It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-CIA chief admits to UFO disinformation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
a reply to: DelMarvel

I have googled MJ-12. I understand that it was set up by Truman in the late 1940's to investigate UFO sightings. My problem stems from references to MJ-12 in the present sense by folks here on ATS. Does it still exist? Who do they report to? Who's in charge? What do they do officially?

I don't know what the current stories are but I can guarantee that you won't find any credible evidence that MJ-12 exists now ( if it ever did.)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The GOV dont need to move a finger nowdays to deny some UFOs are from ET's, same people do it, heck look to this treath for an example! in the 40s to the 80's yes they would send blacks ops to deal with any leaking stuff or send disinfo agents, today thanks to the internet the same people denies and mud the stuff they dont need to use resources for that and with so many hoaxes flying around makes people think that everything is an hoax or is "creazy", period.

Why would the Gov , Sciences and even Religions deny that there are ET's around coming and going to planet Earth at this point of time? simply because they would loose power and credibility and more if they knew before the common public about it, yep thats the only freaking reason, people would start to believe in ET's more and Gov will start to loose power, same with religion and new sciences and thats bad for their businesees!. Exactly what happen to the power of Religion institutions when sciences appear and the enlightment came, now the sciences is the "new religion" and the Religion itself loose that prominent power in the world (doesnt mean they dont have any today but its less). Now imagine what face would The Gov, the Science and Religion put if the ET presence was truth and some of this participants knew about it? total loose of credibility in publics eyes.

But dont worry, this will not happen today, or tomorrow or the next year, in 2 or 3 centuries maybe and when this happens it will be common knowledge and humans would have already some public bases on the moon and mars for enjoyment (we already have some but are blacks ops only and military purpose).

People ask then why Et's dont make themselves present??? they just need to fly their their ships around, they have been doing that at least 60 plus years and what would people think know? at least they see it like a possibility now not like 100% creazy mumbo jumbo, at least the skeptics can say "maybe" now and not a no way Jose in your mind, at least today we can discuss it, imagine this in the 19 century or 18 century 17 or 16??? remember the inquisition? at least today you are not burn alive and thats a gain for talk it freely about it.

Of course the human history has lots to do with Et's from the beginning but thats other cup of tea

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Good thread.

Eyewitness testimony is used in courts of law around the world and some people get the death penalty on the basis of eye witness testimony alone. Why isn't eyewitness testimony good enough for UFO debunkers? I realize there are a lot of crackpots out there but there are some intriguing accounts from some very credible sources, who really don't need the money, aren't writing book and aren't seeking fame.

Leads to the second point...I think 99% of all UFO accounts, abduction stories and anomalies on Mars etc..are fake, false, mistakes etc. it's the other 1% that intrigues me. That this guy says this is interesting. It only takes one or several of these accounts to be true. Obama's aid is another one. Why come forth now with that statement? He's relatively famous, and wealthy and has power...why sabatage that with a UFO claim.

It's these types of accounts that really bring home the belief...and not some weird true believer belief..that we have been visited by aliens and our governments know this or have had some kind of contact or physical evidence.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexDJ
people would start to believe in ET's more and Gov will start to loose power, same with religion and new sciences and thats bad for their businesees!.

One problem with this line of reasoning is that a huge percentage of the American people actually do believe in ETs and it hasn't done anything yet to reduce the power of the government.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Good thread.

Eyewitness testimony is used in courts of law around the world and some people get the death penalty on the basis of eye witness testimony alone.

Nobody ever gets the death penalty based on eyewitness testimony alone.

Assuming murder--for starters, there has to the physical body of an actual dead person or at the very least a missing person whose previous physical existence can be verified.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

Good thread.

Eyewitness testimony is used in courts of law around the world and some people get the death penalty on the basis of eye witness testimony alone.

Assuming murder--for starters, there has to the physical body of an actual dead person or at the very least a missing person whose previous physical existence can be verified.

You're missing the point, which is: Eye witness testimony is valid in a court of law why not when discussing ufos?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
They have managed to condition a large portion of society to reject the UFO phenomenon . Now just think how many other ways they are controlling the minds of the masses ?

In just about every way possible

Good news is some of us are immune

edit on 16-2-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexDJ
people would start to believe in ET's more and Gov will start to loose power, same with religion and new sciences and thats bad for their businesees!.

One problem with this line of reasoning is that a huge percentage of the American people actually do believe in ETs and it hasn't done anything yet to reduce the power of the government.

It is for plausible deniability. The ptb know they can only do so much. They cant stop people from looking to the sky and see what is there "not yet" however they wont implicate themselves either. No matter how much military brass they threatened some will talk on a death bed when nothing to lose.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Eye witness testimony is valid in a court of law why not when discussing ufos?

i don't think anybody would dispute that people see things in the sky that they can't identify

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

No matter how much military brass they threatened some will talk on a death bed when nothing to lose.

Good point. What do we have from the last sixty years or so on that front?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i am deeply unsurprised that the CIA, like all other such groups, would use disinformation tactics with regard to UFOs (and more). deception, obfuscation and slight of hand seem hard-wired into the 'dna' of similar organisations worldwide. on any subject.

it's in their blood.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You're missing the point, which is: Eye witness testimony is valid in a court of law why not when discussing ufos?

