It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IL cop shoots 6-year-old girl’s pet in head as she watches: ‘The dog wasn’t doing anything’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical
Exactly. The cop doesn't know the dog's intention.

And there are beasts roaming around like this nasty thing:

Thank heavens for cats.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalJesusWuangLink? I'm skeptical of any such anecdotal evidence, particularly when it's being used to smear our peace officers, who have a thankless job.

Could be this one: Norfolk Officer arrested for manufacturing and selling steroids 2011

or this one: correctional officers indicted for manufacturing steroids 2013

Maybe related to this one: NJ doctor supplying steroids to hundreds of law enforcement and firefighter personnel

Not exactly an unheard of incident.

Lake country cop bonds out on steroid manufacturing charges 2012
edit on 30-7-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

originally posted by: DigitalJesusWuangLink? I'm skeptical of any such anecdotal evidence, particularly when it's being used to smear our peace officers, who have a thankless job.

Could be this one: Norfolk Officer arrested for manufacturing and selling steroids 2011

or this one: correctional officers indicted for manufacturing steroids 2013

Maybe related to this one: NJ doctor supplying steroids to hundreds of law enforcement and firefighter personnel

Not exactly an unheard of incident.

Lake country cop bonds out on steroid manufacturing charges 2012
Which one is it- he was a cop in 2011, a correctional officer in 2013 or a doctor? Someone claims his neighbor years ago was a hothead cop who later got busted for pushing steroids, and it's used as evidence that steroid abuse is widespread among police officers. You find that to be acceptable behavior?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere
Seems like real info.
Google search 'beefcake cop calendar' and you will see visuals of cops that are likely using steroids.
Cops and firefighters both make the calendars to sell to raise money for their paternal organizations.... most likely legal defense, since they get sued for their transgressions against the populace.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is from 'The Police Chief Magazine':

Over the past few decades, several stories have surfaced regarding law enforcement personnel involved with anabolic steroids. The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) recently led Operation Raw Deal, considered the largest international steroid investigation to date. The operation discovered several links to current or former law enforcement officers.

This was predicted almost 20 years ago by an article in the FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin that stated, “Anabolic steroid abuse by police officers is a serious problem that merits greater awareness by departments across the country.”1 In addition, a story on the television program 60 Minutes in 1989 titled “Beefing up the Force” featured three police officers who admitted steroid use and claimed that their resulting aggression got them in serious trouble.

In the past year, a book titled Falling Off the Thin Blue Line was written and published by former Texas police officer David Johnson, who describes his addiction to steroids and speaks about the prevalence of steroid abuse in the law enforcement community.2 Recently, investigations into illegal steroid purchases revealed the names of several officers on pharmacy distribution lists, garnering national media attention. Unfortunately, agencies looking for methods to confront steroid abuse find few examples of effective policies and practices. This article summarizes the Phoenix, Arizona, Police Department’s experience in this area over the past several years and suggests policy and testing considerations for anabolic steroids in the law enforcement community.

Police Chief Magazine

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DigitalJesusWuang

The Russian gangs in NYC w/ the Caucasian Ovcharka attack dogs probably have the police on edge.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: PleiaDsClusterDck

The Russian gangs in NYC w/ the Caucasian Ovcharka attack dogs probably have the police on edge.

I'll bet they don't weigh 15 lbs, though. The dog we're talking about was a 14 month old 15 lb skeleton.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: skulldigger
Police officers have the right to defend themselves and since animals are unpredictable then the only course of action many times is euthanasia with prejudice. Lives and the well being of people has to come before animals.

In my mind there should be no corrective action to the officer and the owners should be ticketed with disturbing the peace and billed for the disposal of the animal.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: skulldigger

Yeah, but even a toy dog tries to bite you when you get it in a serious choke hold. They're not as scared of the police as people are.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Defensive much?

I can't say which one it is or even if it is one I listed as I do not know where that poster lives. I was simply showing that it isnt some grand impossible delusion that a cop could be manufacturing steroids.

As far as it being widespread, well, depends on your definition of widespread.

