It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-CIA chief admits to UFO disinformation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

I don't know if you remember but the Reagan administration had an entire team in place that attempted to justify all the wacky statements he would make in his increasingly rare press conferences. IIRC there was extensive research done to find an actual WWII incident that matched the story he kept telling. They eventually came up with one that had a few similar elements and tried to pass it off as what he was talking about.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: aynock

nice shoot! a 600/F4 VR weighs 5KG and in fact is quite difficult for hand hold. But not many people can shoot with such a lens without a tripod. Me for example, 300mm is the maximum in good weather and 200mm does not work in bad weather.

Many of my friends like bird photographing, none of them would choose hand hold...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: aynock
a reply to: Paperjacket

"I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?"

if

Yes and he should have used "were" while not "is", right?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

thanks - i use a camera with a crop sensor - it's a 400mm (max zoom) lens that weighs 1.75 kg - i find it very manageable - it's not the best quality set up but i enjoy using it

but you get my point about the large numbers of amateur bird photographers with very good equipment scanning the skies

i'm not saying there isn't anything mysterious going on - i just need much more 'solid' evidence before i can draw conclusions

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Paperjacket

"I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?"

if

Hmmm, let's see.
"And yet, I ask you, is were not an alien force already among us?"

What do you think?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

a reply to: Arbitrageur

It seems to me there is no ambiguity when R. Reagan used the word ALIEN in different places of his speaking. He was talking about alien threat from outside this world and of course it should be the same meaning of alien when he asked "And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us?" And most important of all, he did not used subjunctive mood! AS to the final alien, it has totally different meaning by saying "What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war? "

R. Reagan was serious ,very serious about E.T. and he must know something!

Reagan had Alzheimers

Not then back to 1980s, or he just could not be elected as the president.

Daniel Schacter has written extensively on distortions of memory and the “source confusions” that go with them, and in his book Searching for Memory recounts a well-known story about Ronald Reagan:

In the 1980 presidential campaign, Ronald Reagan repeatedly told a heartbreaking story of a World War II bomber pilot who ordered his crew to bail out after his plane had been seriously damaged by an enemy hit. His young belly gunner was wounded so seriously that he was unable to evacuate the bomber. Reagan could barely hold back his tears as he uttered the pilot’s heroic response: “Never mind. We’ll ride it down together.” The press soon realized that this story was an almost exact duplicate of a scene in the 1944 film A Wing and a Prayer. Reagan had apparently retained the facts but forgotten their source.

Reagan was a vigorous sixty-nine-year-old at the time, was to be president for eight years, and only developed unmistakable dementia in the 1990s. But he had been given to acting and make-believe throughout his life, and he had displayed a vein of romantic fantasy and histrionism since he was young. Reagan was not simulating emotion when he recounted this story—his story, his reality, as he believed it to be—and had he taken a lie detector test (functional brain imaging had not yet been invented at the time), there would have been none of the telltale reactions that go with conscious falsehood. www.nybooks.com...

Something to consider.

Yes we can consider about this but it does not prove that Reagan made mistake at that time and we should always remember it was an official speech to the General Assembly and it was a written one.

There does exist a saying that the critical part was deleted by his staff before the speech and somehow he managed to say it out. I don't know. However if it was true, it would mean that that part was not supposed to be an open information.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

thanks - i use a camera with a crop sensor - it's a 400mm (max zoom) lens that weighs 1.75 kg - i find it very manageable - it's not the best quality set up but i enjoy using it

but you get my point about the large numbers of amateur bird photographers with very good equipment scanning the skies

i'm not saying there isn't anything mysterious going on - i just need much more 'solid' evidence before i can draw conclusions

Off topic, 400mm is already ok for bird photograph especially if you have a 2x converter. And I have to admit shooting a clear image still relies on luck. Maybe I can get one clear image out of 20.

Anyway first, I DO agree most of so called UFO photos or clips are not real stuff or real unidentified objects. I have my own way of judgement especially for clips. I would not even try to make judment through the image quality because I would not assume the person who shoots the image/clip is a professional with good equipment and with good luck. I would like to observe if how the "UFO" disappears is taken.

Second, sighting a UFO needs extreme luck, and it just needs more luck the guy has a telelens and it needs more luck that the guy can shoot the image clearly. Therefore I guess some day some lucky guy may shoot crystal clear image/clip. the probobility is there.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

if

Hmmm, let's see.
"And yet, I ask you, is were not an alien force already among us?"

What do you think?