Eye witness testimony is valid its just not enough to clinch the deal. Its also one thing to identify a face or a car but quite another to identify something that is not really known to exist. I think we all agree that UFOs exist, but not that aliens are responsible for them. Witness testimony identifying something as an "alien" just doesn't work until we all can understand what that means.

What would be the outcome of a murder trial if eyewitness testimony was that a UFO or an alien committed the murder?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

Eye witness testimony is valid its just not enough to clinch the deal. Its also one thing to identify a face or a car but quite another to identify something that is not really known to exist. I think we all agree that UFOs exist, but not that aliens are responsible for them. Witness testimony identifying something as an "alien" just doesn't work until we all can understand what that means.

What would be the outcome of a murder trial if eyewitness testimony was that a UFO or an alien committed the murder?

True enough, but I think we discount too much eyewitness testimony when it comes to discussing UFOs or more directly Aliens. If a high ranking government official, military commander, pilot, or even a citizen who claims to see something...we shouldn't discount the eyewitness account off hand, it should be taken into consideration.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

...we shouldn't discount the eyewitness account off hand, it should be taken into consideration.

I agree. Even if the object is later identified as something known, we should consider what that means also and not discard those accounts either.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

...we shouldn't discount the eyewitness account off hand, it should be taken into consideration.

I agree. Even if the object is later identified as something known, we should consider what that means also and not discard those accounts either.

Exactly. Too often we just discount anything we disagree with without listening or looking at the evidence presented to us. We do with with Aliens all the time and we sure do it with Politics.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Good thread.

No, you are missing the point. No trial will be won purely on eye witness testimony. And if there is, it will be for very small time felonies.

Alien spaceships is a pretty big deal...hence why we don't buy it (us debunkers) purely on eyewitness testimony. We need actual evidence.

Every single person in the civilised world (well. almost every person) has an HD video camera and a super high pixel still camera in their phones these days....where are the MILLIONS of incredible, detailed, LONG, films of alien craft? Why, in this day and age are they still so blurry, idiotic and just plain fake. You just have to have a look at the laughable "evidence" in the UFO sub folder. Not a single decent video. Even though we cal all record hours of 1080p footage..amazing

Then there is the question i always pose that no one even touches Why are these super smart aliens who dont want to disclose themselves fully yet LEAVING THEIR LIGHTS ON AND FLASHING?

"Hey, Zorg...we are over London, did you turn the lights outside the ship off?"
"...oh Shazbat! I fogot"

Lastly, why would the govt talk about aliens? Even just to deny them? Because it would make them look like you guys who are still fooled by Venus shining brightly every single year. Should they also say that Santa Claus is not real? Or pixies?

Life exists elsewhere in the universe..i believe that with all my heart. But aint none of them been here to visit us. Yet.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

We are proof of all those dead grandpa's. Aren't we? How could we be here otherwise.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Eyewitness misidentification is the cause of many convictions that were later overturned by DNA testing.
I'm betting there were executions based on misidentification too.

www.innocenceproject.org...

According to these guys it's the single biggest cause of wrongful convictions.
Even though it's proven that memory is not reliable.
reply to: DelMarvel

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Good thread.

No, you are missing the point. No trial will be won purely on eye witness testimony. And if there is, it will be for very small time felonies.

Alien spaceships is a pretty big deal...hence why we don't buy it (us debunkers) purely on eyewitness testimony. We need actual evidence.

Every single person in the civilised world (well. almost every person) has an HD video camera and a super high pixel still camera in their phones these days....where are the MILLIONS of incredible, detailed, LONG, films of alien craft? Why, in this day and age are they still so blurry, idiotic and just plain fake. You just have to have a look at the laughable "evidence" in the UFO sub folder. Not a single decent video. Even though we cal all record hours of 1080p footage..amazing

Then there is the question i always pose that no one even touches Why are these super smart aliens who dont want to disclose themselves fully yet LEAVING THEIR LIGHTS ON AND FLASHING?

"Hey, Zorg...we are over London, did you turn the lights outside the ship off?"
"...oh Shazbat! I fogot"

Lastly, why would the govt talk about aliens? Even just to deny them? Because it would make them look like you guys who are still fooled by Venus shining brightly every single year. Should they also say that Santa Claus is not real? Or pixies?

Life exists elsewhere in the universe..i believe that with all my heart. But aint none of them been here to visit us. Yet.

I get that you need the evidence and I need it too. If you do a simple google search you'll find dozens of people convicted via mainly eyewitness testimony. I only state that because eye witness testimony does have a big impact on us. Our history books are filled with nothing BUT eyewitness testimony.

And I'm not talking about all the lights, all the abduction cases, all the "Blarg left the lights on over london again..." things. I'm talking about the 1%. Like why do certain high ranking officials say these things, when they're already powerful, famous and wealthy and set for life. Some of these testimonies are so intriguing. That's what I'm talking about. I'm saying that we can't discount anything with first looking at it. We must weigh the evidence and testimony first and judge and debunk later. That's the way it should work...right?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

A judicial example equivalant to almost all UFO or alien encounter reports would be a case where a witness claimed to see a murder but did not know who was allegedly killed, where no one was reported missing and where no other evidence of a murder existed.

No one would ever be convicted in that situation.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join