couldn't even find the quote you are discussing. Also, why are you accusing me of twisting things in a way that agrees with your view of the United States? Force of habit?

If you don't know the quote I'm talking about why are you commenting on it here?

Adding what you think it is rather than what it actually is.

PS you mentioned the States I was only talking about Ukraine ultra nationalists, nothing else.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

If you don't know the quote I'm talking about why are you commenting on it here?

T&C says that you need to link to quotations. I could not find a link to the quotation. Rather than report a T&C violation, I tried to be helpful and provide a possible explanation. Do you disagree with my statement that the United States tends to be more tolerant of right wing movements than left wing ones?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

That is not what he is advocating. He is advocating giving Putin a bloody nose so that he will realize that future expansion will cost him more than just economic sanctions.

And things have a nasty habit of escalating.

So many what ifs.

What if Russia withdraw to the Russian border and launch attacks and artillery strikes across that? Well the USA attack into Russian territory? That will trigger a tactical nuclear response from Russia as they wont let ANY home land fall to NATO.

If you think that Putin would respond with nuclear weapons, you believe him to be a madman. Should we allow a madman to dictate the future of Europe?

A mad man contained to bully a handful of unaligned 3rd world states on his border.

Putin is NOT dictating f all to Europe and wont ever me as we have our OWN nuclear deterrent with France and UK plus any nukes the USA loans to Germany.

USA has bases in Poland and the Baltic states so if they are ever attacked the USA is dragged directly into it.

Putin can rant and rave all he likes. His influence ends were Europe and NATO borders begin.

He can have Ukraine. There fault for giving up there deterrent and not aligning with NATO.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

A mad man contained to bully a handful of unaligned 3rd world states on his border.

Even Hitler had to start somewhere.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

T&C says that you need to link to quotations. I could not find a link to the quotation. Rather than report a T&C violation, I tried to be helpful and provide a possible explanation. Do you disagree with my statement that the United States tends to be more tolerant of right wing movements than left wing ones?

The original quote is in the post before me, right above that first post. The link was there all along, not my fault if you missed it in your knee jerk reactions. But of course you are reading everything and not just blindly posting, right? Right?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join