I don't mean he should say were not an alien.... I mean if Reagan use subjunctive mood, he should use the past tense. Consider the whole part of his speech, "And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? " is very strange to me. Frankly speaking, I don't even know what is a proper way to say it in such circumstance.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Yes we can consider about this but it does not prove that Reagan made mistake at that time and we should always remember it was an official speech to the General Assembly and it was a written one.

Well if it was written then Alzheimer's doesn't really apply but he had speech writers, so they weren't exactly his words anyway. Even so, you still have to read into them to get the meaning that you are trying to get out of them. At best you have something ambiguous but really you don't since its clear he wasn't actually talking about alien invasions. Do you really think he meant that we have aliens among us and that the US and Russia should join forces to repel the aliens?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Second, sighting a UFO needs extreme luck, and it just needs more luck the guy has a telelens and it needs more luck that the guy can shoot the image clearly. Therefore I guess some day some lucky guy may shoot crystal clear image/clip. the probobility is there.

lets hope so - one of the major ufo hotspots in the uk seems to be around east anglia - this is also the place to watch birds in the uk, with many of our best wildlife reserves - each time i make the trip out there i see more people carrying decent photography equipment

there's also a lot of military aircraft activity in the area

li nk

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
double post
edit on 17-2-2015 by aynock because: filled out

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Well if it was written then Alzheimer's doesn't really apply but he had speech writers, so they weren't exactly his words anyway. Even so, you still have to read into them to get the meaning that you are trying to get out of them. At best you have something ambiguous but really you don't since its clear he wasn't actually talking about alien invasions. Do you really think he meant that we have aliens among us and that the US and Russia should join forces to repel the aliens?

Yes of course. In fact, Reagan expressed the possiblity of joint defense not for once but for several times.

In 1985, Reagan raised the issue to Gorbachev "how easy his task and mine might be in these meetings that we held if suddenly there was a threat to this world from some other species from another planet outside in the universe. We'd forget all the little local differences that we have between our countries ..."

In his speech to the 42nd session of the General Assembly of the United Nations in 1987, Reagan again said to the world “In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?”

At the same year during their conversation, Reagan asked Shevardnatze, “Don't you think the United States and the Soviet Union would be together?” Shevardnatze said yes and added “And we wouldn't need our defense ministers to meet.“

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

lets hope so - one of the major ufo hotspots in the uk seems to be around east anglia - this is also the place to watch birds in the uk, with many of our best wildlife reserves - each time i make the trip out there i see more people carrying decent photography equipment

there's also a lot of military aircraft activity in the area

li nk

The famous Rendlesham Forest locates there? I have to say WOW and wish you good luck.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The famous Rendlesham Forest locates there?

yep

I have to say WOW and wish you good luck.

thank you - if i ever capture anything of interest (without feathers) you'll see it here first - or maybe the sun newspaper first, and then here

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
So when Regan said "What could be more alien to the universal aspiration of our people than war and the threat of war?” He wasn't talking about "war" or "the threat of war", he was talking specifically about aliens. So all the wars and potential wars we did have since then were actually aliens? Bin Laden was really an alien? Well I'll be a monkeys uncle. I don't mean I'm really an uncle to a monkey...no, wait...my brother did get into some crazy stuff.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

You are correct my friend, lots of war stuff on earth have to do with Et stuff, i am not saying all the wars but the most grusome ones and technological ones (WWII specially) i know it sounds incredible but thats the truth. Remember Germany how it was after WW1 , Germany was destroyed and in decay , few years after they were a powerhouse with new types of tanks better planes and submarines and a really taste for vangenace and blood, coincidence? well..... they got some bump from some Ets, same with the USA after entering the war, they got some Bump from other Ets to win the war. After the end of ww2 we got roswell, coincidence again? the same Ets who bump the USA left them a gift, a UFO that was just surveying Area 51 where the atomic bomb was created (the ones who bump germany) was intentionally brought down ( the infamous story that the powerfull radars could affect a UFO and make it crash is uttery crapt , mis information to make us capable of doing that) was fire down by the ets who help USA during the war, and they left it there so the USA could use it to advance our tech.

But heck Osama bin laden was no alien, was has human has you and I , well if your definition of human is someone using the same meat shack has you and I then yes 100% human.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The CIA soley exists to lie to the American people. The CIA agents are trained to be professional liars.

The Government's agenda is to cover up the UFO phenomenon at all costs and by all means necessary.

