It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

I have truly enjoyed everything you have contributed to this thread. I have tried not to miss a post but yes, those real life breaks help keep it all in perspective and life affirming.

It is my hope that we keep bringing the true information forward and leave no stone unturned for our own safety as I have less hope in help coming from outside with each day.

edit on am1031amSun, 05 Oct 2014 10:00:42 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It's reported on our news that, if no one else comes down with Ebola, November 2 marks the end of the outbreak.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

If I am reading that correctly then I certainly hope that little tidbit was EMPHATICALLY COMMUNICATED to the men who have recovered and I don't know that I would trust them even then.

Also I wonder, with rape being a large problem in West Africa, if this is another reason it spreads so mightily?

Someone just tell me I'm reading it wrong because that hurts my brain.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin
I myself wouldn't trust it, no.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I know for sure that HIV that was ravaging Africa was so because the high incidents of rape, so I am sure that with ebola this could be a big problem.

I wonder how long it will last the alive in the semen.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I know, at some point we have all thought about the ignorance of the AIDS epidemic in Africa and how they thought the rape of a baby or child would heal the virus.

And who knows if this is information that is shared, but it is doubtful.

One thing to consider is that Z. Ebola causes mental insanity, it also causes violent thoughts and actions... Not always permanent but during the infection these have been proven.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The report I posted said 7 weeks in male semen after they are healed from the disease...
edit on am1031amSun, 05 Oct 2014 10:07:12 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
See you guys later, will check in after a nice country breakfast for my late sleepers and a little outside adventure w/ nature...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Thank you for catching that. This one actually looks more serious than the other reports that were just initial tests.

At least they seem to be more on top of things than Texas was, since they immediately are quarantining the apartment, etc.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I wonder how long it will last the alive in the semen.

The isolation of EBOV from semen 40 days after the onset of illness underscores the risk of sexual transmission of the filoviruses during convalescence. Zaire EBOV has been detected in the semen of convalescent patients by virus isolation (82 days) and RT-PCR (91 days) after disease onset [5, 14]. Marburg virus has also been isolated from the semen and linked conclusively to sexual transmission 13 weeks into convalescence [15].

jid.oxfordjournals.org...

Found that back in July or August.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hi Valentine:-) Good point! I think South Africa is the foremost country on the continent where rape is pretty much the national sport-our illustrious and esteemed prez,Jacob Zuma,was embroiled in a rape case,with the plaintiff being a young lady who has HIV infection.Zuma assured the nation that he took a shower after he had consenting intercourse with the young lady,therefore he was safe from contracting the HIV infection from her.Yes.Really.You can google it,because i realise it is very hard to believe.But all over Africa,rape is very prevalent.a reply to: ValentineWiggin

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: marg6043

The report I posted said 7 weeks in male semen after they are healed from the disease...

I guarantee you this is not being communicated to male survivors in West Africa and I am not 100% trusting of the male Dr's who have recovered here.

This needs to be common public knowledge for christ sake.

And you know what, I bet you if Patient 0 recovers no one will inform him of this, or if they do they will just "trust" that he will listen. If the family members wont stay home when asked in quarantine do you really think a red blooded male is going to avoid sex for 7 weeks who just came over here (supposedly) to marry his girlfriend?

Good LORD

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

That is sad and concerning, Raxo

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I am new here, and I don't know much about what is going on. Is this for real? It sure is a scary, no make that a terrifying, thought. If Ebola makes it into the US, even one case, I doubt they would try to stop it completely, after all, they want to eliminate some of the population here. At least that's my opinion.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Doctor successfully treated for Ebola is hospitalized

A Massachusetts doctor who recovered from Ebola is again hospitalized, this time with a respiratory infection apparently unrelated to the disease he contracted as a missionary in Africa, his physician said.

UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Mass., says Richard Sacra was hospitalized Saturday in stable condition with a cough and pinkeye.

Robert Finberg, who is leading Sacra's medical team, says "it is highly unlikely" the Ebola has returned. He said Sacra will remain in isolation until doctors have confirmation he is not infected with the virus, probably in a day or two.

Sacra returned home Sept. 25 after weeks of treatment at a Nebraska hospital.

source

Pink eye?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I posted earlier that it could be due to the side effects now from the serum given to him ZMapp, the serum was a trial vaccine but this is the first time it was used on humans.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Just my opinion,i have no medical background-but common sense tells me that if you are fortunate enough to recover from a disease as devastating as Ebola,your body has taken a grievous knock,and it may take a very long time to regain optimum health-if ever.It's not unlikely that you will for years,or even ever after,be sicklier in general than you would have been, if you had not contracted Ebola.This is just an opinion,though,and i would not mind in the least being proven wrong on this point.a reply to: DancedWithWolves

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Thanks Marg. Still catching up here.

Live stream at 11 a.m.: CDC updates Ebola case in Dallas

Time zone?

source

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Thanks for the update, makes sure you post the finding or information.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Thanks Marg. Still catching up here.

Live stream at 11 a.m.: CDC updates Ebola case in Dallas

Time zone?

source

On now must be Central

new topics

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join