It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learn some history. Healthcare/employer paid insurance IS A BENEFIT NOT A RIGHT

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Only in America.. where Gun is more important than a person's health.

What am i not suprised.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: beezzer

When private enterprises or corporations fail to provide needed services, it is the responsibility for us to step in.

our government was set up TO REPRESENT AND PROTECT THE PEOPLE FROM THE EXCESSES OF THE WEALTHY AND POWERFUL. the wealthy controlled the churches and government back in the days when people escaped from feudal Europe to come to America....corporations are entities that facilitate business...that's it....they should have no human rights. we the people have the power to control corporations, not the other way around.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

What am i not suprised.

Where does it say in the constitution that birth control is a right?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
>>
1. Heath insurance is a BENEFIT.

2. An individual can CHOOSE to work for a company given their benefit package (including or not including healthcare).

3. An employee can CHOOSE TO QUIT over the benefits they don't like.

4. The company can choose NOT TO PROVIDE a particular healthcare plan or choose none at all since ITS THERE MONEY NOT YOURS.
>>

If I wouldn't know better it *sounds* to me like you think it's actually a good thing that employers health care IN THE USA is merely a "benefit" and not a right.

For me as an European this is nothing but absurd, if not appalling. Worse even that individuals seems to be supporting this and seem proud of it. Yeah "wonderful", a company can choose not to provide a particular health care plan.

OF COURSE they "can choose" because not choosing to provide a healthcare plan means that the company saves money, in the same way as the company saves money trying to pay an employee as little as legally possibly.

And how is this, even remotely, a good thing?

Answer me that: Who else, IF NOT THE EMPLOYER, should pay for health benefits?
Why do you think it's a good thing that certain employers, and NOT only the small mom & pop shops, choose not pay any benefits?
Why is it more important that a company can do anything they choose to in order to save money, incl. leaving out health insurance for employees..rather than making sure that employers who work 8+/hrs day for a company get adequate health insurance?

"They can choose another employer" is not an argument...we're talking about the principle here.

edit on 7/2/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

SM2

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: MOMof3

When private enterprises or corporations fail to provide needed services, it is the responsibility for us to step in.

our government was set up TO REPRESENT AND PROTECT THE PEOPLE FROM THE EXCESSES OF THE WEALTHY AND POWERFUL. the wealthy controlled the churches and government back in the days when people escaped from feudal Europe to come to America....corporations are entities that facilitate business...that's it....they should have no human rights. we the people have the power to control corporations, not the other way around.

No, our system of government was set up to protect us from the government. Did not do so well in history or social studies in school did ya?

Yes corporations are entities that facilitate business, but it has long been established in like 1819 that a corporation is a legal entity that gives them the same rights as individuals. That precedence has been upheld numerous times since then, most recently in the hobby lobby case and the citizens united case.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

What am i not suprised.

Another famous republican twist. Not suprised.

Human health has many other parts, not just the republican mantra called "Abortion".

So you will deny a human their health because of abortion? lol

Im going to bomb a country because 2 people are bad apples. Make sense.

No, i suck at metaphor... im going to kill a person because he has an ugly mole.

yeah thats better. i think :/
edit on 7/2/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

What am i not suprised.

only in America, where a mythical god's words, are more important than a female humans life....I am surprised that women continue to grovel and obey men, that tell them what they can and cannot do inside their own body.
edit on 2-7-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

What am i not suprised.

the same place it says you have to obey another persons religious beliefs....nowhere

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

What am i not suprised.

That makes no sense. No gun advocate has said they had the right to force you to buy them a gun--they just want to be left alone to exercise that right.

No conservative has said that you should not have the right to have healthcare, they just don't think they should be forced to buy it for you.

Both positions are actually consistent in the civil rights concept.

SM2

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

How is an emergency birth control medication used to make yourself non pregnant (abortificient) have anything to do with a female human's healthy life?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

What am i not suprised.

the same place it says you have to obey another persons religious beliefs....nowhere

Who says the employees have to "obey their religious beliefs?" They are free to buy it anywhere they want and they are free to use 16 out of 20 types of birth control that they do cover so I don't see them being forced to do anything. The ruling simply reduces the government mandates on a particular benefits package--it does not force religion on anyone.

