It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

US health officials say they are opposed to placing ban on travelers from Ebola-infected countries - @NBCNews

edit on 5-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The People vs Dr. Tom Frieden*/Obama

In the world of infectious diseases, we often hear the phrase that the next epidemic is “one flight away” from the U.S. That’s true—but we don’t usually know where that flight will originate, so we can’t simply ban all flights to the U.S. from everywhere. With Ebola, though, we know the source: the epidemic is confined to Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea.
We are arguing to seal off just three small countries in West Africa, until the epidemic passes. This would not be a difficult ban to implement and enforce. For Americans who wish to return from those countries, we can require a quarantine protocol, which the CDC already has in place at many airports. As Gov. Jindal, a physician, said:“How exactly would stopping the entry of people potentially carrying the Ebola virus be counterproductive? This seems to be an obvious step to protect public health in the United States.”

www.forbes.com...

Meanwhile, CDC Director Tom Frieden (famed for his public heath work in TB)and advocate of tourist visas and open borders, reassured the public today: "Blah, blah, double blah."

*Advocate of pressure washing Ebola emesis without GLOVES, much less protective gear suitable for biohazard waste.
Advocate of women and children living in an Ebola petri dish.

edit on 5-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

i read that snippet.
only thing though is i think they should go through a mandatory quarrantine BEFORE they hop a flight to the states.
i dont know how to work the logistics of it but i am sure it can be done.

men on the moon
splitting the atom
nuclear weapons/power
bad ass jets and boats and on and on and on.

we have figured out a great many things. locking down travel to and from as well as a quarrantine before they hit us soil can be figured out.
might not be easy or cheap but it can be done.
im sure of that

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Here a couple of links

Ebola Genome Portal and Ebola Collection/Reference.The AAAs site has papers describing the mutation of the human virus into its current state. Both projects offer multiple resources.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Patient being tested for Ebola in Delaware

A patient with Ebola-like symptoms is being tested for the deadly virus at a Delaware hospital, Fox News confirmed Sunday. 

A nurse at Bayhealth Kent General Hospital in Dover confirmed to Fox News that a patient exhibiting Ebola symptoms has been placed in isolation in the hospital and is being tested for the deadly virus, but did not give any more detail.

source

ETA the google search info says she is an 8 year old girl who recently traveled to Liberia with her parents. Story does not elaborate on that though?
edit on 5-10-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The United States’ top infectious-disease doctor suggested Sunday that more people inside the country will be diagnosed with Ebola but dismissed as “far-fetched” concerns about somebody bringing the deadly disease across the U.S.-Mexico border in a bio-terror attack.

source

About as far-fetched as... I dunno.... a group of terrorists flying two planes into the world trade center.... maybe?

Probably would have said that was "far-fetched" also huh?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

I take 3mg of melatonin every night to help me sleep! I never would have dreamt it would be considered an ebola treatment. Thanks for the info Mr. Limpet

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
I have truly enjoyed everything you have contributed to this thread. I have tried not to miss a post but yes, those real life breaks help keep it all in perspective and life affirming.

It is my hope that we keep bringing the true information forward and leave no stone unturned for our own safety as I have less hope in help coming from outside with each day.

Likewise, Antar, and you've done an excellent job of keeping this discussion going and contributing info.

When and if the world comes to an end, you can bet your britches I'll be right here on ATS getting the real scoop and figuring out the schlit with all the great members like you.
edit on 10/5.2014 by graceunderpressure because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Did I miss something? Since when did we have some one being treated for Ebola in Nebraska?

Then released and now re admitted under quarantine?

Not meaning to derail but I know the peps participating in this thread would have heard of a person being treated in Nebraska????

Did we have some one being treated in Nebraska for weeks and nobody knew?

edit on 5-10-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

One of the doctors working over there whom we brought back to treat.

Text Sacra, of Holden, returned to Massachusetts on Sept. 25 after weeks of treatment at an Omaha, Nebraska, hospital.