From Boston to Arizona, police departments are investigating a growing number of incidents involving uniformed police officers using steroids. So-called "juicing" has been anecdotally associated with several brutality cases, including the 1997 sodomizing of Haitian immigrant Abner Louima in New York City.
ABC News 2007

“Larry Gaines, chairman of the Department of Criminal Justice at California State University in San Bernardino, California said in a speech law enforcement steroid use is a problem around the country and, given that steroid use can cause aggression, can invite problems for police, said “Aggression is not very common but nonetheless it’s a possible problem. If it does occur, you could see lawsuits against police departments regarding citizens injured from steroid rage.”
Officer.com

The sheriff says he suspects members of the SWAT team bought steroids from Holiwell, but isn't going to try to prove that because, Urquhart admits, he needs the 20-member team to remain intact for now.
Deputy sold drugs to SWAT team, investigation refused

Not only in America either:

Chief constable admits police officers across UK 'are using criminals to buy steroids and abuse their power for sexual gratification'
link

Widespread or not it happens. No need to get defensive or play shocked. Unless you're a badge bunny.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I never used to pay much attention to the way cops behave, but for the past few months I have been, and now I can see why people are disliking them more and more.

When I see stories like this I lose a little bit of empathy for cops killed in the line of duty. They are just becoming a goddamn nuisance anyways.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Humanity72

Lives and the well being of people has to come before animals.

Yes.

How does discharging a firearm in a neighborhood area where children are looking out for the well being of people?

In my mind there should be no corrective action to the officer

Seriously?

So you find it OK for police to discharge their firearms when at least a few options are available?

edit on 30-7-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan
I never used to pay much attention to the way cops behave, but for the past few months I have been, and now I can see why people are disliking them more and more.

When I see stories like this I lose a little bit of empathy for cops killed in the line of duty. They are just becoming a goddamn nuisance anyways.
The problem with this attitude is that's an easy position to take sitting behind a keybd but let one of them risk their lives to save yours or one of your family's lives then it is a different story.

The guy shot a dog that he didn't want to get bitten by and now they are all steroid using mutant rage apes! Let's bring down... no let's burn down the Police Departments in this country because a six year old saw her dog get shot and let's not blame the family that was supposed to control the animal.

Know what I bet that dad was on steroids and that is why he didn't have the dog on a leash.
edit on 30-7-2014 by Humanity72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

The guy shot a dog that he didn't want to get bite by and now they are all steroid using mutant rage apes!

As I have shown, the Police Organizations themselves admit that steroid use by police officers is a problem.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Lives and the well being of people has to come before animals.

Yes.

How does discharging a firearm in a neighborhood area where children are looking out for the well being of people?

In my mind there should be no corrective action to the officer

Seriously?

So you find it OK for police to discharge their firearms when at least a few options are available?

Obviously the officer is trained in the use of said firearms and no one was injured. Let's not manufacture issues that don't exist. The police department has rules and regs and once he discharged his weapon he will have to file a report and the department will rule one way or another if he acted properly.

However the public doesn't get to vote on it and that is definitely for the best.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Obviously the officer is trained in the use of said firearms and no one was injured. Let's not manufacture issues that don't exist.

So, if I am trained in the use of a firearm, is it ok for me to shoot in the same neighborhood?

Why not?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

The guy shot a dog that he didn't want to get bite by and now they are all steroid using mutant rage apes!

As I have shown, the Police Organizations themselves admit that steroid use by police officers is a problem.

The main sources quoted in your article was 60 Minutes (don't get me started), a PREDICTION by the FBI but no actual data and a book by one guy. Know what is missing ACTUAL DATA that is meaningful and proves the point.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Obviously the officer is trained in the use of said firearms and no one was injured. Let's not manufacture issues that don't exist.

So, if I am trained in the use of a firearm, is it ok for me to shoot in the same neighborhood?

Why not?
Depends on where you live and what the statutes say. I can't in my neighborhood but my uncle lives in an unincorporated area and shoots coyotes all day long.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

When a trained 15 veteran of a police force determines that a dog is posing a danger. Look, I've already posted that I think this particular cop overreacted and from what I've read, probably needed to get fired. But the picture being painted on this thread is a) PUPPY b) 15 lbs c) crazed roid rage cop. I'll bet the bullet was a hollow point, too. Smith and Wesson Model 29, for sure.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The guy shot a dog that he didn't want to get bitten by and now they are all steroid using mutant rage apes! Let's bring down... no let's burn down the Police Departments in this country because a six year old saw her dog get shot and let's not blame the family that was supposed to control the animal. Know what I bet that dad was on steroids and that is why he didn't have the dog on a leash.

Why not read the thread and the articles attached before you speak out of ignorance.

Yes its a bit over the top to make such suggestions, Burn the PDs and what not but your reasoning and excuse about the dad is just a troll response. sorry

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join