It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Why oh, why is soo difficult to keep people coming out of the infected countries and stopping those that wants to get into those countries that are not health care and humanitarian personnel.

I mean, it is soo difficult to keep the people getting out from going into the communities without been quarantine first?

What kind of morons are running the system?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk... ed-tells-fateful-ride.html

The Liberian cab driver who ferried U.S. Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan and a pregnant 19-year-old who he was helping has said that the woman was so sick she could not walk and had blood trickling out of her mouth.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... -fateful-ride.html#ixzz3FIZetHXA
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Five people rode in Jiminez Grugbaye's cab as they searched for a hospital for Williams on September 15.
Williams later died of Ebola. Her brother, who was with her in the car, died days later. Her parents, who were also in the cab, are currently hospitalized with the disease.
Still, when Duncan flew out of Monrovia en route to Dallas, Texas, he claimed he had not come in contact with anyone infected with Ebola.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... -fateful-ride.html#ixzz3FIZVzh3G
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I didn't know the pregnant woman's parents also have Ebola. It is good to hear the cab driver is still showing no symptoms.
edit on 5-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: .

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior

I would LOVE the links to you white papers! The real concern is the evolution of this virus imho.

What I find most interesting is how it is treated in labs verses what the media is saying about it.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Why I am not feeling it yet, antar, the cure could be worst than dying from the diseases itself.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It this substrain went truly airborne we would not hear about it until it was too late. Only one thing is worse than a hemorrhagic fever pandemic and that is the panic and fear that would abound in the face of an airborne hemorrhagic fever.

Seriously, people, look at the history of our government. An islamic terrorist eats too much falafel and has a night of bad flatulence. The next day we are all going to die by chemical warfare as far as the feds are concerned. Right now, according to the CDC and public health officials, everything is sunshine and unicorn kisses.

That concerns me deeply.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

By the time the government say, Sorry we lie, the infection will be all over us.

As for the people who say that this is 'ebola hype,' or 'fear mongering,' I add this:

Normalcy bias or intentional ignorance?

I know that when speaking with most people in daily life about this, they don't seem to understand how this specific event can move from "over there" to the same room with them in a matter of hours.

Even the few who do get that next go to "well they've got that new 'miracle cure,' right?" Not realizing how limited in supply or even if it is actually effective as the ones who've received it may have survived anyway.

Even when it comes to their own country (and it will of it isn't halted NOW) they (most people) will still think of it as "over there" until it's in the same room as them.

Add to this the absolute conviction I have that those who control the narrative will keep stories of ebola outside of Africa hidden as long as possible; football season is beginning in 'murrica and absolute hordes of people will be focused on that particularly mind-numbing circus.

Then when they (the authorities) do act, it will be like this:

During the H1n1 scare of a few years ago, we know that law enforcement officials in several states practiced a DUI roadblock kind of scenario in several states in which they were equipped with mock vaccine testing equipment to tell whether someone, or not, had been given the new vaccine against the virus. The roadblock consisted a large van for processing, a couple of buses and chase cars on the flanks to run down people who tried to avoid the checkpoint. According to my well-placed sources in Colorado, this was rehearsed over and over. These law enforcement officers were told that their families would be collected by DHS and protected in isolation against the spread of the pathogen and any resulting rioting. A highly decorated State Trooper from Kansas, Greg Evensen (Ret.), stated on my show that these families would be not held for safekeeping, they were to be held hostage to force the law enforcement officials to do the bidding of the powers that be.

The Ebola Crisis Just Went From Bad to Worse

And a great majority of the beer-swilling, fast-food eating mouth breathers will eat it up because, just like the response to 9/11, it's for everyone's safety...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

That is what I worry the most, the government and the CDC are to nonchalant when it comes to ebola in the US and the dangers of spreading, if everything plays like our preparedness when Katrina devastated New Orleans we are toast.

Bureaucracy have a way of screwing the regular population.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
When i get my computers up and connected to real internet, I will get them to you. Promise. If i dont, remind me please.

As an example of how much my tablet hates the ATS gui, the previous post took three attempts to write.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Like I keep saying, we all we know about ebola, the pandemic in Africa the dead rates and what our government is been doing we can pretty much come to our own conclusions, we don't trust the government and their bubble heads government and white house officials

Obama has no even come out personally to talk about the first ebola case or what should we be expecting in the coming months under his "watchful eye".

Nothing but bubble heads.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
Here's a bit of uncomforting news.

Police, county sheriff’s deputies looking for man who rode in ambulance after Ebola patient

Dallas County law enforcement officers are looking for a man who rode in the Dallas Fire-Rescue ambulance that had carried a man stricken with Ebola to Texas Health Presbyterian hospital.

