It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-CIA chief admits to UFO disinformation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I decided to write this thread in response to a recent thread about comments one of Obama's advisers recently made about UFO's here .

People keep on demanding "proof". Can you prove that your great great great grandfather ever lived?

If ET controlled UFO's DO exist, it is obvious the government has heavily covered it up. Witnesses are threatened, intimidated and sometimes killed, physical evidence taken, photos and videos used to be confiscated but now just given ridiculous explanations...so hard proof can be difficult to produce if it has been taken from you or you have been threatened.

Of course some kind of evidence is needed. So what we have is literally hundreds of thousands of witnesses over the past seven decades, from just about every country on Earth, and a significant percentage of them highly credible. Witness testimony is accepted in court, why is it held to a higher standard for UFO testimony?

Here we have an Ex-CIA chief and navy admiral saying the government has engaged in a disinfo campaign with UFO's (from the New York Times, see source link below):

"BUT THROUGH OFFICIAL SECRECY AND RIDICULE, MANY CITIZENS ARE LED TO BELIEVE THE UNKNOWN FLYING OBJECTS ARE NONSENSE"

See that, OFFICIAL SECRECY AND RIDICULE

If an ET race or races is interacting with our planet, it is probably the most important event to happen to humans in human history. It needs to be investigated and discussed openly. Please move past the "sham" of demanding proof, I believe that is just another part of the "OFFICIAL RIDICULE", or just ignorance.

Scientists and investigators will investigate and research a topic if they think it worthwhile, they know the investigation and research comes first. It is sheer idiocy to demand "proof" before an honest and open investigation has taken place. And yes, Bluebook was a sham, but that is a topic for another thread. Anyway, Hillenkoetter obviously knew about Bluebook, and for him to make the comments above proves that Bluebook was a psy-op, just like SETI.

Source

As a footnote I wanted to add this - posters keep asking why people draw the non-human conclusion from genuine UFO reports.

Well, as it says above in the article, some high-ranking Air Force officers are SOBERLY concerned about UFO's. Do you think they would be concerned if they thought UFO's were just space debris or swamp gas? No, they are concerned because of the extra-terrestrial implications. If what they have seen is enough to concern high ranking Air Force officers, why isn't it enough to concern the ordinary public? Posters on here? Do people on here know more than Ex-CIA directors and high ranking Air Force officials?

edit on 14-2-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

edit on 14-2-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Here we have an Ex-CIA chief and navy admiral saying the government has engaged in a disinfo campaign with UFO's

indeed - maybe they've managed to convince a lot of people that ufos are alien space craft

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: aynock

Indeed.

Success

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: aynock

Here we have an Ex-CIA chief and navy admiral saying the government has engaged in a disinfo campaign with UFO's

indeed - maybe they've managed to convince a lot of people that ufos are alien space craft

Please show me where anyone from the government has officially said that.

The government may have some incredible secret tech today, but UFO's with incredible performance characteristics were seen by the hundreds in the late 1940's, when the world was just a few years into the jet age and not yet in the computer age.

Please offer me an explanation of what these craft were and where they were from if the best scientists and military personnel of that time were saying it was impossible that any country on Earth had produced them. Really, I'm very curious - I would love to hear it.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So you are willing to believe a self-admitted, GENUINE paid disinfo agent so long as he's providing the right disinfo?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

So you are willing to believe a self-admitted, GENUINE paid disinfo agent so long as he's providing the right disinfo?

That's a good point. Let's look at the two options and see which one makes more sense:

1. Hillenkoetter, part of the UFO cover-up for years, has a change of heart as he gets older and decides humanity has the right to know the truth about UFO's.

2. Hillenkoetter, knowing for years there was nothing to the UFO phenomenon, decides to lie about it as he gets older to.........what......I don't know.......get some headlines? Kind of contrary to the personality of an ex-admiral and CIA director.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It is extremely amusing to me that when they finally disclose UFOs - nobody is going to care.

Everybody that knows what I know is not of this generation. They are not going to care because even if the government says aliens are real - they are not going to know the extent of what happened - even if the government tells them everything - they still will not be able to fathom the reality of what happened. it was just too far magnificent for the human mind.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Does Hillenkoetter mention anything about ET along with UFOs ? , we know that UFOs were used as a cover by the intelligence services to cover secret aircraft through the cold war , it also played well to suggest exotic craft may had been recovered to give the enemy (Russia) something to think about in that the U.S may have recovered some exotic weaponry.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

This is what gets me about the public. They won't believe the government, except when it's something they want to hear.

This guy's saying it now for a reason, he was told to.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

it's unlikely to be an effective disinformation campaign if they tell people what they are doing

The government may have some incredible secret tech today, but UFO's with incredible performance characteristics were seen by the hundreds in the late 1940's, when the world was just a few years into the jet age and not yet in the computer age.

Please offer me an explanation of what these craft were and where they were from if the best scientists and military personnel of that time were saying it was impossible that any country on Earth had produced them. Really, I'm very curious - I would love to hear it.

i have no general explanation that covers every case - possible explanations have to be on a case by case basis imo

there are cases that i couldn't offer an explanation for - mainly due to a lack of evidence

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Does Hillenkoetter mention anything about ET along with UFOs ? , we know that UFOs were used as a cover by the intelligence services to cover secret aircraft through the cold war , it also played well to suggest exotic craft may had been recovered to give the enemy (Russia) something to think about in that the U.S may have recovered some exotic weaponry.

