It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IL cop shoots 6-year-old girl’s pet in head as she watches: ‘The dog wasn’t doing anything’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Humanity72

The fact that the officer was dismissed is a perfect example of public opinion should not be considered in these circumstances. Think of the officers that may be put in harms way because they hesitate now?

FFS, you tell me not to manufacture issues and what do you do here?

This is the problem with our schools the teachers can't teach or discipline without looking over their shoulders. Some over sensitive parent might get an attorney.

WTF

Sorry but you lost me here

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BayouAlien

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov
a reply to: PleiaDsClusterDck
lol, yeah and its a good thing the 6 year old didn't have a water gun or something, otherwise the officer would have probably shot her too because he was in such an immense state of fear induced by a 12 month old, puppy. yes that's right folks the dog in question was 12 months old. that's a puppy. or that was a puppy.
any police officer so scared of a 12 month old dog that he has to shot and kill it doesn't deserve to be a cop anyway. aaaaaand that's why he was fired. goooooooooooodbye.

uh....12 months is not a puppy ! Its a viscous killer animal at that age. This hero cop may have saved countless lives by taken this killer off the streets. And what does he get for his actions ? Praise ? NO ! He gets fired because a bunch of animal lovers who would pet a Tiger if given the chance foolishly can't see the danger posed by these potential killers !

I was thinking something similar as well. 12 months is pretty much full grown for a dog.

Who's pinging my IP? I didn't mean to make enemies.
edit on 30-7-2014 by PleiaDsClusterDck because: I messed up the quote function again.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

a reply to: InhaleExhale

Why do you hate the police ?

Hate?

Do I have hate in my heart for anything, even what some consider as evil, please do tell me about my hate as I seem to be oblivious to it?

Why do ask stupid questions that have no relevance or evidence to ask such?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

lol, yeah and its a good thing the 6 year old didn't have a water gun or something, otherwise the officer would have probably shot her too because he was in such an immense state of fear induced by a 12 month old, puppy. yes that's right folks the dog in question was 12 months old. that's a puppy. or that was a puppy.

any police officer so scared of a 12 month old dog that he has to shot and kill it doesn't deserve to be a cop anyway. aaaaaand that's why he was fired. goooooooooooodbye.

uh....12 months is not a puppy ! Its a viscous killer animal at that age. This hero cop may have saved countless lives by taken this killer off the streets. And what does he get for his actions ? Praise ? NO ! He gets fired because a bunch of animal lovers who would pet a Tiger if given the chance foolishly can't see the danger posed by these potential killers !

your ignorance is pretty glaring. a puppy can certainly be 12 months old and even up to a couple years in certain breeds. and now the cop was a hero cop? do you even know his name? thought not.

and yeah the cop got fired because animal lovers want to pet tigers and cant see the danger posed by......

THIS POTENTIAL KILLER!

LOL! wow....

How Long are Dogs Considered Puppies? by Pauline Gill, Demand Media Dog Care » Behavior » How Long are Dogs Considered Puppies? 0 Email Print Small breeds tend to mature faster than larger breeds. Small breeds tend to mature faster than larger breeds. Reaching maturation for a dog is dependent upon the breed and sex of the dog. There are different types of maturation -- behavioral, sexual and physical. Each type has its own indicators. Puppies mature into adults as early as 6 months and as old as 3 years. Have a question? Get an answer from a Vet now!

edit on 30-7-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

German Shepherds are generally the dog of choice for guard / attack dogs, though.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

it was a mix. and german shepherds are chosen for those tasks because they take to training very quickly. because they are considered work dogs. they enjoy doing and completing tasks. disposition is acquired during the dogs maturation and a product of how the animal is raised.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I still think the picture of that dog is bull#. One, nobody knows for sure if that is the actual dog and two, no one knows how old the picture is. I'll bet it wasn't from last weekend.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Well to be fair if they would have brought the dog inside perhaps the officer would not have felt it necessary to neutralize the threat he perceived in the dog. You weren't there so how do you know the dog didn't look deadly ? He growled at the officer and for that reason the officer felt he needed to remove the threat. Until you walk the beat like that cop does then you really should refrain from judging him !

Were you there?

So all this is arguing from ignorance isn't it, from both sides?

Its is suggested the dog growled by the owner however was witnessed to be non aggressive by neighbors.

Oh ...so a non-aggressive growl sounds like what exactly ? Did he show his teeth too ? Guess he did that in a "non aggressive" manner also !?!?!

cant you hear it I am doing right now. I wasn't there so am going of the information supplied.

Certain breeds, Rotties, Pitbulls, Shepards and few other larger breed play quite roughly.

For a 14 month old to show that type expression unless it trained to attack is 99% wanting to play.

This will be the last troll response I will reply to using the same tactics as I have to respond to.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: skulldigger

again look at the articles. if you dug just a little deeper there is a video posted that shows the family's dog. the article states the dog was 12 months old and shows pictures of the family and dog. THATS the dog picture I posted. A screenshot from the news report. I know this is ATS but this ain't a conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Look at those beady eyes on that viscous killer ! Bet you regret posting that picture now don't you ?

When a cop shows up at the door and you own such a fearsome animal, YOU need to put the dog away ! The cop has a job to do and should not be threatened by your attack dog. If the owner had used common sense they would still have Cujo around.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Look at those beady eyes on that viscous killer ! Bet you regret posting that picture now don't you ?

When a cop shows up at the door and you own such a fearsome animal, YOU need to put the dog away ! The cop has a job to do and should not be threatened by your attack dog. If the owner had used common sense they would still have Cujo around.

lol, i do regret it.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

12 months is pretty much full grown for a dog.

Depending on the breed and how they are brought up and exercised.

My rotties didn't get to full size until after reaching 3 years of age and many others are the same.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Why do you hate the police ?

Why do you love them?

Anyone who would act like pre-revolution Redcoats is a POS in my book. And that includes them all.

edit on 30-7-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: skulldigger

originally posted by: vonclod

a reply to: Diabolical

Well if he wasn't in the wrong why was he fired? and pretty quickly.

Based on what I've read, I would say he was justly fired. However, this would not be the first time someone got fired as a knee jerk reaction intended to calm things down or assuage the media.

That can certianly be true with exception to the police..they usually boldfaced lie and never admit anything wrong..its extremley rare anyway.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: HandyDandy

When a burglar storms through your house will you call the cops or the local pet shop ?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: PleiaDsClusterDck

German Shepherds are generally the dog of choice for guard / attack dogs, though.

For who?

You?

Or are you speaking for everybody?

So are Rotties and about 20 other breeds that have guard dog instincts.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You know Rottie ?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

a reply to: skulldigger

again look at the articles. if you dug just a little deeper there is a video posted that shows the family's dog. the article states the dog was 12 months old and shows pictures of the family and dog. THATS the dog picture I posted. A screenshot from the news report. I know this is ATS but this ain't a conspiracy.

I've looked at all that stuff. The main article on Google says the dog was 14 months, not 12. Splitting hairs, maybe, but you've posted the 12 months as fact several times now.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Seriously did you join ATS in the last few days just to troll this thread?

And that goes for another as well.

Have a few joined to troll these threads that have come up just recently?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: HandyDandy

Why do you love them?

Because in my eyes everyone and everything deserves love.

Not sure if that was directed at me or the other poster, but that's my answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join