He spent much of the last two decades in Liberia, working with a missionary group. He also works at Family Health Center of Worcester.

Not much press on him or his transport t the hospital.

source
edit on 5-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: typos, hate this tiny phone keyboard

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Did I miss something? Since when did we have some one being treated for Ebola in Nebraska?

Not meaning to derail but I know the peps participating in this thread would have heard of a person being treated in Nebraska????

No worries, LDragon, the Ebola patient that Nebraska is preparing to treat is none other than the US journalist/photographer Ashoka Mukpo, who caught the disease while covering the story in Liberia.

Source

Edit: Sorry if I mixed up the Nebraska patients! All part of the weird news manipulations -- confusing to say the least.
edit on 10/5.2014 by graceunderpressure because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Breaking news on Fox cable...

Patient being tested in Delaware for possible Ebola virus

A patient with Ebola-like symptoms is being tested for the deadly virus at a Delaware hospital, Fox News confirmed Sunday.

A nurse at Bayhealth Kent General Hospital in Dover confirmed to Fox News that a patient exhibiting Ebola symptoms has been placed in isolation in the hospital and is being tested for the deadly virus, but did not give any more detail.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
According to the very informative paper linked by Mr. Limpet, the dose would start at 20mg of melatonin

link docs.google.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

I think youvare referring to the newest nebraska patient to be brought over.

prior post was referencng dr sacra

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: megabogie
According to the very informative paper linked by Mr. Limpet, the dose would start at 20mg of melatonin

link docs.google.com...

Many, many thanks megabogie!

edit on 5-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

From page 79 re the Kansas City possible case today it sounds like you are describing..

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Update on Kansas City quarantine involving a Nigerian woman with Ebola-like symptoms.

Kansas City TV station, KCTV-5 reported Saturday night someone was being quarantined at Rockhill Research Hospital (Research Medical Center), according to their sister station in Wichita, KWCH.

A source in Kansas City confirmed the story to the Gateway Pundit and added some details.

A Nigerian woman was taken to the hospital with a high fever and Ebola like symptoms. Her apartment building was quarantined, though that may have been lifted later.

The source added the Nigerian woman initially tested negative for Ebola and was released (or set to be released) but was called back to the hospital. The source said parts of the hospital may be quarantined but the hospital is not confirming anything.

The CDC is reportedly on the way, according to the source.

source

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

The second doctor (Sacra, who was the third or fourth patient flown back to the U.S) was, I believe to be taken to Emory in Atlanta but then sent to Nebraska instead, some speculate because there is a military research group nearby.

He was released on or about September 28 as "cured" or recovered" and apparently went back to Massachusetts, where he was readmitted under quarantine with respiratory issues. Ebola is not a respiratory disease really, as it more effects the digestive tract.

A third patient whose name was not released was at Emory. It is unclear whether Sacra was the fourth they spoke of bound for Emory

The freelance journalist is being flown to Nebraska now as well (may be there by now).

And another tidbit is that the first doctor (Brantly) was released from Emory flew to Nebraska around September 11 to donate blood to Sacra. That's rather odd too.

I'm attempting to track some of the movements of all these patients and odd coincidences in my thread here: Is there a Thomas Eric Duncan-Kent Brantly Connection?, in the conspiracy forum.

And the final thing I will add, as I've posted several times so far in this thread and others since July, is that some bodily fluids (semen), breast milk, seem to retain the virus for up to 90 days.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

What Nebraska possible case, please. I don't see anything on page 79. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Hi Lucidity. Glad so many familiar people are here. I posted about this in the morning. For me the Delaware case sounds more concerning but testing seems to be ramping up after the debacle in Texas.

Here is the link to the Nigerian woman in Kansas City.

ETA IT was Kansas City...Sorry.

Story

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I heard that as well. More information later.......

This is different than the NJ airplane vomiting guy. Negative results available in less than 5 hours.

It was my understanding, the Dover, Delaware individual was admitted Saturday.

Why the delay?

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join