Do I believe UFO's were used as cover by the intelligence services during the Cold War? Of course.

However, as I mentioned, UFO's with incredible performance characteristics were being reported on in the late 1940's, before the Cold War really got started, and before anything close to that tech existed on Earth, before the computer age. Where do you think these UFO's were from, if not from Earth as many credible experts stated? Please, tell me, I really am curious!

Do you think it is even remotely possible they were not of Earth origin? If so, would that not be an incredible event, one that should be investigated?

Also, my friend, the Cold War has been over for 25 years, and I believe UFO reports keep occurring, by the hundreds or thousands every year. If the Cold War was the main explanation for UFO's, you think the reports would have dropped substantially since the end of the Cold War.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

Rather than acknowledgeing the existence of the top-secret flights or saying nothing about them publicly, the Air Force decided to put out false cover stories, the C.I.A. study says. For instance, unusual observations that were actually spy flights were attributed to atmospheric phenomena like ice crystals and temperature inversions.

''Over half of all U.F.O. reports from the late 1950's through the 1960's were accounted for by manned reconnaissance flights'' over the United States, the C.I.A. study says. ''This led the Air Force to make misleading and deceptive statements to the public in order to allay public fears and to protect an extraordinarily sensitive national security project.'' The study, ''C.I.A.'s Role in the Study of U.F.O.'s. 1947-90,'' was written by Gerald K. Haines and appears in Studies of Intelligence, a secret Central Intelligence Agency journal.

C.I.A. Admits Government Lied About U.F.O. Sightings.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Do you think it is even remotely possible they were not of Earth origin? If so, would that not be an incredible event, one that should be investigated?

Of course it's possible. But it should be a rational investigation, not one based on dogmatic belief that ridicules those who make a rational case in questioning the theory.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I don't deny the possibility that ET piloted craft may have visited the planet but in the years I've been into this subject I've come to realise (reluctantly) that there's no evidence to support that possibility and the likelihood is that absence of evidence is evidence of absence in regard to ET.

In regard to incredible performance characteristics , again testimony is all I'm aware of to back up those claims and to be honest that is no longer enough for me .
I wish I was still a believer , it was much more fun , but until some real evidence turns up those days are over.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

Rather than acknowledgeing the existence of the top-secret flights or saying nothing about them publicly, the Air Force decided to put out false cover stories, the C.I.A. study says. For instance, unusual observations that were actually spy flights were attributed to atmospheric phenomena like ice crystals and temperature inversions.

''Over half of all U.F.O. reports from the late 1950's through the 1960's were accounted for by manned reconnaissance flights'' over the United States, the C.I.A. study says. ''This led the Air Force to make misleading and deceptive statements to the public in order to allay public fears and to protect an extraordinarily sensitive national security project.'' The study, ''C.I.A.'s Role in the Study of U.F.O.'s. 1947-90,'' was written by Gerald K. Haines and appears in Studies of Intelligence, a secret Central Intelligence Agency journal.

C.I.A. Admits Government Lied About U.F.O. Sightings.

That doesn't answer my question.

My question was in response to a poster that said the government would like us to believe that non-humans were piloting and/or responsible for some UFO's, and I asked where had the government intimated that?

No one doubts intelligence agencies used some UFO reports for Cold War disinfo. However, the UFO phenomenon has been with us long before the Cold War and after the Cold War, so this article is virtually meaningless.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I don't deny the possibility that ET piloted craft may have visited the planet but in the years I've been into this subject I've come to realise (reluctantly) that there's no evidence to support that possibility and the likelihood is that absence of evidence is evidence of absence in regard to ET.

In regard to incredible performance characteristics , again testimony is all I'm aware of to back up those claims and to be honest that is no longer enough for me .
I wish I was still a believer , it was much more fun , but until some real evidence turns up those days are over.

Thank you for an honest answer.

I will keep investigating the UFO phenomenon with the premise that if non-humans are piloting and/or responsible for some of these craft, the government, science and media are complicit in the cover-up so hard proof is tough to come by, but witnesses exist by the hundreds of thousands as well as credible whistleblowers as in the OP.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

My question was in response to a poster that said the government would like us to believe that non-humans were piloting and/or responsible for some UFO's, and I asked where had the government intimated that?

i suggested it was a possibility, not a fact

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: aynock

i suggested it was a possibility, not a fact

I stand corrected, apologies.

Why is it okay to discuss some possibilities, but when discussing proven UFO cases (can't be explained by any known earthly phenomenon) and the possibility of a link to non-human civilizations, some people get so indignant?

Have we been socially conditioned, brainwashed? I know a few years ago I was, and had been for most of my life. It is tough to break.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Edit.
edit on 14-2-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

no problem

i agree - all possibilities should be considered

for me though ufos are by definition unidentified

i haven't seen enough evidence to convince me of a link to non-human civilisations

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join