It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really?! Is this what has become of ATS?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Lady_Tuatha

a reply to: sosobad

a reply to: MessageforAll

You three are preaching to the choir.

Having said that what RT wont do is be critical of their own Government as Western media is towards their own.

That is very telling

edit on 14-8-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

All MSM agencies are just telling what their local government wants them to tell

Then why do they report the murder of a teenager by the police, rather than cover it up? Why do they cover rioting in a major city? In the "West," media are not controlled by the government; in fact, many news organizations are highly invested in criticizing the government. You fail to understand the difference between corporate and government control. Neither is healthy, but when it comes a war of aggression, it is clear how a government controlled press will behave.

link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: Nikola014

You all are the one's telling the rest of us that we SHOULD treat RT differently. You ask us to accept blindly a story just because RT said it.

If your going to ask us to do that, then I say more power to the label.

Nope.. We are asking that RT be treated like CNN, BBC, FOX etc, they all have their own agendas, why single out RT?

link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll
a reply to: amurphy245

Its wrong, you can't agree with this, RT is being singled out, at this point in time, don't you think this is abit of oddly timing?

Also, its not up for the site to decide, I can't stress this enough; say your a guy who likes to buy newspapers, you go to your newspaper stand? And the newspaper you like the read suddenly has in bold red letters printed "Propaganda" because the government says so.

How would you react? Now you pick up this newspaper and everyone watches you read that paper, how do you imagine they will look to you?

And I can not stress enought:

ATS and TAN is a PRIVATELY OWNED web site. It's THEIR house in which you are a GUEST....and so is everyone else. Their house. Their rules.

This is not a publicly owned place. They can do what they like here, and what they want here. You can ask questions, argue, etc, about what they do, but in the end, this is THEIR web site.

Not yours. Not anyone else.

So YES, it IS up to them to decide what they want to do or not.

Don't like it? You can complain, sure.

If they don't change it and you still don't like it? Well.....no one is forcing you to stay.

link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Then why when we ask for additional sources or criticize people who use RT as their only source do we have to put up with them throwing fits like two year olds?

Why does no one throw temper tantrums because they need a second source or third source for an MSM story?
edit on 14-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

You are saying lies again.

NO ONE IS SAYING THAT. STOP PUTTING WORDS IN OTHER PEOPLE'S MOUTH. Do you think people here are stupid and we blindly believe in everything that RT publishes? Why don't you acknowledge the fact that most members here are saying that we know RT is just another tool, but the fact is it publishes stories other MSM just won't.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

This isn't my first Rodeo

If I want information about America I go RT, if I want information about Russia I go look at BBC. That's how it works. This isn't about RT, its about the Action ATS took by doing this.

Again, for the last time, no one is claiming that RT is not biased or isn't propaganda, so stop using this as an argument.
IT has NOTHING to do with my OP.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Your totally derailing the thread with points that have nothing to do with my opening post. Really.

RT with known hoaxers? Really?

So far in this thread I've seen you both accuse other members of resorting to personal attacks when there plainly were none, and another of derailing the thread where the member is simply offering a different opinion. Why is that?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Man, i just love your attitude. With that way of thinking, do you think ATS would be what it is today? Do you realize ATS exists for it's members? If ATS owners wanted a private forum, they would never go public then.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation,
officially branded as CBC/Radio-Canada, is a Canadian crown corporation,
that serves as the national public radio and television broadcaster.

cough,,cough.

i will expect the same for anyone linking the CBC as well. As per ATS new policy.
slippy slope.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I'll say this again, maybe you'll understand this time:

ATS is a privately owned organization. A business, if you like. The business owners make the rules, and the users who come here have the option of complying with said rules or taking their pageviews and clicks elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

When you stick to my OP; i'l answer you. These past couple of pages has been just about taking one part of my OP that suits your personal idea.

This thread was never about RT being biased or not. So stop posting about this, talk about that in that other thread. Shrugs. Oh well, the thread lasted 5 pages or so.

I was talking generally, not to you personal.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I assume all US msm have that 'media controlled' disclaimer with them as well? Should level the field huh

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: Lady_Tuatha

You three are preaching to choir.

Having said that what RT wont do is be critical of their own Government as Western media is towards their own.

That is very telling

The US has quite a few different channels that all sing in unison on certain subjects and then considering if it is blue or red in the oval office has some attacking the government and some not, gives the illusion of being critical of the government when they all march to the same war beat.
edit on 14-8-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

ATS has changed over the past couple of years both in terms of users, decorum, and how ATS itself functions. And not for the better I'm afraid. I love ATS, but it's becoming a lot like other sites that I try to avoid.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Man, i just love your attitude. With that way of thinking, do you think ATS would be what it is today? Do you realize ATS exists for it's members? If ATS owners wanted a private forum, they would never go public then.

It's a public forum that is PRIVATELY OWNED.

What part of that do you NOT understand?

That means: THEY DO NOT HAVE TO ILLICIT YOURS OR ANYONE ELSE APPROVAL TO CHANGE THINGS ON THIS SITE.

They did depend upon user generated content. They do depend upon membership. They do in many cases get member's opinions about things.

But in the end, this is not a web site that is "owned" by "the people".

It's a web site that is privately owned, that allows anyone in the public to join.

But by joining, you have to agree to the TCs here, and the TCs say they can do what they want to do since it is their site, and that you AGREE to that when you registered.

Don't believe me? Go read the TCs.

It's not about "attitude".

It's about what is REAL, and what is not real (such as saying that the site owners are not allowed to make changes without consulting their members).

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Yet...

No mention of the obvious lack of ANY RT critical reports about their own Government.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

The US has quite a few different channels that all sing in unison on certain subjects and then considering if it is blue or red in the oval office has some attacking the government and some not, gives the illusion of being critical of the government when they all march to the same war beat.

Really? What was the official opinion towards Libya as reflected in the press? Towards Syria? Did the President do enough? Too little? The opinions are all over the place, as you would know if you follow American media.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
You are of course correct...we are guests here....but we are also the product that generates the advertising...its a numbers game and each one of the members is a number. Without the die hards ATS would just be another site, instead its the premium CT site and thats based on its members free mind, ability to think for themselves and maturity. With that comes the fact that we both need each other. No business is going to fail to consider the views of the customer or product...that would be bad business.

Respects

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Yet...

No mention of the obvious lack of ANY RT critical reports about their own Government.

?? I have said in the past that RT is biased, they are all biased.
I think your picture applies more to the fact that you totally ignored what I said and posted a pic back in response.
edit on 14-8-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join