It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really?! Is this what has become of ATS?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Shameful ,I'm ok with the state run part but the propaganda bit is just agenda driven

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dingo80
America is being taught to Hate and Fear Russia again, "Duck and Cover" type stuff. Did the owner of ATS receive a Late Night Visit from TPTB requesting this change to the format? Honest Question.

An astute observation.

Thank you very much.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
a reply to: OpinionatedB

There are certain things that western media won't cover, as a collective, certain people they won't interview, RT reports some of those things and interviews those people. Some events happen and some people say things, just because the western media does not report it doesn't mean the events didn't happen. It is a slippery slope when labeling one news source over the other.

I completely agree with this you have hit the nail on the head. I seen it with my own eyes whilst living in America, the news coverage on American TV of the Iraq war was completely different from the news coverage back home in Ireland.

You cannot label just one as propaganda when most countries are guilty of the same, all or none should be tagged.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: MessageforAll

Well I didn't find anything regarding that article on Fox News (corporate sponsored propaganda) , I did find an article about Russia continuing there "march" forward into Ukraine.

Check out who owns what media here:
freepress.net
It is a snarled web of corporate shilligism (I made that word up, sorry, I just needed something better to convey my disgust at how we are led by big corporations).

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

You're referring to a forum?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll

rt.com...

Seems fine to me, but I already knew it to be true so no biggy.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: amurphy245

Its wrong, you can't agree with this, RT is being singled out, at this point in time, don't you think this is abit of oddly timing?

Also, its not up for the site to decide, I can't stress this enough; say your a guy who likes to buy newspapers, you go to your newspaper stand? And the newspaper you like the read suddenly has in bold red letters printed "Propaganda" because the government says so.

How would you react? Now you pick up this newspaper and everyone watches you read that paper, how do you imagine they will look to you?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

They aren't saying not to use RT. They are not blocking RT as a source...

How many threads have you been in? In every single thread I have been in lately, RT is often the ONLY source... and not even questioned much by members, with the exception of an occasional member.

And if you question the OP, or ask for additional sources, the OP is often throwing an absolute tantrum, making threads about why do members question RT as a source, or mad because members do.

I think if people are going to post stories, then we should question it without having to put up with all the tantrum throwing.
edit on 14-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Afcourse you do, wouldn't expect anything less from you.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I think the site owners are responding to a wave of Russian government agents who have been spamming links to RT without comment. Rather than allow this independent forum to be taken over by the Russian government, they are doing what they can to contain the damage. They are not banning RT, they are encouraging legitimate members to find other sources.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Its wrong, you can't agree with this, RT is being singled out

You're right, they should also include Press TV(state-run propaganda source) as well.

*Just to be fair.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

This is the link to SO's response in the original RT thread, giving his definition between RT and US media..

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Tucket
Why do you single out RT?

Because Russia Today is a state-run propaganda machine, while very few ATS members seem to be aware of that, and even fewer of the public at large.

The difference between propaganda and bias is very important. US (and other western) news media exhibits bias, with RT represents propaganda. My posts in another thread outline my experience with such matters.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 14-8-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

link   

ATS is saying we will do this then, since people refuse to do it all by themselves.

Shouldn't it be applied to all sources then?

link   

The thing is, with the iranian sites people DO question them, and hard. With RT, they just don't. It's totally weird.

To me this is a reaction to people refusing to question RT at all.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Do you ignore what other members are saying to you?

There are things MSM just will not report. There are many alternative news sources that are banned from ATS. So, when RT is our only source, how do we check? We don't. We make a thread, where the news will be either debunked or proven true.

What will be next? All non-American members must have yellow color on their avatar?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Afcourse you do, wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Damn right I do...

Messageforall a little something for you to consider.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

Indeed, S.O has decided for us what we should except as a biased source, and what we should accept as propaganda.
Oh hell, lost battle anyway.

link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Its wrong, you can't agree with this, RT is being singled out

You're right, they should also include Press TV(state-run propaganda source) as well.

*Just to be fair.

Yeah and just ignore the totally truthful always unbiased American news media stations...

Go Team America!

link   

originally posted by: DJW001
I think the site owners are responding to a wave of Russian government agents who have been spamming links to RT without comment. Rather than allow this independent forum to be taken over by the Russian government, they are doing what they can to contain the damage. They are not banning RT, they are encouraging legitimate members to find other sources.

OMG Really? Now people who link RT to their posts are RUSSIAN AGENTS.

SHIRLEY YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS.....

edit on 14-8-2014 by Dingo80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join