It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IL cop shoots 6-year-old girl’s pet in head as she watches: ‘The dog wasn’t doing anything’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Humanity72

Obviously the officer is trained in the use of said firearms and no one was injured. Let's not manufacture issues that don't exist.

So, if I am trained in the use of a firearm, is it ok for me to shoot in the same neighborhood?
Why not?

You probably could but since it's in Chicago they'd probably castrate you for it. They have too many gangs there & would probably try to pin you into one of them.
The pepper spray retailers are happy about this, though.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

The guy shot a dog that he didn't want to get bitten by and now they are all steroid using mutant rage apes! Let's bring down... no let's burn down the Police Departments in this country because a six year old saw her dog get shot and let's not blame the family that was supposed to control the animal. Know what I bet that dad was on steroids and that is why he didn't have the dog on a leash.

Why not read the thread and the articles attached before you speak out of ignorance.

Yes its a bit over the top to make such suggestions, Burn the PDs and what not but your reasoning and excuse about the dad is just a troll response. sorry
I honestly don't think so it is a defense for those that are trying to discredit the officer, a person that puts his life on the line everyday BTW, so in my mind what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

It's funny how someone can attack the police officer and that is ok but attack the person who caused the incident in the first place that is not. The only innocent here is the dog because it can't reason and that unfortunately is also why it had to be put down.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Obviously the officer is trained in the use of said firearms and no one was injured. Let's not manufacture issues that don't exist.

I am not manufacturing anything.

There are laws about discharging firearms aren't there even for the cops even though they can make crap up to justify their actions there are still laws aren't there?

The police department has rules and regs and once he discharged his weapon he will have to file a report and the department will rule one way or another if he acted properly.

He was sacked.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical
Too bad the officer didn't issue the owner a citation. She would been found guilty and he could have leveraged that to save his job. And I am not buying this cute dog picture. I have a dog his size now, and mine is aggressive. Dogs can be dangerous when they want to be. The dog owner has the responsibilitiy to maintain their pet and she didn't. Case closed.

you're not buying the cute dog picture? what? you think their dogs photo is a hoax? you think it's puppy propaganda? you think it's predisposed to be a vicious killer and they happened to catch it looking cute? and again THEIR dog has NOTHING to do with YOUR dog. just because you raised your dog unsuccessfully and you think its "aggressive(god knows what that even means to you) has nothing to do with the dog that was shot dead.

the dog was on their front lawn sitting down, not moving. i would say that's pretty maintained. and yeah the case is closed. the officer was FIRED by the chief of police because guess what? HE was in the wrong. get over it. he lost his job because it was pretty obvious killing someones pet in front of a six year old was pretty dumb and an overt, unnecessary use of force.

since when did police start thinking of themselves as animal control anyway.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

I bet the dog peed on the officers shoe. That wouldn't look good in a report, though.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity72

I honestly don't think so it is a defense for those that are trying to discredit the officer, a person that puts his life on the line everyday BTW, so in my mind what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Since it's the second time you've used that line I feel obligated to point out how hollow that sentiment is.

The number one threat to a cops life is driving around in his cruiser. Coincidentally the same threat to every person who drives or rides in a vehicle. That cop is putting his life on the line as much as I am everyday and far less than garbagemen or roofers or gas station clerks.

Law enforcement hovers around the 10th most dangerous job year after year. It isnt for all their awesome shootouts or SWAT raids or vicious dog mauling or whatever other fantasy you apparently have about police work. It's due to car accidents.

A cop has just as much chance getting killed in the line of duty as your mom has driving to the store for a gallon of milk.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Well to be fair if they would have brought the dog inside perhaps the officer would not have felt it necessary to neutralize the threat he perceived in the dog. You weren't there so how do you know the dog didn't look deadly ? He growled at the officer and for that reason the officer felt he needed to remove the threat. Until you walk the beat like that cop does then you really should refrain from judging him !

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I am not manufacturing anything.

There are laws about discharging firearms aren't there even for the cops even though they can make crap up to justify their actions there are still laws aren't there?

The police department has rules and regs and once he discharged his weapon he will have to file a report and the department will rule one way or another if he acted properly.

He was sacked.

The fact that the officer was dismissed is a perfect example of public opinion should not be considered in these circumstances. Think of the officers that may be put in harms way because they hesitate now?

This is the problem with our schools the teachers can't teach or discipline without looking over their shoulders. Some over sensitive parent might get an attorney.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

The only innocent here is the dog because it can't reason and that unfortunately is also why it had to be put down.

Star for that statement.

However a person with a psychological disorder that cant reason should be put down in the same fashion?

I honestly don't think so it is a defense for those that are trying to discredit the officer, a person that puts his life on the line everyday BTW

No need for any ATSers to discredit him, his own department did so by sacking him.

How do you know this cop put his life on the line everyday?

