It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I will do a research to see what I come out with, I know that Colloidal silver was view as a possible treatment, sadly colloidal silver gives me side effects.

like turning blue with metal toxicity?
ha

so one of the worst virus's the world has ever seen might be able to be treated with melatonin??
i am very suspect of that

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

As for melatonin I think it would help with the nightmares and psychotic affects of ebola, but not as a treatment.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Duncan died today:

Source: www.israelnationalnews.com...

First US Ebola Patient Dies

Thomas A. Duncan, who became ill with Ebola after arriving from West Africa in Dallas two weeks ago, succumbed to the virus today (Sunday), reports Reuters. Duncan was fighting for his life at a Dallas hospital on today after his condition worsened to critical, according to the director of the US Centers for Disease Control.

The Dallas hospital that admitted him did not recognize the deadly disease at first and sent him home, only for him to return two days later by ambulance.

I hope his girlfriend and their family are okay. Hope all the the clean-up people, ambulance people, airplane travelers, etc. are okay as well as the neighbors in their apartment complex. Wish we had daily updates on them all.

STM

edit on 5-10-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Thank that was funny actually, turning blue, perhaps green is more to it.

I agree that it will be many snake oils coming out when people starts getting in a panic mode, but if somebody is going to go the homeopathy way is advised that natural treatments do not work overnight, they take time and consistency.

edit on 5-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch
Is this confirmed?

The Israelis appear to be the only ones reporting it.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Strange that was reported by Israel National News prior to any of the U.S. media reporting.

Ran a search and checked all the major MSM stations. Nothing.

edit on 5-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

thanks marg...i try

as far as the snake oils...there will be many

whatever works though..thats the main thing

im afriad though that people with ebola wont have x amount of time to wait while their melatonin and garlic pill cocktail takes effect.

on a serious note, IF melatonin does treat/cure ebola, that would be awesome

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I doubt that it will cure ebola, once you get infected, perhaps like antar said it could help with symptoms.

Homeopathy is great for prevention, but its not an over night cure.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
People have commented on bloomberg, etc that news sites are reporting it but they can't find it on Reuters. I think these reputable news sites saw it on Reuters, then the editor yanked it off of Reuters to fine tune it so as not to cause panic. We'll have to wait for a bit. Or perhaps they are notifying next of kin before the public release?

STM
edit on 5-10-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I doubt that it will cure ebola, once you get infected, perhaps like antar said it could help with symptoms.

then its a misleading news title(whats new)

a handful of percocet will probably help with some symptoms too but i wouldnt call that a treatment.
i dont know what the actual medical definition of treatment is but my definition of treatment is something that will make you better, working towards being cured or something that stops whatever you have from getting worse.

dont think anything fits that definition for ebola yet but i hope i am wrong

edit*
marg, for what it is worth(probably nothing) most people on the homeopathic train drive me crazy.
i like the way you present your opinions on it...
most people i have debated jump on the "if you have cancer all you need is some mustard seeds" type of deal and you will be cured...

edit on 5-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

a reply to: ValentineWiggin

I wish the article would have specified how many milligrams of melatonin was the one for therapeutic use against ebola.

I was just coming back on to look for that info :/

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I am in the believe that for any ailment out there, is a cure in nature, but as of today, big pharma has done all they can to make sure that we no longer rely on nature.

I am in the 3% of people that medical manufactured medicines causes all kind of side effects, including fancy antibiotics, but interestingly I am not allergic to penicillin, I have ended in the emergency room many times after taking prescribed medications.

So that is why I have to rely on natural remedies to keep my body in top shape so I can fight whatever comes my way and pray that its not a deadly disease like ebola.

because if the disease doesn't kill me the cure could.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Thanks, I already take at least 3 milligrams of melatonin at night to help with my sleep. Sometimes when natural remedies are used, in order to get any type or results the doses tend to be in the higher side than recommended.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I am in the believe that for any ailment out there, is a cure in nature, but as of today, big pharma has done all they can to make sure that we no longer rely on nature.
i think that for a lot of ailments there is a cure in nature...i dont know about all. however, just cause we have not found a cure for say cancer in some rare rain forrest melon does not mean it does not exist

I am in the 3% of people that medical manufactured medicines causes all kind of side effects, including fancy antibiotics, but interestingly I am not allergic to penicillin, I have ended in the emergency room many times after taking prescribed medications.
thats a bummer. lot of people get side effects. lot of people dont

all sorts of things have side effects. natural and man made.
i dont know if i would blame big pharm for that. the warnings are right there for anyone to read.
no matter...we are getting a bit off track.
im sure you and i will have plenty of time and threads to talk about this

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Is going to be very interesting, I am sure of that, and for derailing, well no really, because as right now we don't even can tell what kind of medications Mr. Duncan has given too to help with the diseases, I read some where that was a cocktail of antivirals including from Tamiflu to medications to treat aids.

The reason for this is that is not more Zmapp available.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

a reply to: antar

Kisses,, kisses, kisses, hon.

Hey did you read about the melatonin as possible treatment to some of the ebola symptoms?

I will do a research to see what I come out with, I know that Colloidal silver was view as a possible treatment, sadly colloidal silver gives me side effects.

Funny how fast all those supposed treatments make their appearance once the Virus got to us Westerners..

That's as you know because Westerns usually have a little (or a lot) of money. And money gives you options. Not that they will cure or help in any way; but they are worth a try- if you're facing a deadly disease.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkJS

That's as you know because Westerns usually have a little (or a lot) of money. And money gives you options. Not that they will cure or help in any way; but they are worth a try- if you're facing a deadly disease.

kind of makes sense though.
they supposed to give the meds away for free?

that would be nice but the world does not work that way...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

Watching the local news. So far they haven't mentioned that Duncan has died.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
Reuters | about 4 hours ago

LONDON – Scientists have used Ebola disease spread patterns and airline traffic data to predict a 75 percent chance the virus could be imported to France by 24 October, and a 50 percent chance it could hit Britain by that date.

ewn.co.za...

And so their travel policies (and that of the United States) are facilitating the spread of Ebola worldwide. Simple as that. STOP travel out of/into the affected areas!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

. Simple as that. STOP travel out of/into the affected areas!!![/quote

bingo.
that should be the first line of defense right there

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join