Learn some history. Healthcare/employer paid insurance IS A BENEFIT NOT A RIGHT

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Your history is slightly off there. Mandated healthcare with employer/employee paying in, started in Germany, 1883. Otto Von Bismark decided that everyone had a right to healthcare and that the employer/employee should pay for health insurance. This is called the Bismark model of healthcare. Kaiser who was a ship manufacturer during WW2 offered healthcare to employees and their whole families because federal law stated that all jobs had to pay the same at the time. Today Kaiser is known as Kaiser Permanente(A health insurance company

I will say this about the healthcare issue.

People who have never used the American healthcare system think we don't need healthcare mandates etc, but anyone in America who has genuinely used the system, knows you go broke very very fast even with insurance. Got cancer? Heart problems? Need brain surgery? Your SOL in America unless your one of the ultra rich your going to go bankrupt.

America is the only developed nation in the world that:
1. Lets people go without healthcare
2. Thinks healthcare isn't a right
3. Believes that the poor little boy doesn't deserve the same treatment as the rich kid( even though neither could choose their fathers )
4. Has a for profit health insurance system - and is so delusional as to believe that it is a better system than the rest of the worlds yet no one has dared copy us.
5. Allows pharmaceuticals to rob their citizens and thinks its ok.
6. Ranks #37 on the WHO healthcare ratings just below Costa Rica

I could go on forever.. We think we are so damn special. Why don't we take a look at some other countries and see what works and what doesn't.

BTW the excuse that everyone else is socialized doesn't fly, because Canada, and the UK are not *everyone*..
edit on 5-7-2014 by lobograndemalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Maybe tomorrow I'll make a new thread and share the story of my little sister Sara. She had health insurance.......It will give you an in depth look at how healthcare really works in America.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The "She had health insurance" statement makes me think this isn't going to be a happy story you're going to tell.

Or maybe I'm wrong....

a reply to: lobograndemalo

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Aside from the history according to whomever being in error, and the health care system in the U.S. being a great big sick joke unless you're rather beyond what is normally considered wealthy, and the people here somehow equating health care with health insurance for some stupid goddamned reason or other.

Is this country supposed to back track?, go to the way it was in the past when people didn't have health care because it really didn't exist?, backtrack to a time when employers could do pretty much whatever they pleased because employees really didn't have any rights besides those arbitrarily granted or revoked by some tyrannical capitalist robber baron?, Die from preventable disease because they simply can't afford to use their BS health insurance policy because it has a 5000 dollar deductible and they work a part time job at a low wage and have no savings to cover it and still pay for food to eat?

Gee, I see a lot of people writing about how great they're doing here, and how they almost seem to look down their noses at those who don't have as much as they do by what they write.

I would bet the majority of you couldn't keep your house after six months of being laid off or hurt and unable to work.

Sorry, this stuff makes me a bit angry, people are so incredibly ruthless even if they do smile and wave and say good day and hello and hi and whatever, it's just an act with more than most, they would still rather gut you, strip you and sell you for parts before they would give you the time of day truthfully..

Part of what makes me so angry about it is that I studied in college to take a job in the health care industry, but after I saw what it really was I didn't want any part of it.

I'm sorry I wasted your taxpayer dollars going to school on the G.I. Bill, I thank you that I don't have a giant black debt cloud floating over my head till I die in order to have learned what an awful joke your "Best health care in the world" actually is.

America is #1 in one thing only, IGNORANCE.

a reply to: lobograndemalo

edit on 5-7-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: dammit i went n got mad
edit on 5-7-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: igigigiggy

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: lobograndemalo
America is the only developed nation in the world that:
1. Lets people go without healthcare
2. Thinks healthcare isn't a right
3. Believes that the poor little boy doesn't deserve the same treatment as the rich kid( even though neither could choose their fathers )
4. Has a for profit health insurance system - and is so delusional as to believe that it is a better system than the rest of the worlds yet no one has dared copy us.
5. Allows pharmaceuticals to rob their citizens and thinks its ok.
6. Ranks #37 on the WHO healthcare ratings just below Costa Rica

I could go on forever.. We think we are so damn special. Why don't we take a look at some other countries and see what works and what doesn't.

BTW the excuse that everyone else is socialized doesn't fly, because Canada, and the UK are not *everyone*..

So if everyone else is going to jump off a bridge you going to join them?

Nobody is arguing that the current healthcare system in this country couldn't use some tweaks, but FORCING EVERYONE to buy the insurance is as un American as it gets. How ANYONE argues otherwise is beyond me, this is THE country that protects your right to be an imbecile with everything else, why not this?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

government might be another corporation, but one citizens are shareholders in.

hence government should be working in our interests, and can if we simply campeign enough to remove big-business interests from washington.
a reply to: EverydayInVA
depends; how high is the cliff? and why are they jumping off it? what's at the bottom of the cliff?

if I had a choice, jump off a 20ft cliff (overlooking a lake or ocean,), or be ripped apart by a bear or something, I think I'd chose the cliff, a bear would probably kill me, while I'm more likely to survive the fall and the swim afterwards.

eh I don't think it's unamerican; as I see it it's a better ways to do things, a more sensible way to do things, a way that doesn't disadvantage people based on social/economic class.
edit on 5-7-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
so you believe a healthy society and culture is one that turns its back on the poor and infirm, while granting the highest science and service to the most greedy and privileged? wouldn't it be a nice world without greedpigs.
edit on 5-7-2014 by urmenimu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join