It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

On their way huh? Seems they would be strategically located within minutes in this emergency especially from an international travel hub such as KC

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

“We are working to locate the individual and get him to a comfortable, compassionate place where we can monitor him and care for his every need for the full incubation period,”d,” Jenkins said in an emailed statement. “I want to emphasize that he is a low risk individual and we are doing this out of precautionary measures.”

Nightmare, why do I think that these secret and comfortable locations out of the media and public eye are FEMA detention centers?

Listen if your neighbor just disappears, your friends or family members, are you going to just go along with it in hopes they don't come for you next?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

If they were competent, antar, one would think that. They have done very little to convince me of their ability to handle this crisis with any hint of efficacy.

The fact that this substrain has a lessened mortality rate tells me that it is mutating. One mutation caused Ebola Reston to go airborne. By sheer chance, that same mutation caused it to be asymptomatic in humans. I'm not one to keep trusting chance.

Hope for the best, gear up and prepare for the worst.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I am waiting for the authorities in Dallas to come forward with audio feeds of the children erhem *actors* having happy sessions with their designated teachers on call.

When they set this up at that media conference, they stated that they will have hotspots, erhem, and lap tops to conduct their schoolk work while under watch at which point a questioner said "oh good so they will get video conferencing? " the speaker then said, well no, but they will have a phone number designated to each child to call for homework help. Each child will have a designated, erhem, teacher with a private number to reach them for any questions or help with their school work.

I am so fricking worried about those children.

You mean to say that out of hundreds of thousands of other like minded individuals, not a single person followed the family when they were stolen away into the night to this undisclosed location a 45 minute drive from their previous location?

No real updates, no pictures of the family, nothing and none even insists on a well check?

NAZI tactic. As long as they dont come for you, all is well.
edit on pm1031pmSun, 05 Oct 2014 12:56:03 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior

Are you thinking that Z. strain is less dangerous? No Z is the most dangerous. The Marlburg (sp) is the least and it causes among other things implosive testicles and eyes...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Apparently the Duncan family has been relocated to an undisclosed 4 bedroom house on acreage someplace in Dallas.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Right, my extreme relatives are on as usual, they have no doubt that this will not affect good Christians, this is God punishing the blacks. I could go into this and the conversations I have had but will not waste the bandwidth to do so. Its unbelievable that they think the Lord will protect.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

Right, my extreme relatives are on as usual, they have no doubt that this will not affect good Christians, this is God punishing the blacks. I could go into this and the conversations I have had but will not waste the bandwidth to do so. Its unbelievable that they think the Lord will protect.

This kind of thinking isn't going to help anyone.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

You know, antar, I am soooo less concerned with FEMA camps at this point. I'm sure some people will read that and think "Of course! That's what they want you to think!" but really at this point I don't think any of the agencies involved are capable of putting anything like that together. I'd question their abilities to properly prepare chicken.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

As with the homeless man in Dallas and now the woman in Kansas City, well who would have ever dreamed that it would take Ebola to open up compassion for the poor, and homeless?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

On the contrary. This substrain of Ebola Zaire is more dangerous. From an epidemiological standpoint, its mortality rate means it can infect more people. Our saving grace from previous outbreaks has been the fact that human ebola virus (HEBOV) kills so quickly. The faster a viral or bacterial disease kills, the better the chance it will burn out. Viruses have one purpose: to reproduce and spread.

I do not pretend to be a doctor or viral epidemiologist. I am an environmental scientist that has studied hemorrhagic fevers as a morbid interest for nearly 20 years. I took anatomy and human physiology under a tropical epidemiologist, and he spent a good two months on viruses, bacteria, and their effect on the human body.

When something scares you, you learn more about it so it is less scary, right? Well, that little trick didnt work with Ebola. It made it worse. The only thing keeping me from packing my gear and heading to the Ozarks right now is the fact that HEBOVs communicability isn't as high as the common cold or one of the influenza strains. That can change with the altered folding of a single protein.

Keep that in mind.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Update on Kansas City quarantine involving a Nigerian woman with Ebola-like symptoms.

Kansas City TV station, KCTV-5 reported Saturday night someone was being quarantined at Rockhill Research Hospital (Research Medical Center), according to their sister station in Wichita, KWCH.

A source in Kansas City confirmed the story to the Gateway Pundit and added some details.