Those 2 facts are common knowledge. So when the CIA says they lie about UFO's just weeks after saying they are responsible for most UFO sightings going back to the 1950's then something is afoot.

Just dont get what angle they are coming from. It is like they are playing games with us. But to what end ?

The fact UFO's have been an issue of national security for so long kind of says "the truth would be a disservice to humanity" to me. In the sence some things are better left unknown. I think it al boils down to.

What they are

Or

What they are about

Try wrapping your head around it. You cant. Entertain the idea that we will never truly know. I find myself chasing my own tail. The answers elude me. But it is not a matter of "if" at this point in history of UFO's , those of us that are educated on the matter know "they" whoever they are exist here. It is an elephant in the room. We need to get past the whole "are they real" argument we should be past that and acknowledge it as part of reality if we are to be honest with ourselves at least. When I say disservice btw I mean the implications of who they are or what the agenda is ... is so profound it would alter our reality as we know it or theirs imo.

Or it is extremely nefarious and too disturbing to fathom. Imagine going through life knowing you are subject to beings of a inhumane nature.

One or the other. There is no other logical reason to keep this secret for so long.

Tl; dr
edit on 17-2-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Of course the speech can be construed to mean something other than what was intended if you start rewriting it.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer
The CIA soley exists to lie to the American people. The CIA agents are trained to be professional liars.

The Government's agenda is to cover up the UFO phenomenon at all costs and by all means necessary.

Those 2 facts are common knowledge. So when the CIA says they lie about UFO's just weeks after saying they are responsible for most UFO sightings going back to the 1950's then something is afoot.

Just dont get what angle they are coming from. It is like they are playing games with us. But to what end ?

The fact UFO's have been an issue of national security for so long kind of says "the truth would be a disservice to humanity" to me. In the sence some things are better left unknown. I think it al boils down to.

What they are

Or

What they are about

Try wrapping your head around it. You cant. Entertain the idea that we will never truly know. I find myself chasing my own tail. The answers elude me. But it is not a matter of "if" at this point in history of UFO's , those of us that are educated on the matter know "they" whoever they are exist here. It is an elephant in the room. We need to get past the whole "are they real" argument we should be past that and acknowledge it as part of reality if we are to be honest with ourselves at least. When I say disservice btw I mean the implications of who they are or what the agenda is ... is so profound it would alter our reality as we know it or theirs imo.

Or it is extremely nefarious and too disturbing to fathom. Imagine going through life knowing you are subject to beings of a inhumane nature.

One or the other. There is no other logical reason to keep this secret for so long.

Tl; dr

You bring up some great points my friend.

Time to move past the "are aliens interacting with us" to "why" and/or "do we want to even know".

I read somewhere that it takes two weeks for people to adjust to anything awful, whether it be a prison camp or cancer diagnosis. The whole world lived with the threat of nuclear war for about 4 decades, what could be worse than that happening, and people went about their lives, with the usual ups and downs.

I think people could adjust to the fact that abductions are happening and the government can do nothing about it, and in fact the government probably made a secret deal originally - limited abductions for technology - of course any of the original parties to that deal and those who work to keep it silent should go to jail. People could get used to all that.

I think the only possible truly horrifying fact that people might never be able to face were if it were somehow found out that the ET's were able to capture and imprison our souls. I have heard theories that they can strip our souls of memories and send them back to earth to reincarnate. I don't think this would be that bad, though of course I disagree with the manipulation. I have also heard they can trap our souls for eons, to be used in artificial intelligence. That would be horrible. Of course these are just theories and any evidence is weak and circumstantial, but at this point, I have learned so many strange things, I think almost anything is possible. Maybe this is where the idea of hell comes from?

If even an extreme remote possibility worth discussing to determine if there is any way to avoid this fate, maybe this is where some religious teachings come in? Didn't Jesus mention a way to avoid serpents?

edit on 18-2-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer

Try wrapping your head around it. You cant. Entertain the idea that we will never truly know. I find myself chasing my own tail. The answers elude me. But it is not a matter of "if" at this point in history of UFO's , those of us that are educated on the matter know "they" whoever they are exist here. .....

Tl; dr

Education? There is no education in this matter. You are watching Youtube videos and chasing a few links and believing what you read with zero evidence. That's not education, that's gullibiility i'm afraid.
If you were honest in your research, you would realise this i think.

There is no proof whatsoever in alien visitors and just because you want it to be true doesn't make it so.
My only wish in life is to witness first contact before i die...as a scientist, i desperately want it to happen. But it hasn't yet. I can be honest about it. Can you?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join