What if the sacking involved more than just this shooting he is apparently sacked for?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Why do you hate the police ?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: PleiaDsClusterDck

lol, yeah and its a good thing the 6 year old didn't have a water gun or something, otherwise the officer would have probably shot her too because he was in such an immense state of fear induced by a 12 month old, puppy. yes that's right folks the dog in question was 12 months old. that's a puppy. or that was a puppy.

any police officer so scared of a 12 month old dog that he has to shot and kill it doesn't deserve to be a cop anyway. aaaaaand that's why he was fired. goooooooooooodbye.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

Since it's the second time you've used that line I feel obligated to point out how hollow that sentiment is.

The number one threat to a cops life is driving around in his cruiser. Coincidentally the same threat to every person who drives or rides in a vehicle. That cop is putting his life on the line as much as I am everyday and far less than garbagemen or roofers or gas station clerks.

Law enforcement hovers around the 10th most dangerous job year after year. It isnt for all their awesome shootouts or SWAT raids or vicious dog mauling or whatever other fantasy you apparently have about police work. It's due to car accidents.

A cop has just as much chance getting killed in the line of duty as your mom has driving to the store for a gallon of milk.
I guess they wear bullet proof vest as a fashion statement. I have two friends that are police officers both have been shot at and one took a round in the shoulder by some punk. That is real danger my friend and lets not negate it to grandma's grocery run.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

the dog was on their front lawn sitting down, not moving.

Yes I believe this was a neighbor who witnessed it said this.

i would say that's pretty maintained. and yeah the case is closed. the officer was FIRED by the chief of police because guess what? HE was in the wrong. get over it. he lost his job because it was pretty obvious killing someones pet in front of a six year old was pretty dumb and an overt, unnecessary use of force.

I cant see why this thread need to go on.

This sums it up quite well.

If anything he was sacked so there is no investigation that could expose something even worse.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BayouAlien

Well to be fair if they would have brought the dog inside perhaps the officer would not have felt it necessary to neutralize the threat he perceived in the dog. You weren't there so how do you know the dog didn't look deadly ? He growled at the officer and for that reason the officer felt he needed to remove the threat. Until you walk the beat like that cop does then you really should refrain from judging him !

you need to read all the articles. the family didn't get the chance to take the dog inside because it was shot and killed as opposed to the officer finding an alternative resolution. thats why he was fired. the witnessed involved stated quite clearly the dog was not a threat. and if you think that a 12 month dog looks DEADLY, there are bigger issues at hand...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I guess they wear bullet proof vest as a fashion statement. I have two friends that are police officers both have been shot at and one took a round in the shoulder by some punk. That is real danger my friend and lets not negate it to grandma's grocery run.

Grandma can get shot too. People who arent cops get shot everyday by "some punk."

Take a step back and look at the reality and the cold data.

The only numbers cops seem to excel at over the general population is self-medicating and domestic abuse.

link   

The problem with this attitude is that's an easy position to take sitting behind a keybd but let one of them risk their lives to save yours or one of your family's lives then it is a different story.

Implying that people aren't capable of defending themselves.

We've all turned into babies who need daddies with badges to come to the rescue?

link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov
a reply to: PleiaDsClusterDck

lol, yeah and its a good thing the 6 year old didn't have a water gun or something, otherwise the officer would have probably shot her too because he was in such an immense state of fear induced by a 12 month old, puppy. yes that's right folks the dog in question was 12 months old. that's a puppy. or that was a puppy.

any police officer so scared of a 12 month old dog that he has to shot and kill it doesn't deserve to be a cop anyway. aaaaaand that's why he was fired. goooooooooooodbye.

uh....12 months is not a puppy ! Its a viscous killer animal at that age. This hero cop may have saved countless lives by taken this killer off the streets. And what does he get for his actions ? Praise ? NO ! He gets fired because a bunch of animal lovers who would pet a Tiger if given the chance foolishly can't see the danger posed by these potential killers !

link   

Were you there?

So all this is arguing from ignorance isn't it, from both sides?

Its is suggested the dog growled by the owner however was witnessed to be non aggressive by neighbors.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

the dog was on their front lawn sitting down, not moving.

Yes I believe this was a neighbor who witnessed it said this.

i would say that's pretty maintained. and yeah the case is closed. the officer was FIRED by the chief of police because guess what? HE was in the wrong. get over it. he lost his job because it was pretty obvious killing someones pet in front of a six year old was pretty dumb and an overt, unnecessary use of force.

I cant see why this thread need to go on.

This sums it up quite well.

If anything he was sacked so there is no investigation that could expose something even worse.

seriously i couldnt agree more. as i've said previously this officers brothers in blue aren't even defending him. but people always have to play devil's advocate regardless of the situation.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Were you there?

So all this is arguing from ignorance isn't it, from both sides?

Its is suggested the dog growled by the owner however was witnessed to be non aggressive by neighbors.

Oh ...so a non-aggressive growl sounds like what exactly ? Did he show his teeth too ? Guess he did that in a "non aggressive" manner also !?!?!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join