It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IL cop shoots 6-year-old girl’s pet in head as she watches: ‘The dog wasn’t doing anything’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

That's Judge Dredd. Unless the irony was intentional

Can't have the man's name misspelled! Just kidding... it's like how I feel about the use of the word Homeland. Prior to 9/11 it was never used... too close to Fatherland to me. Implies nationalism, or at the very least, an increase in nationalist pride or the desire for such to develop.

While I think the SS uniforms were cool looking, I would never design police or highway patrol uniforms to look like that. Here in Texas, the Rangers dress exactly like you would expect them too. Cowboy hat, western shirt and all looking sharp and immaculate. I met one, who was dressed exactly like the black dude from Walker, Texas Ranger.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It's at about 1 cop shot doggie per day, that gets reported... I would venture many more per day are not reported.

There are so many ideas and causes I would get behind that I lose count... but a reeling in of our over eager police ranks up in the top 10.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

Yeah, because you know, its not like people show up uninvited sometimes.
Might as well leave dogs locked up all day.
Sick and tired of these trigger happy gangbangers with badges.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Michael Vick got 3 years in jail for killing dogs, didn't he? I think the officer needs to receive the same punishment.

Sad, that will definitely affect the little girl.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

That's Judge Dredd. Unless the irony was intentional

Can't have the man's name misspelled! Just kidding... it's like how I feel about the use of the word Homeland. Prior to 9/11 it was never used... too close to Fatherland to me. Implies nationalism, or at the very least, an increase in nationalist pride or the desire for such to develop.

While I think the SS uniforms were cool looking, I would never design police or highway patrol uniforms to look like that. Here in Texas, the Rangers dress exactly like you would expect them too. Cowboy hat, western shirt and all looking sharp and immaculate. I met one, who was dressed exactly like the black dude from Walker, Texas Ranger.

Ohh It was Intentional LOL

Dredd is the correct Spelling From the British Comic of an American Futuristic Law Enforcer..Of Mega City One . Named Joseph Dredd

Tho

What these Officers in Amerkia ( intended ) are using this tactic of Dread

Dread
1 anticipate with great apprehension or fear.

Law Officers Should not be Looking at People like 2nd class citizens and Fear mongering ...
That's a Nazi Germany Tactic with it's Gestapo // SS Men
Acting out as Like Judge Dredd for the Wrong Reasons of Course ..

Exactly you didn't Here Much of Homeland Security Is Right ... What came After the 911 Coup Like the Reichstag Fire

Patriot Act === Enabling act of 1933

TSA High Security around Boarders North and South ..

Weapons Restrictions ...

A Flood of Executive orders Since 2001

Like this one ( of the Few )

Some what like Hitler was Doing with the Enabling Act of 1933

THE GOVERNMENT PROTECTING AND SERVING THE CRAP OUT OF YOU

AND YOUR ANIMALS TOO!!

A Fun Read
Why Are So Many Dogs Being Shot by Police?

By Pets Adviser on May 6, 2013 - Subscribe to Updates
www.petsadviser.com...

Hmm interesting

www.citylab.com...

A Fun Read
Why Are So Many Dogs Being Shot by Police?

By Pets Adviser on May 6, 2013 - Subscribe to Updates
www.petsadviser.com...

Well Thank God I Have a Blind pug .. LOL
tho he may be mistaken as a Tiny Mastiff .. From a Distance...

America Copy's Technology to Dress Code of Nazi Germany
The American Military Helmet is One that Stands Out... like Nazi Germany

Now we have a State Like Rhode Island that Makes you think you have time warped to places like Warsaw Poland , LOL...

edit on 29-7-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
[post=18212320]Indigo5

The answer to that, is her facebook. The owner of the dog. Or, so yahoo posters say. And sad to say, it is probably true for that 15 minutes of fame. I do not believe the officer in question was in the wrong.

Hell, my saint bernard did the same thing, I can see why he shot him. But sadly, after my divorce, he passed away. I had no details of his passing. He was a 250 pd dog that showed his teeth like Cujo. I would have shot the dog too.

If the officer feared for his safty, he had every right to shoot, but the officer in my circumstance had every right to be scared, and had every right to shoot. He choose not to.

My dog died, after the divorce, not from an officer. It is the owners fault period. I should have faught for him, not my x-husband that the court gave him too.
edit on 29-7-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical

So since your 250 lb dog did something similar it was ok for this dog to shoot the one year old pup that was maybe a 5th of the weight and prob the 10th of the size of your dog?

If the officer was in immediate fear for his life, which I hope we agree should the the prerequisite of pulling a fire arm out and using it. Then this man was rightfully fired cause he has some serious fear issues.
Sounds like you are getting at the owner let her dog get killed to get her 15 min of fame or did I read that wrong.

And I am sorry to hear about your dog, I am sure he/she was family to you.
edit on thWed, 30 Jul 2014 02:01:05 -0500America/Chicago720140580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Well if he wasn't in the wrong why was he fired? and pretty quickly.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Please let me know which story they fabricated?

Wrong question to ask.

I don't doubt that each of those incidents occurred. What I doubt is the breed of dog involved.

Numerous studies have shown that visual identification of a breed is not reliable. Even relying on owners to identify their dogs is not reliable. Sight identification gets exponentially more difficult the further away from pure a dogs breeding gets. It is estimated that 75% of the dogs in American households are so mixed that their lineage is untraceable.

The media or police saying it was a "pit bull" is like labeling everyone with a large nose as Jewish. What effect do you think constantly reporting that every large nosed assailant was Jewish would have on the public perception of Jewish people?

So unless breeders papers are shown or a DNA screen is done identifying any breed in a media report is suspect.