DALLAS — A homeless panhandler who police were searching for Sunday after he rode in the same ambulance as Thomas Eric Duncan has been found.

Police say he will now be taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital where he will be monitored.

Well, if this is the correct person they were looking for--tis terrific news.

www.wfaa.com...

edit on 10/5/2014 by Olivine because: weird formatting

edit on 10/5/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Thankfully he was found and taken into the care of health officials just recently.

Is already been posted in another thread.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Homeless man who rode in Ebola patient's ambulance found

DALLAS — A homeless panhandler who police were searching for Sunday after he rode in the same ambulance as Thomas Eric Duncan has been found.

Police say he will now be taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital where he will be monitored.

News 8 was the first to report the search for the man Sunday morning. Officials say he was the next person to ride in the ambulance after Duncan, the first person in the U.S. to be diagnosed with the Ebola virus.

News 8 is not naming the man at this point at the request of county officials.

The ambulance is also back in service.

Duncan was transported to Presbyterian Hospital last Sunday. Dallas Fire-Rescue ambulance No. 37 was taken out of service on Tuesday, but has since been returned to the fleet after being decontaminated.

source

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Thanks marg. I'm trying to keep up, but falling way behind.

The L A Times has a good article outlining the spread of this outbreak from Guinea to Liberia and Sierra Leone to Dallas.
www.latimes.com...=1

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

With what you have studied on Ebola, why does it take a positive pressure bio hazard suit to work in a lab but in a pandemic it is nothing to worry about unless you come into direct contact with body fluid?

In the labs, the enclosed environment creates droplets which when inhaled are considered aibourne, but on an airplane it is safe when the infected sneezes, coughs urinates on public toilets?

edit on pm1031pmSun, 05 Oct 2014 14:21:46 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
NO to worry, we are all trying to keep up and be on top of the news, but is been soo hard as the news are filtered in very slowly

I thank everybody that is putting soo much effort on this thread to keep it alive.

Is soo much going on right now it makes my head spin like a top.

edit on 5-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

THANK YOU

I cannot emphasize enough how much I value ATS and it's members!

Bravo.

MODS, applaud this poster's efforst pplease.

and with that , I've got to go to work, but will try to monitor here, as always for the latest.
edit on 5-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: thank you ATS!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Agreed, so lets both go out and smell the beauty of fall in the air for a few minutes... but before we do check your inbox for a sweet message from me to you ...

I really appreciate your intelligence and input... but most importantly your friendship.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The positive pressure suits are an extra level of protection...I hope. The reason they are wearing them is because HEBOV is a biosafety level 4 pathogen, and the bsl-4 protocols recommend a positive pressure suit.

In reality, a tyvek jumpsuit (with zipper shroud) with hood, gauntlet cuffed latex or nitrile gloves, a n100 or better facemask (preferably with face shield, ideally with respirator) and goggles should be sufficient to protect the workers.

It could be that the full suits are because they fear it has already gone airborne. If that does not concern you, it should.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

In the labs, the enclosed environment creates droplets which when inhaled are considered aibourne, but on an airplane it is safe when the infected sneezes, coughs urinates on public toilets?

It is not safe. That is something I have been trying to wrap my head around. That statement from them is a direct contradiction to everything I have read since 1995. Either this is a completely brand new strain ( which means it needs to be named) or it is a deliberate falsehood designed to keep the general public from going ape.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Oh boy not sure I like the sounds of this regarding the doctor who was treated, cured and is sick and in isolation now.

Halfway across the country in Massachusetts, Richard Sacra, a doctor who was recently successfully treated for Ebola, was in stable condition in a hospital after he showed symptoms that appeared to be related to an upper respiratory tract infection, a physician treating him at a Worcester hospital said Sunday.

"Dr. Sacra remains in isolation until we can confirm with the CDC that he has no Ebola virus," said Robert Finberg, who is heading up Sacra's team of doctors. Doctors have sent blood work to the CDC to rule out Ebola, Finberg said.

Sacra contracted Ebola when he was working in Liberia. He was treated for the infection in Nebraska last month.

On ABC, Frieden said a recurring case of Ebola would be "extraordinarily unlikely."

"We've never seen that," Frieden said on "This Week." "But we're not going to take chances. So we'll test and — and we'll see. Time will tell."

Extraordinarily unlikely...Time will tell? Where has he been, who has he been in contact with and what has he been doing? I sure hope this does not turn into a NEW scenario that has not been considered.

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join