It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IL cop shoots 6-year-old girl’s pet in head as she watches: ‘The dog wasn’t doing anything’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Oh come on.. Why is this becoming almost a daily occurrence? Another cop shoots another family pet when he could have used pepper spray or a taser or just not done any thing at all and let the family get the dog in the house.

I just do not get it. Why are all the police so deathly afraid of dogs? Or is it they just like using them as target practice?

link

We were in the lawn and the cop already had his gun out,” Echlin explained. “I tried to call him in the house and he just stood there staring and I guess he showed his teeth and the cop just shot him, right in front of me and my 6-year-old daughter.”

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

From the link…

The daughter immediately “started screaming,” Echlin recalled.

---

“And to shoot a dog in front of a child, that’s going to scare (scar) her for the rest of her life.”

My edit in parenthesis.

Right. Another convert to the Police state. Which way do you suppose her loyalty will swing as she grows up? One of seething resentment or bullied compliance?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
My goodness, a 1 YO old pup shot in front of a 6 YO. I guess that's going to happen more and more with blackwater trained police force.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Happened near our city recently....now TBH, in the situation I discuss here, the dog owner was negligent as the dog was allowed out to do its business with no leash and no fence.

But, after "trying" to "catch" it for several overnight hours, the cops put about 6 holes in the dog...and still managed not to kill it.
It wasn't until hours later that animal control was even called.
The dog died sometime later...I am unclear as to the true cause of death.

These dog murders need to stop.
We've all seen enough videos of this horror.

+38 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I again call for steroid, hgh, and testosterone testing of all law enforcement with access to the public. It's time these roid monsters are put in place.
edit on Mon July 28th, 2014 by damwel because: (no reason given)

+38 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Try shooting your own dog in your front yard....

You'll be brought up on all sorts of animal cruelty charges, but cops do this all day with out so much as a blinking eye.

I guess if you wear a goofy uniform you can act however you wish without any sort of repercussions that would befall any other human in society.

This is progress?

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

another disgusting case of police traumatizing the public they are supposed to be protecting. The whole kill the family dog thing is really becoming a sick trend. And I have to ask myself why is this happening so much recently? I think it really shows something about the cops mentality when they are capable of shooting a family's pet in front of them. In front of a child.

To me it just seems are though it's an intentional display of force. With the purpose of traumatizing the civilians involved. It's like a public display of state power. Officer shoots and kills a family's dog and there's no repercussions or course of action for the family to take and for all intents and purposes to the family it's like they just lost a relative. And what they are left with is a clear message. That the police have unwavering authority and superiority enough so to arrogantly display their lack of conscience publicly without second thought. It's all like some sick experiment.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Maybe the average officer isn't too smart. Much like the news anchors quoting the same line daily on every news station, the men hear of shooting dogs so now many of them start doing it.

I think we are seeing a serious disrespect for life growing in them.
edit on 7/28/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Scrap the idea of thinking what it would be like to live in the states for me.

I wouldn't last long, I wouldn't be able peacefully protest outside the station and if it was my 4legged child that was shot, well have any of you seen the movie "Law abiding citizen"?

Edit:
on these killers that can get away with this daily.

Just yesterday I was going to post in another thread but held back as this news just takes away the love I have for humans wanting to protect and serve and do so in such caring fashion to kill a 1 year old pup in front of a 6 year old child.
edit on 28-7-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Try shooting your own dog in your front yard....

You'll be brought up on all sorts of animal cruelty charges, but cops do this all day with out so much as a blinking eye.

I guess if you wear a goofy uniform you can act however you wish without any sort of repercussions that would befall any other human in society.

This is progress?

You make a great point.
Even if your own dog had cancer and needed put out of its misery, you would be arrested for shooting it. I say this because I grew up in an area that had limited availability of veterinary services and people would put their own animals down when it needed to be done.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Not siding with the cops..but you should know better then to have you dog free roaming when anyone shows up.. even UPS. I do not what to give them any cause to shoot my baby. If you leave you pet off the leash you are asking for issues!
Why would the cops JUST show up?

edit on 28-7-2014 by DogMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

I have you know many dogs are smarter than humans.

As such, they are quite capable of "getting loose".

You have no heart.....

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Its all part of the conditioning we are being trained to accept, I hope someone goes postal some day..cockroaches. Never ever call the police..There is a 6 yr old girl in this story and I bet its left a lifelong immpression about the pigs(dont use the term much but its very fitting right now).
Let me off this ride Im sick of this sh#t.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat
Not siding with the cops..but you should know better then to have you dog free roaming when anyone shows up.. even UPS. I do not what to give them any cause to shoot my baby. If you leave you pet off the leash you are asking for issues!

I see what your saying but don't see how it fits here. Well not with the way the article is written. It says the dog escaped, not let out to roam free.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat

LOL

I hope that is a joke.

Cops can show up at anytime. Where is your dog as you read this reply? Be careful...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Several months ago, I saw on tv that cops shot and killed a dog. They were chasing a criminal who "might" have been hiding in this backyard. There was a party going on at the house, and the cops went in through the front door and out the back and shot the family dog that was in their fenced in yard. They said it got in their way.

I had a very similar incident happen but thank god my dogs weren't shot and killed.

Very late one night I saw movement
near my garage door. I saw a dog, so I thought a dog was running loose and pushed my garage door open. My dogs were going nuts, but I held them back and went outside. As I stepped out, I saw people in my garage. I yelled out "Hey, wtf are you doing in my garage?" Two cops with a police dog came out from my garage. They said they were chasing a guy who robbed a gas station and he ditched his car and fled on foot. They saw my garage door cracked open a bit and thought
the guy ran inside.

Thank god I didn't let my dogs out at that time or they could have been shot and killed.
edit on 28-7-2014 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Price a person pays for living in a US City.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I really don't know what to say. That coward officer should not have authority at his command. He has proven he is incapable of a rational decision. He fears for his life or grave bodily harm from a 1 year old dog. It would be pathetically laughable if it were not uselessly sad. What I don't understand is why the caregivers of the pet do not call the officer out for what he is. If it were my dog that were shot I would be accusing the officer of cowardice and incompetence to any reporter that would listen. I have to give Kristy Scialabba credit for being able to exercise restraint in her comments.

I am getting sick of seeing these dog-shooting news stories. I have a lot of experience with domesticated dogs. Only a coward at heart would shoot the animal before a bite. Yes, a bite. Police departments like to propagandize these stories. They tell the story as if the dog had a premeditated plan to murder an officer. No they are simply scared, startled or defending their dens. Most incidences involving dogs are a simple, single non-lethal fleshwound bite.

I am not extremely opinionated in most things but these situations bring out my verbal wrath. Damn cowards, everyone of them cops that shoots a dog preemptively and it proves they do not have the mental capabilities to be granted the power, authority and responsibility of LEO.

Just imagine what one of these "officers"(I am spitting that word) will do to you when their stress levels explode.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join