It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin
Hoping for an unscripted QandA.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I listen to the video, Dallas is just reassuring the state and the nation that they have everything under "control" that is not more cases of ebola, (they are not telling how many people has been tested positive since the Liberian man).

Also they are not telling if how the Liberian man is doing.

They are also reassuring that ebola is not airborne.

That they are on top of it and other states are vigilant.

Also a Judge talks at the end to tell the Christian people that he personally was in service this morning to pray for all the state of Texas

That's all I got from it.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
CDC: "Turn for the worse" means what? The patient is on a ventilator?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Ok, I didn't got to hear what the CDC said, thanks for that one, I am sure that the man is not going to survive without the ZMapp, if he dies I wonder if will be kept hidden, because that will mean that anybody infected without serum or vaccine will be heading the same path, that would cause a incredible mass hysteria, no good news for the family members that may have tested positive by now.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Here's a bit of uncomforting news.

Police, county sheriff’s deputies looking for man who rode in ambulance after Ebola patient

Dallas County law enforcement officers are looking for a man who rode in the Dallas Fire-Rescue ambulance that had carried a man stricken with Ebola to Texas Health Presbyterian hospital.

County Judge Clay Jenkins said Dallas police and county sheriff’s deputies are trying to find the man, who reports have suggested is homeless.

Authorities have not released the man’s name.

“We are working to locate the individual and get him to a comfortable, compassionate place where we can monitor him and care for his every need for the full incubation period,” Jenkins said in an emailed statement. “I want to emphasize that he is a low risk individual and we are doing this out of precautionary measures.”

more here

Note: The ambulance is still in quarantine.

An ambulance pulls into Dallas Fire-Rescue Station 37 in northeast Dallas on Wednesday. The ambulance that took the patient to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has been quarantined, although officials did not elaborate on what that meant.

edit on 5-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This is an odd development if true. I thought the stepdaughter was even told she could not ride in the ambulance. Perhaps I am remembering wrong?

Police in Dallas are searching for a homeless man who rode in an ambulance with Thomas Eric Duncan, the Ebola patient currently in critical condition at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital.

“We are working to locate the individual and get him to a comfortable, compassionate place where we can monitor him and care for his every need for the full incubation period,” Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkinsexplained in an emailed message. “I want to emphasize that he is a low risk individual and we are doing this out of precautionary measures.”

Although the ambulance was reportedly quarantined after Duncan was delivered to the hospital and its crew told to stay home for 21 days, officials were unable to explain why the homeless man was in the ambulance and why he was released back into the community.

Source

Ooops sorry Mr. Limpet for the dup post. Yes, very odd.
edit on 5-10-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Why are they looking for one man?? The Ambulance was for two days on duty and carried a lot of people after they had transfered Patient Zero.

ETA: I see that they're looking for a man that was WITH him.. My bad
edit on 5-10-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

Didn't catch the difference in the reports until you mentioned it.

The article I posted said it was someone who rode in the ambulance "AFTER"

Police, county sheriff’s deputies looking for man who rode in ambulance after Ebola patient

The article DWW posted said "WITH"

Police in Dallas are searching for a homeless man who rode in an ambulance with Thomas Eric Duncan

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
AFTER?

Dallas police officers were out overnight looking for a ‎homeless panhandler who rode in an ambulance after an Ebola patient, according to police sources with knowledge of the situation.

As of Sunday morning, it was not clear whether the man had been located. It is also not known at what point he rode in the ambulance.

WFAA says he rode after.

source

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted on this thread yet. If it has, never mind....

EXCLUSIVE: Friend of Texas Ebola patient who visited him in hospital has been told he can return to work as nursing assistant... but his family must remain in quarantine

The friend of Texas Ebola patient, Thomas Duncan, who visited the man on the day he was admitted to hospital has been told he can return to work as a nursing assistant.

Aaron Yah, wife Youngor Jallah and four children ages 2,4,6, and 11 have been quarantined

Yah and Jallah visited Texas Ebola patient Thomas Duncan in hospital
Jallah, whose eyes appeared sticky and whose children were coughing, said she touched Duncan - her stepfather to be - when she gave him tea
CDC finally visited their flat last night and said Yah can go back to work
His family must stay in quarantine, he says his work tasks will be limited

link

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

If this is true, this is criminal negligence.

Period.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I really hate how CDC guy describes the risk assessment for ambulance man. "We are not talking high risk such as a needle stick" Yeah? Really? Isn't that all just assuming quite a bit now?

I would love to ask Dr. Bryant or Nancy Writebol if they would consider this high risk. Considering they contracted the disease whilst taking every precaution known to man.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Valentine the handling of this whole crappy mess has been criminal. If they were just a bit more reckless it would be undeniably intentional.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
AFTER?

Dallas police officers were out overnight looking for a ‎homeless panhandler who rode in an ambulance after an Ebola patient, according to police sources with knowledge of the situation.

As of Sunday morning, it was not clear whether the man had been located. It is also not known at what point he rode in the ambulance.

WFAA says he rode after.

source

If he rode AFTER, it's a game changer since there were many others after Duncan. We're talking two days of duty before they quarantined the ambulance.

So if they're looking for somebody AFTER Duncan, it also means that they did NOT decontaminate the Ambulance like they said they did.
edit on 5-10-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

WTF!!!!!! As a health care worker no less. Handling people in a compromised state to begin with.

Why is he not ordered to stay home for the time period that others in contact with Duncan have been.

Are they looking for avenues to make ebola spread faster?

Des

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Update on Kansas City quarantine involving a Nigerian woman with Ebola-like symptoms.

Kansas City TV station, KCTV-5 reported Saturday night someone was being quarantined at Rockhill Research Hospital (Research Medical Center), according to their sister station in Wichita, KWCH.

A source in Kansas City confirmed the story to the Gateway Pundit and added some details.

A Nigerian woman was taken to the hospital with a high fever and Ebola like symptoms. Her apartment building was quarantined, though that may have been lifted later.

The source added the Nigerian woman initially tested negative for Ebola and was released (or set to be released) but was called back to the hospital. The source said parts of the hospital may be quarantined but the hospital is not confirming anything.

The CDC is reportedly on the way, according to the source.

source

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Update on Duncan's condition today.

The condition of a Dallas patient with Ebola is deteriorating, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said Sunday.
CDC Director Tom Frieden said “we understand that his situation has taken a turn for the worse,” during a news conference.
Thomas Eric Duncan’s condition was downgraded on Saturday to critical from serious.

“We’re hoping for his recovery,” Frieden said.

He urged anyone who has travelled to the three West African countries hit hardest by the deadly virus — Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone — in the past 21 days to think about Ebola if they start to show symptoms.

hmmm....

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Highly doubtful the NBC cameraman who tested positive a few days ago was stuck with a high risk needle.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Reading the latest posts in this thread with adverts for the season premiere of The Walking Dead on the page seems to add a new level of creepiness.

new topics

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join