It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really?! Is this what has become of ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
So I just linked an Article from RT;

I'l do it here, just to show
rt.com...

Now look how this is shown?

RT - state run propaganda? So ATS now chooses on my behalf what to think of this news site? Good luck winning an argument in a thread when the link is shown like this!

Who is ATS to decide what is okay and what is not? Is this not the point of ATS figuring out things, learning the truth for yourself? This is so wrong on so many levels, and I lack the words to explain the gravity of this action right here.
This is really unprofessional, and verry childish!

We have this major thread talking about some recent actions, I read SO's comments and I understood them, I agreed to them on some part, but this seems like a slap in the face. This leaves no room for discussion!

edit on thAmerica/Chicago814uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll
Hmmm, That is like, just not right! It's bad enough when some commenters will say something like that to you, as their remark, for whatever it may be at the time, but now, it's already there??! Wow.
Not even sure what else to say about this.......
edit on 14-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I see this critically, too.
Where this is allowed, censorship is not far away.
I could live with the "state run", really. But adding propaganda source is to much bias

edit on 14-8-2014 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
A bit insulting is it not, Russia Today is in the title.

Also we better begin seeing the same thing for any of the west's media, for when corporations own the government "corporate media" becomes state run propaganda.

Honestly this is ridiculous on many, many levels, and I am left assuming that ATS is biased against Russia, it is that simple.

I wish to give you a S&F, however for some reason I can not star in this thread, so a flag shall do!
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831amThursday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Is RT state run? If so you can not take it seriously it will be biased.
Any news source for me has to be independent to have credibility.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

That's really not the point, its about the added propaganda, the fact that RT gets its own set of rules apart from all the other agencies who are doing a far better job at skewing the truth.

People know RT is biased, every critical thinker knows every news source is going after its own agenda. But this is so wrong!

i'm being treated like a child! and on ATS of all places! I can think for myself, I don't need someone forcefeeding me!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll
RT - state run propaganda?

So you do not think RT is propaganda?

RT has been accused of providing disinformation and commentary favorable to Russian foreign policy.[4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12] The U.S. Department of State,[13] Ukrainian journalists,[14] English news reporters, former Russian officials,[15][16][17] and former RT reporters have accused RT of being a propaganda outlet for the Russian government.[18][19][20][12][21]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-8-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Well I didn't find anything regarding that article on Fox News (corporate sponsored propaganda) , I did find an article about Russia continuing there "march" forward into Ukraine.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
What's Good for the Goose is Good for the Gander.

From now on

CNN should be labeled as - (CIA-Run Propaganda Source)
Fox News should be labeled as - (Right Winged Propaganda Source)
MSNBC should be labeled as -(Pro Obama Propaganda Source)

Fair is Fair.

edit on 14-8-2014 by Dingo80 because: (no reason given)

link   
Testing fox
www.foxnews.com...

It doesn't matter what the article is about, the article has nothing to do with this action ATS took.

link   
Will similar add ons be put to other news sources?

Fox (right wing homophobic racists)

CNN(moderate Israeli propaganda outlet)

??
edit on 14-8-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
testing

rt

so if you insert the link with the insert link tool, that you can name it as you like it doesn't says its propaganda.

Lazy codding in my opinion, if you gonna say what can or cannot see or simply think for me you should do it right and put propaganda in everything

edit on 14-8-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Well, I saw SOs comment, too.
Look what I have found some ~1000 pixels below this very line:

This content community relies on user-generated content from our member contributors. The opinions of our members are not those of site ownership who maintains strict editorial agnosticism and simply provides a collaborative venue for free expression.

Could be I misunderstood this via translation but in the present situation, it´s ironic.

link   
Me too!

Source

rt.com...

link   
a reply to: Dingo80

Sources shouldn't be labeled as anything, part of the world problems are people lacking the power to think for themselves, to blindly accept what others are telling them.

ATS is doing just this on their own way. It is in fact manipulating the members, argh,

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Me too!

Source

rt.com...

If you leave the box blank ATS fills it in. Brilliant! That is kinda funny really.

You can change it if you want to, I suppose it's the owners peaceful protest against Russia. Let'em have it, they're allowed to have biases I suppose even if you ostracize a portion of your community.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

No, ATS is better then this, no need to fuel a hate/agenda against the Russians. Actions like these only make people think they need to hate/fear the commies and whatnot.

This is agenda driven!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
As long as FOX news got slapped with a similar tag, and it appears they did, i'm cool with it.
"Corporate sponsored propaganda", lol i love it.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
As long as FOX news got slapped with a similar tag, and it appears they did, i'm cool with it.
"Corporate sponsored propaganda", lol i love it.

I did that myself.
But it would be funny if they did.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
THIS IS A TEST, linking an RT article title verbatim to see if it appears here as linked in OP (not to promote discussion of the article itself)...

UN Declares Highest Level of Emergency in Iraq over ISIS Advance

EDIT TO ADD: Hmm, that's odd... wonder why it did not show up in my link?? Please do not take this as me not believing you.. I do... it's been shown 2 times now in this thread.. I just don't understand why it's not in my link above??

On another note... I find it a bit strange that we seem to be up in arms over the suppression of the media/press in Ferguson yet are subjected to a similar tactic here on ATS where RT is concerned.
edit on 14-8-2014 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join