It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-CIA chief admits to UFO disinformation

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

You and all around you are examples that there is ET life (trees, animals, virus and bacteria), do you think thats life just pops up suddenly on planets just because it wants to pop up? suddenly planet earth wanted to have life and banggg there you have it! LOL

First contact? you would run screaming like baby if that happen to you LOL and everybody on this forum, this not like the movies my friend, ever read stuff from people who had some ET contact that they cant move and scream terrorized? its not a fun experience, its a bizarre and frightening experience and it have the why's but if your mind cant cup with ET life coming to earth then why would anybody want to explain you more or try to understand it?

Heck dont worry you can label me like a UFO Nut
and live your life without first contact.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: aynock

If they're human craft they'll be back engineered though...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

It's not "disinfo" if it is damaging to those trying to spread it.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morg234
a reply to: aynock

If they're human craft they'll be back engineered though...

back engineered from what?

perhaps you should look into the difficulties of back engineering things

would a remote tribe in the amazon be able to back engineer an aeroplane that crashed in the jungle?

and they are the same species with the same level of intelligence - but the fact is they wouldn't even be able to back engineer a bicycle

edit on 19-2-2015 by aynock because: filled out

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: DarthFazer

Try wrapping your head around it. You cant. Entertain the idea that we will never truly know. I find myself chasing my own tail. The answers elude me. But it is not a matter of "if" at this point in history of UFO's , those of us that are educated on the matter know "they" whoever they are exist here. .....

Tl; dr

Education? There is no education in this matter. You are watching Youtube videos and chasing a few links and believing what you read with zero evidence. That's not education, that's gullibiility i'm afraid.
If you were honest in your research, you would realise this i think.

There is no proof whatsoever in alien visitors and just because you want it to be true doesn't make it so.
My only wish in life is to witness first contact before i die...as a scientist, i desperately want it to happen. But it hasn't yet. I can be honest about it. Can you?

I guess you missed the OP where an Ex CIA director (and admiral) spoke of "official" secrecy and ridicule in relation to the UFO phenomenon, while high ranking Air Force officials were soberly concerned.

Do you think the official ridicule could be done by some posters on this website?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

seems like an ats equivalent of godwin's law to me:

'as an ats discussion grows longer without the skeptics accepting a posters unsubstantiated claims, the probability of the skeptics being called 'shills' approaches 1'

link

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

No I didn't miss it. But it's quite funny how you guys never, ever, EVER trust a word any government official has to say about anything. Except when they confirms your beliefs. In which case every single word they say is gospel. So funny.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexDJ
a reply to: 3danimator2014

You and all around you are examples that there is ET life (trees, animals, virus and bacteria), do you think thats life just pops up suddenly on planets just because it wants to pop up? suddenly planet earth wanted to have life and banggg there you have it! LOL

First contact? you would run screaming like baby if that happen to you LOL and everybody on this forum, this not like the movies my friend, ever read stuff from people who had some ET contact that they cant move and scream terrorized? its not a fun experience, its a bizarre and frightening experience and it have the why's but if your mind cant cup with ET life coming to earth then why would anybody want to explain you more or try to understand it?

Heck dont worry you can label me like a UFO Nut
and live your life without first contact.

And of course...i just have to take your word for what you are telling me?

And yes I know you don't care if I believe you or not. My point is that anyone can make up any story. I have zero reason to believe yours.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
To me the biggest problem with the public accepting the ufo phenomenon as something real is the fact that we have been conditioned to see this subject as either science fiction thru movies and we have been told that it's just like any other fantasy that you've heard since you were a child. The government has done a good job of creating disbelief thru ridicule and misinformation.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: lme7898354

Nearly half the population believes UFOs could be a sign of extraterrestrial visitation.

link

Half of Americans believe humans evolved, with the majority of these saying God guided the evolutionary process. However, the percentage who say God was not involved is rising

link

it seems it's actually quite a widespread belief among the us population - pretty much the same as believe in evolution
edit on 19-2-2015 by aynock because: filled out

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: lme7898354
To me the biggest problem with the public accepting the ufo phenomenon as something real is the fact that we have been conditioned to see this subject as either science fiction thru movies and we have been told that it's just like any other fantasy that you've heard since you were a child. The government has done a good job of creating disbelief thru ridicule and misinformation.