A Nigerian woman was taken to the hospital with a high fever and Ebola like symptoms. Her apartment building was quarantined, though that may have been lifted later.

The source added the Nigerian woman initially tested negative for Ebola and was released (or set to be released) but was called back to the hospital. The source said parts of the hospital may be quarantined but the hospital is not confirming anything.

The CDC is reportedly on the way, according to the source.

source

Oh, no!! And I heard women are more likely to get Ebola because of their roles as caretakers!
edit on 5-10-2014 by texasgirl because: modified

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

As everything in America, the land of everything for everybody, a good laugh amid the panic, pandemic and infestation we have to included the "good lord" and those working in his behave for the listening ears of the faithful.

Yes I adding some sarcasm to the post.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I tell you what, with all that we have learned about ebola and other infectious diseases, we should be running for the hills to hide, regardless of what the government keeps telling about ebola no been airborne and no imminent danger of pandemic in the US.

By the time the government say, Sorry we lie, the infection will be all over us.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Huh? From everything I have been posting and linking to, it is certain that Z. strain is indeed the most deadly.

This was what I said to you:

originally posted by: antar

Are you thinking that Z. strain is less dangerous? No Z is the most dangerous. The Marlburg (sp) is the least and it causes among other things implosive testicles and eyes...

edit on pm1031pmSun, 05 Oct 2014 13:37:47 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Know what gives me the heebie-jeebies, marg? We've heard not a peep from NavyDoc. He did his fellowship at USAMRIID and if i recall correctly, he specializes in tropical and infectious disease.

I was hoping he would have shown up by now.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Reuters | about 4 hours ago

LONDON – Scientists have used Ebola disease spread patterns and airline traffic data to predict a 75 percent chance the virus could be imported to France by 24 October, and a 50 percent chance it could hit Britain by that date.

ewn.co.za...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Nope. Previous outbreaks have shown a mortality rate of 80-90%. This one is 50-60%. That's got a good thing, though, for the reasons I've already covered.

My tablet hates the ATS gui, otherwise I would give links to whitepapers. I truly apologize for that. If this thing is still hot in a week, I'll have the old command center up and running. I'm in the middle of a move and have had to rely on my tablet and a tethered cellphone for quite awhile.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I agree, But remember when the new strain was discovered, this what the people that was working at the time had to say,

The scientist who discovered the Ebola virus said that a current outbreak of the deadly bug in West Africa, in which 467 people have died, is “unprecedented.”

“One, [this is] the first time in West Africa that we have such an outbreak,” Dr. Peter Piot told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour. “Secondly, it is the first time that three countries are involved. And thirdly it’s the first time that we have outbreaks in capitals, in capital cities.”

Doctors Without Borders warns that the outbreak in Guinea, Sierra Leone, and Liberia is now “out of control.” The number of cases is still spiking since it was first observed around the beginning of this year.

“With this strain of Ebola, you’ve got like a ninety percent chance of dying. That’s spectacular by any standard – one of the most lethal viruses that exist.”

And the way victims die is far from pleasant.

amanpour.blogs.cnn.com...

now, how do we know which strain is the one that Duncan had.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
WHO news

UN Mission for Ebola Emergency Response (UNMEER) statement for clarification: No threat that Ebola is airborne
3 October 2014 -- Following recent media reports, the UN Mission for Ebola Emergency Response seeks to clarify that Ebola is not an airborne disease. At this point in time we have no evidence and do not anticipate that the Ebola virus is mutating to become airborne.

www.who.int...

All agreed on the ultimate goal: to have a fully tested and licensed product that can be scaled up for use in mass vaccination campaigns.

Two promising candidate vaccines

Given the public health need for safe and effective Ebola interventions, WHO regards the expedited evaluation of all Ebola vaccines with clinical grade material as a high priority.

Two candidate vaccines have clinical-grade vials available for phase 1 pre-licensure clinical trials.

One (cAd3-ZEBOV) has been developed by GlaxoSmithKline in collaboration with the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. It uses a chimpanzee-derived adenovirus vector with an Ebola virus gene inserted.

The second (rVSV-ZEBOV) was developed by the Public Health Agency of Canada in Winnipeg. The license for commercialization of the Canadian vaccine is held by an American company, the NewLink Genetics company, located in Ames, Iowa. The vaccine uses an attenuated or weakened vesicular stomatitis virus, a pathogen found in livestock; one of its genes has been replaced by an Ebola virus gene.

www.who.int...

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join