It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-CIA chief admits to UFO disinformation

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

until the UFO - ET connection is either proven or ruled out, a probability for it exists

no it doesn't - it is either true or false

probability is the measure of the likelihood that an event will occur - ets are either here or they aren't

you are talking about how convinced you are by the evidence supporting the et hypothesis

you are trying to assign a value to levels of opinion or belief, which have nothing to do with probability

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: aynock

This is what I'm saying, I don't think it is that difficult a concept to grasp.

UFO's exist, they are proven, it is only their origin that has not been determined.

Given that UFO's exist, and the UFO-ET connection has not been ruled out, it is illogical that some people due rule them out, it is bias, and not the mark of a true investigator/researcher.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

UFO's exist, they are proven, it is only their origin that has not been determined.

Given that UFO's exist, and the UFO-ET connection has not been ruled out, it is illogical that some people due rule them out, it is bias, and not the mark of a true investigator/researcher.

We are not ruling out the possibilty that it will happen. We are ruling out that its happened already since there is no proof. And that does not mean we are not true investigators.

Tell me something PLanetX, what are the odds of unicorns, fairies and giant three eyed snails with blue skin that poop glitter?

Because its not been ruled out, so i guess there MUST be chance they exist right?

Obviously, i'm being silly, but you get my point? Well, actually, i doubt very much you do. Because you argue as if you are capable of seeing both sides of the argument for alien life visiting earth, but we all know what you believe and how one sided-ly you defend your beliefs..

To quote you: it is bias, and not the mark of a true investigator/researcher.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
No doubt.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

We are not ruling out the possibilty that it will happen. We are ruling out that its happened already since there is no proof. And that does not mean we are not true investigators.

Tell me something PLanetX, what are the odds of unicorns, fairies and giant three eyed snails with blue skin that poop glitter?

Because its not been ruled out, so i guess there MUST be chance they exist right?

Obviously, i'm being silly, but you get my point? Well, actually, i doubt very much you do. Because you argue as if you are capable of seeing both sides of the argument for alien life visiting earth, but we all know what you believe and how one sided-ly you defend your beliefs..

To quote you: it is bias, and not the mark of a true investigator/researcher.

I don't think you're being silly, I just don't think you're being logical.

UFO's exist, that is true unidentified aerial phenomenon that have NO explanation. Most agree that extra-terrestrials are one possibly explanation which just hasn't been proven yet, at least not to the public.

No-one is seeing horse tracks with a long horn that has fallen off beside them to indicate unicorns may be around. Radar is not picking up objects flying slow and low to the ground or discarded wings to indicate fairies may be about. We haven't found any giant piles of glitter near slimy trails to indicate the existence of giant blue snails.

However, again, no one can dispute the existence of UFO's, it is only their origin which is in dispute, and the ET connection is one most admit is possible.

Also, remember the OP in this thread, an ex-CIA DIRECTOR stating he was tired of the "OFFICIAL RIDICULE AND SECRECY" surrounding the UFO issue "while in private top air force officers were very concerned".

Do you think this ex-CIA DIRECTOR and top air force officers are crazy? Who needs to examine their sanity?

edit on 12-3-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: grammar, syntax and context

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Hey Karl what does ETH mean?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Obviously I am not Karl but ETH = Extraterrestrial Hypothesis

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Obviously I am not Karl but ETH = Extraterrestrial Hypothesis

I think you're a bot with multiple online persona's
but thanks MM, do you happen to know who coined this phrase and when? Enjoy your weekend........

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Sorry I don't know the origin of the phrase. Nor do any of my other online personas

edit on 21/3/15 by mirageman because: Slight multiple personality disorder

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Sorry I don't know the origin of the phrase. Nor do any of my other online personas

I guess no one is quite sure of the origin, though Vallee is credited with its first use in 1966, that ole disinfo agent Condon clarified the term in his "report" which of course was just a whitewash of the UFO issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join