It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-CIA chief admits to UFO disinformation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

originally posted by: aynock
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Here we have an Ex-CIA chief and navy admiral saying the government has engaged in a disinfo campaign with UFO's

indeed - maybe they've managed to convince a lot of people that ufos are alien space craft

Please show me where anyone from the government has officially said that.

The government may have some incredible secret tech today, but UFO's with incredible performance characteristics were seen by the hundreds in the late 1940's, when the world was just a few years into the jet age and not yet in the computer age.

Please offer me an explanation of what these craft were and where they were from if the best scientists and military personnel of that time were saying it was impossible that any country on Earth had produced them. Really, I'm very curious - I would love to hear it.

Because UFOs aren't alien space craft doesn't mean they are secret craft from the military... or at least aside from a few.

Ever read from Jacques Vallée's theory of the "system of control"?

Or that awesome documentary from the '70s?

They could very well be either transdimensional or from some future highly-advanced civilization that masters time travel.

Perhaps the reason why the governments don't want to disclose what they know is because it's REALLY a question of "national security"...
edit on 17/2/15 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CollisioN

The meaning of silence

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

It seems to me there is no ambiguity when R. Reagan used the word ALIEN in different places of his speaking. He was talking about alien threat from outside this world and of course it should be the same meaning of alien when he asked "And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us?" And most important of all, he did not used subjunctive mood! AS to the final alien, it has totally different meaning by saying "What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war? "

R. Reagan was serious ,very serious about E.T. and he must know something!

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: amazing
Good thread.

Eyewitness testimony is used in courts of law around the world and some people get the death penalty on the basis of eye witness testimony alone.

Nobody ever gets the death penalty based on eyewitness testimony alone.

Assuming murder--for starters, there has to the physical body of an actual dead person or at the very least a missing person whose previous physical existence can be verified.

You're missing the point, which is: Eye witness testimony is valid in a court of law why not when discussing ufos?

No, you are missing the point. No trial will be won purely on eye witness testimony. And if there is, it will be for very small time felonies.

Alien spaceships is a pretty big deal...hence why we don't buy it (us debunkers) purely on eyewitness testimony. We need actual evidence.

Every single person in the civilised world (well. almost every person) has an HD video camera and a super high pixel still camera in their phones these days....where are the MILLIONS of incredible, detailed, LONG, films of alien craft? Why, in this day and age are they still so blurry, idiotic and just plain fake. You just have to have a look at the laughable "evidence" in the UFO sub folder. Not a single decent video. Even though we cal all record hours of 1080p footage..amazing

Then there is the question i always pose that no one even touches Why are these super smart aliens who dont want to disclose themselves fully yet LEAVING THEIR LIGHTS ON AND FLASHING?

"Hey, Zorg...we are over London, did you turn the lights outside the ship off?"
"...oh Shazbat! I fogot"

Lastly, why would the govt talk about aliens? Even just to deny them? Because it would make them look like you guys who are still fooled by Venus shining brightly every single year. Should they also say that Santa Claus is not real? Or pixies?

Life exists elsewhere in the universe..i believe that with all my heart. But aint none of them been here to visit us. Yet.

HD equipments do not ensure you a clear image. Considering the distance, the speed, the size of a UFO, it is in fact very very very difficult to catch a very clear UFO image in which case you have to use telephoto lens. Even equiped with VR lens, it is still a problem and a tripod is a must in most cases. So how many people would be equiped with a VR lens and a tripod ready for unexpected UFOs?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Paperjacket

It seems to me there is no ambiguity when R. Reagan used the word ALIEN in different places of his speaking. He was talking about alien threat from outside this world and of course it should be the same meaning of alien when he asked "And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us?" And most important of all, he did not used subjunctive mood! AS to the final alien, it has totally different meaning by saying "What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war? "

Reagan had Alzheimers

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

He had a UFO sighting. Some people who have had UFO experiences think they know something. Sometimes they think the UFO is aliens. But all they really know is they saw something they couldn't identify, which doesn't necessarily mean it's aliens. That doesn't stop some people from jumping to the conclusion that what they saw was aliens, even if it wasn't.

Ronald Reagan sees a UFO

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Echtelion

I agree, I'm totally open to that possibility, of future time travellers. However, when the visitors are described, they are more often described as what we know as the "typical" greys, rarely are they described as the Nordic type.

If people are going to consider that far-fetched possibility, the alien possibility should be equally considered.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
a reply to: DelMarvel

I have googled MJ-12. I understand that it was set up by Truman in the late 1940's to investigate UFO sightings. My problem stems from references to MJ-12 in the present sense by folks here on ATS. Does it still exist? Who do they report to? Who's in charge? What do they do officially?

Here are a bunch of articles on MJ 12, but please, that is a whole topic in itself, there are many threads on here about it, to talk about it much will really take this thread off topic:

MJ 12 compendium
edit on 17-2-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

Reagan had Alzheimers

Not then back to 1980s, or he just could not be elected as the president.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Echtelion

Because UFOs aren't alien space craft doesn't mean they are secret craft from the military... or at least aside from a few.

Ever read from Jacques Vallée's theory of the "system of control"?

To be fair to Jacques Vallee, he hasn't ruled out the ETH entirely and has always included features of advanced (to us) technology within his hypothetical 'control system.'

He's essentially speculating about a form of intelligence that can move through time and space and exercises subtle control over humanity. If he's anywhere close to being accurate, it could be ET and ID all at once with military ingredients too. People being people, none of us know all the answers and still we like to pin labels on unexplored territories. ATS must get 10000 posts a year arguing that IDH or ETH is the winner.