No, you guys do a damn fine job of heaping the ridicule on yourselves with your willingness to accept any laughable evidence and poor youtube videos of blury lights or cgi dots in the sky.

But i totally understand that its much easier to blame the government than point the microscope on yourselves.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: aynock

Nearly half the population believes UFOs could be a sign of extraterrestrial visitation.

link

Half of Americans believe humans evolved, with the majority of these saying God guided the evolutionary process. However, the percentage who say God was not involved is rising

link

it seems it's actually quite a widespread belief among the us population - pretty much the same as believe in evolution

Dear lord! Only half of you guys believe in evolution?? Just...wow

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The most correct statement would be: Evolution happened and there is proof of the physical evolution (our bodies and close instincts to that of animals). However, there can be more to 'just evolution' because humans have developed intelligence like no other animal species, that is not to say there are no smart animals, but.. you don't see monkeys putting on some clothes or doing something more human? Our closest species.

As for the guy making the statement about 'we need to tell the people' - tell what? Perhaps the truth is: We made up UFOs stories to do this and that technology - this is the truth people can bare...

OR

if there are really ETs - around proving that religion has no place due to leading people to crazy things, now is the time to break religion with something about other species who may explain the so called 'religions' ?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

No I didn't miss it. But it's quite funny how you guys never, ever, EVER trust a word any government official has to say about anything. Except when they confirms your beliefs. In which case every single word they say is gospel. So funny.

Those are good points, and I addressed them earlier and will do so again for your benefit.

First of all, he was ex-government when he made the remarks.

So we have two choices in respect to his remarks:

1. Hillenkoeter was part of the UFO coverup for years when he was Director of the CIA, when he gets older he has a change of heart and decides that mankind deserves to know the truth.

2. Hillenkoeter, as Director of the CIA, knows there is nothing to UFO's, but later, when he is retired, he decides to lie about the whole thing? I can't see any motivation here, where in number one the motivation is more obvious, number one makes more sense.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

link

link

Let's get off evolution please, it is way off topic.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

link

link

Let's get off evolution please, it is way off topic.
Hillenkoeter, Podesta and Bill Clinton had UFO revelations with a close election coming in 2016 for Hilary....HUM! Are they trolling for more votes or are they truly UFO enthusiasts? Bill Clinton tried something similar in 1990 with saying he'd reveal UFO information if elected. What was revealed or disclosed...nothing? Please don't fall into this ploy again.

edit on 20-2-2015 by buddah6 because: lobotomized through superior pain meds.

edit on 20-2-2015 by buddah6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

1. Hillenkoeter was part of the UFO coverup for years when he was Director of the CIA, when he gets older he has a change of heart and decides that mankind deserves to know the truth.

2. Hillenkoeter, as Director of the CIA, knows there is nothing to UFO's, but later, when he is retired, he decides to lie about the whole thing? I can't see any motivation here, where in number one the motivation is more obvious, number one makes more sense.

Or a variant of number 1: He was at the CIA when they were concerned about the phenomenon and conducting investigations which never found anything conclusive and he continued to be concerned when he retired while having no smoking gun evidence to share with the public because none was ever found.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Or a variant of number 1

Yes, there really is no way to determine if he knew anything more than anyone else. Even these CIA disinfo guys are fed a bunch of disinfo so they dont even know what is real or not. It probably goes all the way up until you find the real guy who really doesn't know anything.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: DelMarvel

Or a variant of number 1

Yes, there really is no way to determine if he knew anything more than anyone else. Even these CIA disinfo guys are fed a bunch of disinfo so they dont even know what is real or not. It probably goes all the way up until you find the real guy who really doesn't know anything.

That sounds plausible.

And if investigators on the inside fell prey to something like the speculated Trickster psychological effect they would be no more immune to that than anyone else.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

Or a variant of number 1: He was at the CIA when they were concerned about the phenomenon and conducting investigations which never found anything conclusive and he continued to be concerned when he retired while having no smoking gun evidence to share with the public because none was ever found.

You're not talking about some middle management type, as Director of the CIA during an active UFO time you would think he had enough information on whether or not to be concerned.

He seemed more upset with, as he says, "the official denials and ridicule" aka disinformation of what he deemed a serious subject. And by speaking publicly of such he obviously thought the public had a right to know.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join