What sort of convoluted logic is "if you don't buy it for me, you are restricting my right to it?"

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SM2

How is an emergency birth control medication used to make yourself non pregnant (abortificient) have anything to do with a female human's healthy life?

Why does Human health arguement goes down to like the 0.000001%(Abortion) issue with republicans?

Is that what human health is to republicans? lol

Human Anatomy: Vagina.

link   

What am i not suprised.

only in America, where a mythical god's words, are more important than a female humans life....I am surprised that women continue to grovel and obey men, that tell them what they can and cannot do inside their own body.

But that is disingenuous hyperbole. Nobody's life is taken away or threatened. No woman is told what they can and cannot do. The plan offered is just 4 items shy of he 20 items offered by other plans. OH THE HORROR?

Your point is nonsense because some one else refusing to buy you something is not restricting your right to it in any way.

link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

One of many current memes running around. . .

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Why does Human health arguement goes down to like the 0.000001%(Abortion) issue with republicans?

Why does every right of a woman seem to boil down to abortion and birth control with "progressives?" They are more than a uterus and they have other important rights: economic, bearing arms, property, speech, etc--but all a woman to a leftist is a uterus it seems.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

To add, it seems like people are wanting to go to Burger King and order Mongolian beef.

Apparently the government has promised that regardless of the restaurant, you get to order and get whatever you want.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

look I've spent much time on these boards trying to convince people that workers deserve a living wage
they don't agree!

I point out to them that it's wrong to expect taxpayers to pitch in to provide the "poor" things that they can't themselves afford ---like healthcare and then proceed to tell them that one of two things should be done either cut the social programs or make sure that some of the taxpayers aren't lost in the cracks and find themselves out of luck! neither seems to be embraced by anyone! heck considering that a good portion the revenues that the healthcare providers are getting are from those gov't programs I can see why!

I have opted to go without healthcare since I can't afford it
I could have easily just kicked my hubby out of my home and had the gov't take care of my problem I didn't!!!

The biggest problem that I see is that we have a system that is forcing people to be dependent on someone else with less and less people finding that they are not!! It's that dependency-- regardless of weather it on the gov't or insurance companies or on debt is the pathway to servitude!!!

and it's not we the lowly people that have put us on this path
it's politicians that will write whatever crazyarsed law they are bribed to do so
it's businesses that have place their desire for more profits so high that they probably without even noticing have placed themselves in that same dependency on gov't since they now have to rely on people getting the money from the gov't to spend on their products!!!
it's people who can't recognize that if they want that product or service well the workers that are providing it have to be kept alive somehow for them to get it!

I have done all I can
I have made sure I am not draining the system even to my own detriment
I have written many letters to gov't officials about my concernes
and I have posted tons of stuff on these boards just to be shot down!
And I have refuse to vote for the liers that they bring up every year to sweet talk you into votes!

Guess what I am not the problem and I can't solve the problem!

SM2

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Birth control has a 0.00000% effect on the health of a human vagina.

Why do you have to bring republicans into it? I am not a republican!

Show me where Plan B and Ella have any positive health effects.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

The biggest problem that I see is that we have a system that is forcing people to be dependent on someone else with less and less people finding that they are not!! It's that dependency-- regardless of weather it on the gov't or insurance companies or on debt is the pathway to servitude!!!

Which is why the best thing you or anyone else can do is become independent of government and corporations.

Use them. Abuse them.

Just don't rely on them because their bests interests are definitely NOT yours.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

because its hypocrisy........

Dana loesch quoted these, I found them quite funny.....

“Not my boss’s business — but I want my boss to pay for it!”

“Hands off my uterus — just give it your dollars instead.”

“Women united will never be defeated (so pay for our birth control).”

“Not the church, not the state, women must control our fate (please finance our fate).”

Sounds about right to me

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join