'Here be dragons'

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

He had a UFO sighting. Some people who have had UFO experiences think they know something. Sometimes they think the UFO is aliens. But all they really know is they saw something they couldn't identify, which doesn't necessarily mean it's aliens. That doesn't stop some people from jumping to the conclusion that what they saw was aliens, even if it wasn't.

Ronald Reagan sees a UFO

Not applicable to Reagan's case. He was addressing to the U.N. and every word and every sentence was carefully chosen and prepared and he was speaking as the president of the United States of America and not the man named Ronald Reagan. Therefore when he actually asked IS not an alien force ALREADY among us? he did not mean personal perception I guess.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Ronald Reagan sees a UFO

Not applicable to Reagan's case. He was addressing to the U.N. and every word and every sentence was carefully chosen and prepared and he was speaking as the president of the United States of America and not the man named Ronald Reagan. Therefore when he actually asked IS not an alien force ALREADY among us? he did not mean personal perception I guess.

Not real good with analogies, are you?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

It seems to me there is no ambiguity when R. Reagan used the word ALIEN in different places of his speaking. He was talking about alien threat from outside this world and of course it should be the same meaning of alien when he asked "And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us?"

The quote in context:

"And yet I ask — is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspiration of our people than war and the threat of war?”

He was unambiguously NOT talking about ET.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Paperjacket

Therefore when he actually asked IS not an alien force ALREADY among us? he did not mean personal perception I guess.

The problem IS that this IS not about the meaning of the word "IS" (Your subjunctive mood argument). It IS about the meaning of "alien" in that sentence.

The "Alien force ALREADY among us is "War and the threat of war", not some army of ET beings.

We both agree he used "alien" with two different meanings. The difference is where he switched. The evidence is context, not subjunctive mood.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Considering the distance, the speed, the size of a UFO, it is in fact very very very difficult to catch a very clear UFO image in which case you have to use telephoto lens. Even equiped with VR lens, it is still a problem and a tripod is a must in most cases. So how many people would be equiped with a VR lens and a tripod ready for unexpected UFOs?

thousands of people - and i'm one of them

my hobby is bird photography - i use a lens with an effective focal length of around 600mm with vr - i don't need a tripod, hand held works fine, and i'm always scanning the skies, mainly looking for birds, but if i see a ufo you can be sure i'll take pictures of it

go to a large nature reserve and you'll see dozens of people carrying similar equipment

eta: here's a kestrel i shot this morning - not the best pic but good enough to tell exactly what it is

edit on 17-2-2015 by aynock because: filled out

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

Ronald Reagan sees a UFO

Not real good with analogies, are you?

Which part, BTW?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

It seems to me there is no ambiguity when R. Reagan used the word ALIEN in different places of his speaking. He was talking about alien threat from outside this world and of course it should be the same meaning of alien when he asked "And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us?"

The quote in context:

"And yet I ask — is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspiration of our people than war and the threat of war?”

He was unambiguously NOT talking about ET.

And you forgot to quote the first ALIEN :"I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?"

And he was unambiguously talking about ET. and the alien in alien force has apparently different meaning to the alien in be alient to phrase.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

Reagan had Alzheimers

Not then back to 1980s, or he just could not be elected as the president.

Daniel Schacter has written extensively on distortions of memory and the “source confusions” that go with them, and in his book Searching for Memory recounts a well-known story about Ronald Reagan:

In the 1980 presidential campaign, Ronald Reagan repeatedly told a heartbreaking story of a World War II bomber pilot who ordered his crew to bail out after his plane had been seriously damaged by an enemy hit. His young belly gunner was wounded so seriously that he was unable to evacuate the bomber. Reagan could barely hold back his tears as he uttered the pilot’s heroic response: “Never mind. We’ll ride it down together.” The press soon realized that this story was an almost exact duplicate of a scene in the 1944 film A Wing and a Prayer. Reagan had apparently retained the facts but forgotten their source.

Reagan was a vigorous sixty-nine-year-old at the time, was to be president for eight years, and only developed unmistakable dementia in the 1990s. But he had been given to acting and make-believe throughout his life, and he had displayed a vein of romantic fantasy and histrionism since he was young. Reagan was not simulating emotion when he recounted this story—his story, his reality, as he believed it to be—and had he taken a lie detector test (functional brain imaging had not yet been invented at the time), there would have been none of the telltale reactions that go with conscious falsehood. www.nybooks.com...

Something to consider.
edit on 17-2-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

"I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?"

if

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

Therefore when he actually asked IS not an alien force ALREADY among us? he did not mean personal perception I guess.

The problem IS that this IS not about the meaning of the word "IS" (Your subjunctive mood argument). It IS about the meaning of "alien" in that sentence.

The "Alien force ALREADY among us is "War and the threat of war", not some army of ET beings.

We both agree he used "alien" with two different meanings. The difference is where he switched. The evidence is context, not subjunctive mood.

The full quote would be :"I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?"

If we took the part "And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? " away from his speech, then the rest would be :"I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?" Apparently it make sense because Reagan wanted to express we must take serious consideration of alien threat or it would be against the universal aspirations of people. Apparently the part "And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? "was used to add something to the alien threat, which means these two aliens share the same meaning. Further, be alien to means be against to, isn'it? how could alien force share the same meaning of against? It does not make any sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join