It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really?! Is this what has become of ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

In this case its about a person deciding for its members what is biased, and what is propaganda.

Blocking sites does that too though, that's the point I was trying to make.

Look I'm just playing devils advocate here, and trying to rationalise it, it's an odd move for sure, hopefully SO chimes in with the reasoning behind it.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

I know you where playing the devils advocate, and reading it like that I agree, blocking sites is basically doing the same.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

When I post an article that was put out by Iran... I am careful to have proof of whatever it is, I source it from an earlier source elsewhere, and make sure the article is actually true, and show proof of that truth. I may also link to the iranian article, but I back up the story and make certain its fact... before I post it.

I have seen, time and time again, people refusing to do the same thing with RT. They post it as fact, without backing it up, or proving that its true. If, after 20 or 30 posts in a thread, you find out it's not true at all or simply seriously misrepresented... it gets buried - and most people miss it was false or misrepresented in the first place.

If, you want to deny ignorance, you source perfectly. You back up your sources, and make certain what your saying is absolutely the correct representation, and absolute fact - prior to posting.

People are refusing to do that when it comes to RT. So guess what, they are helping to DENY ignorance.

edit on 14-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
America is being taught to Hate and Fear Russia again, "Duck and Cover" type stuff. Did the owner of ATS receive a Late Night Visit from TPTB requesting this change to the format? Honest Question.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Doesn't matter, its not for ATS to decide. And the fact again RT is being singled out makes my tin foil head tingle.
For the record, I do agree you have to check sources, and it needs to have proof, so not arguing there.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Why doesn't it matter when the motto of the site is to DENY ignorance - not promote it?

It sure as hell does matter! And if your not planning on backing up and having additional sources? More power to them to help people who don't read past page 1 - it helps people new to alternative sources say hey, I might need to look for more sources myself since the OP WONT!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Uhm last time I checked the Motto got abolished when transferring to the new ATS. It doesn't matter how you spin this, its not for ATS to decide, it doesn't help.

Its ATS stepping down from being impartial and neutral. What ever, i'm sure not one person in the world could convince you to think otherwise.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Look, it's fine if every MSM gets the title of state-run propaganda for which they are, but pointing out just one source and Russian, at this specific time, is just so very much suspicious...

If you think it's just a coincidence then...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Don't you remember the things that were going on during the first cold war? It's starting to feel just like that again, even worst...

I must say im deeply disappointed that we are seeing stuff like this here on ATS...how was it..deny ignorance?

I was just thinking of something similar to what you have just mentioned in that maybe SO and those that agree with him grew up with the western influence (propaganda) during the cold war.

In other words America=good
Russia=bad

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

I think it was purposeful, because of the attitude of people on this site. They quote RT without any additional sources whatsoever, and people automatically accept it as the absolute truth being represented in the proper light.

RT is the ONLY alternative media that gets treated like that by people on ATS. EVERY other media outlet, whether state run or MSM, gets treated with kid gloves and everyone accepts it as propaganda, but somehow, RT isn't treated like that.

People post an RT article and everyone discusses it like it was God's own truth. THAT is why they did it!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

There are certain things that western media won't cover, as a collective, certain people they won't interview, RT reports some of those things and interviews those people. Some events happen and some people say things, just because the western media does not report it doesn't mean the events didn't happen. It is a slippery slope when labeling one news source over the other.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I find it really hard to believe that So, Springer and Co. did this because they just don't like the "Ruskis" anymore.

I don't know why it was done, but I am willing to wait and see what their reasoning is behind it before jumping to conclusions. They obviously have their reasons and I'm sure they will pop in at some point to clarify.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
honestly is this any different then ATS banning certain sources? or deciding to put anything from a certain source straight into the hoax bin no matter the content of the article? ATS has been doing both of those for quite a long time, ive always been against it, same argument, we should be allowed to decide for ourselves based on the content what we think of an article, rather then having ATS decide for us based on the messenger...

but despite the many pleas for that behavior to stop, throughout the years, what remains clear is ATS will not stop that behavior,

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
I understand when your coming from,

are you the doctor?!?!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Sure there are some things the MSM doesn't cover - but what is wrong with backing up RT with something additional?

Do you realize how many stories put out by Iran that I never posted, because I make phone calls, I check for accuracy... and often I have found them to be putting a spin on things that is incorrect. Sometimes not, but sometimes they really do.

RT does that same thing, yet no one is willing to acknowledge it - and chase down the story!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Man, please don't be that naive plus you are terribly wrong. You are making things up, so you could justify this action done by ATS staff.

ALL MSM should have a title of state-run propaganda, not just one. If you think there wasn't any agenda behind just pointing out RT at this specific time then you are not being objective at all, and you are simply blinded because you choose not to use your brain..
edit on 421k2014Thursdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This just proves to me ATS is NOT neutral. It obviously has an agenda.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

No actually, I'm not making things up.

How many people back up their RT story? How many people on this website question RT with the same level of enthusiasm that they question stories put out by any other media outlet?

Fact is they don't, and in this thread it is quite obvious they don't want to, and it pisses them off to have to. THAT shows an agenda that is not based on desiring the absolute truth!

I, as a member of ATS, want ignorance denied. I want the truth. I want people who are posting stories to chase down the story, tell us more than one side, make sure its true.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: sosobad

Sure there are some things the MSM doesn't cover - but what is wrong with backing up RT with something additional?

Do you realize how many stories put out by Iran that I never posted, because I make phone calls, I check for accuracy... and often I have found them to be putting a spin on things that is incorrect. Sometimes not, but sometimes they really do.

RT does that same thing, yet no one is willing to acknowledge it - and chase down the story!

Well then every western story should also be backed up by non western sources but wait if the non western sources are not reliable then we have a conundrum, neither is deemed reliable enough to back up the original source. What do you do then?
edit on 14-8-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
ATS is a public forum that is privately owned.

If they did not want any one from posting a link to certain places, you will not be able to. They have several sites blocked.

It basically boils down to this: Their site, Their rules. You (and everyone else here) are a GUEST. Don't like their rules? There's the door.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

That is simply not true.

Just because someone used RT for a source in their thread, does not mean members are taking it 100% seriously, so your statement is false. There are things MSM wont report, so when RT does, we can't exactly check with other news sources. But it doesn't mean we can't use our brain.

What pisses me off is that RT has been singled out, among much worst MSM. If there wasn't any driven agenda behind this, then it's obvious that ATS staff thinks we are stupid and can't think for ourself....which i highly doubt.

What will be next? American only site?
edit on 431k2014Thursdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join