This is the same media that labels pump action shotguns as "assault weapons" just because they're black.

I do not dispute those cited events took place. I dispute that the breed was identified reliably.

Breed Identification This page and site are obviously biased against BSL but there are link within to the reports and studies. It's just easier to link to one page than a dozen.

Take the test to see for yourself: Pick the Pit
edit on 30-7-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
More and more sociopaths seem to be joining the Police force. I don't mean that to be snarky, I mean that in all seriousness. Sociopaths are attracted to positions of power, and there is plenty of room for your authority to be abused as a Cop, especially in today's world.

I think we need mandatory psychological exams for anyone wanting to become a Cop.

And maybe better tests, because those exams are easy to lie your way through if you're intelligent.

These people are not killing pets because they feel threatened, they're doing it because they enjoy killing. I guarantee that, if we looked into this Officer's past, we would find a history of cruelty to animals--he probably enjoys it.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Well if he wasn't in the wrong why was he fired? and pretty quickly.

Based on what I've read, I would say he was justly fired. However, this would not be the first time someone got fired as a knee jerk reaction intended to calm things down or assuage the media.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So since your 250 lb dog did something similar it was ok for this dog to shoot the one year old pup that was maybe a 5th of the weight and prob the 10th of the size of your dog?

If the officer was in immediate fear for his life, which I hope we agree should the the prerequisite of pulling a fire arm out and using it. Then this man was rightfully fired cause he has some serious fear issues.
Sounds like you are getting at the owner let her dog get killed to get her 15 min of fame or did I read that wrong.

And I am sorry to hear about your dog, I am sure he/she was family to you.

well put. i can't believe how many times this has to be reiterated here.

how can you even begin to compare a 250lb saint bernard to this...

LMAO!

SERIOUSLY? You can understand why the officer shot and killed the above puppy who probably weighs no more than 15lbs? Because you're saint bernard showed you his teeth once and it was scary, scary like the movie CUJO? A fictional Stephen King novel? LOL

Again, the witness stated the puppy wasn't moving, barking or being aggressive in anyway shape or form. He "guessed" the dog must have shown his teeth because he was giving the officer the benefit of the doubt "guessing" there must have been some sort of provocation to open fire on the same front lawn as a 6 year old girl.

heavens to fu*king murgatroyd

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The goal of a terrorist is to sew the seeds of terror among the minds of the population they attack.

In America and since 2001? I would say they have won on every level and succeeded in every way which matters.

It's a victory they could never have accomplished without the willing assistance of a majority in America who have the best of intentions, as they pave the road to hell.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The dog should have not been loose period. [Owner is at fault]

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Just out of curiosity, where does the 15 lbs come from? Also, people keep calling this dog a "puppy" although I think I saw that it was 14 months old. That's still an adolescent dog but hardly what the term "puppy" conjures up.

So, for the dog experts out there, how exactly does a 14 month old German Shepard/Pit Bull mix only weigh 15 lbs?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
They just don't make cops like they use to...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Too bad the officer didn't issue the owner a citation. She would been found guilty and he could have leveraged that to save his job. And I am not buying this cute dog picture. I have a dog his size now, and mine is aggressive. Dogs can be dangerous when they want to be. The dog owner has the responsibilitiy to maintain their pet and she didn't. Case closed.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical
The dog should have not been loose period. [Owner is at fault]

The owner did take responsibility and called the police, dumb move but the owner rang the cops.

The cop founds the animal and followed it home.

Obviously the owner and their child were in the yard as they saw the dog getting shot.

Should have the owner ran straight up to the pup when it got home and take it inside, I would say yes.

However, my spin without knowing all the details of exactly what happened at the time of the shooting but knowing what lead to it would be as soon as the pup got back on familiar soil after being followed by the cop the dog turned to do what a dog naturally does and become territorial.

It sounds like it happened quite quick otherwise the owner would have walked up to the pup and taken it inside.

It sounds as though the dog was chased home by the cop only to turn when it gained a little confidence after being scared and chased to show its teeth (which is only suggested by the owner not known) which is the dog saying "this is my place and you are a stranger" its usually to gain the attention of the owner to tell them someone here.

Yes the owner takes some responsibility and that is for the mistake or on purpose of the dog getting loose.

I always say it up to the owner but with so many cops shooting dogs in such a fashion where the if a few more seconds were allowed the owners could have restrained their animals and not guns shots would be fired with children and other people in the vicinity, just a month or so ago a lady called cops because she seen a distressed dog walking down the street that she tried to catch but it gave a bite, so she called cops and regretted that because one of the cops went all out Rambo on the dog and pulled a knife and cut its throat.

We all have our opinions and I value yours and everyone else s but something is not right in recent times with the actions of police in the states towards people and animals alike.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: skulldigger

So, for the dog experts out there, how exactly does a 14 month old German Shepard/Pit Bull mix only weigh 15 lbs?

Change the lbs to Kgs and it might fit a little better.

However I am no expert.

But a young dog like that would need to be trained to be a soldier that could be a dangerous dog.

Most dogs at that age if they haven't suffered some sort of trauma will still be babies wanting to play with what ever they interact with.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheCounselor
a reply to: damwel
A cop who lived next door to me threatened to 'take us down, take us out' for asking him to turn down his radio.
This was 14 years ago. He was a sniper on the SWAT team.
I moved- now I'm glad I did, I like my house.

Last year, this same cop was busted for manufacturing and selling steroids. I'm in this nice house, and his stinkin' now fat ass is stewing in a cell.
I think about him from time to time, and smile.
Link? I'm skeptical of any such anecdotal evidence, particularly when it's being used to smear our peace officers, who have a thankless job.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join